SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and I’m interested to see a work around that the defense will try and spin for the video and clothes. I just don’t feel like this was planned out by a lawyer but more like hastily covered up by one.
His defense will for sure have a 'plausability' for the video 'voice' and the stained-not-stained shirt. I want to see if what they say is what I think they will say.

As for the planing portion, I definitely believe he had a plan in his mind but wasn't sure just when or if he would need it. I believe as the opportunist AM is, he found the 7th of June to be the opportunity needed to carry out that plan. As we all know, plans have a way of not turning out like we imagine when we make those plans. Particularly if you plan to kill someone and you have only ever killed animals and not a human being you don't know what to expect from yourself. I keep thinking about the "I did him so bad" and what could that possibly mean beyond being a confession of sorts and have concluded that he thought it would be a straight up shot, one-and-done, to Paul and a quick turn to Maggie with the second shot. I don't believe he was expecting himself to fire the second shot to Paul. I think after the first shot failed to take him down, Paul may have staggered toward the door, coming toward him, and AM freaked and pulled the trigger a second time. He was just shooting at a figure, not paying any attention to where the shot was going. I don't think he meant to blow his son's head off and the "I did him so bad" was a subconscious slip of the tongue because the second shot was a startled reflex. I think the 300 Blackout was already down there and within reach. Who took it, put it, or left it there, or who caused it to be there, I don't have a clue.

I agree with a hasty cover up by a lawyer that up to then had been successful with bait-and-switch paper money cover ups but what happened at the kennels was a botched plan reality and he found himself in unfamiliar territory.

JMO, MOO

What did Cousin Eddie do for Alex to pay him all that money? I think it goes much further than we realize and I believe ole' Cousin Eddie is going to drop the dime on Alex to save himself for a looooong jail sentence. I hope Eddie has good security until he testifies, people tend to end up dead around Alex.
I believe Cousin Eddie's $250K bond with conditions of house arrest was revoked last August and he's being kept safe and cozy in jail. MOO

Seems he's another one that believes the rules don't apply to him -- but he forgot his fixer was also in jail!

ETA: Confirming CES still in custody -- Lexington County Detention

CURTIS EDWARD SMITH​

Custody Record

Custody Status Date Aug 22, 2022 08:02 AM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Lexington County Detention Center
Book Date Aug 22, 2022 07:43 AM EDT

Last edited:
Now I know I'm going to get slammed, but I think ole' Cousin Eddie is going to bring a lot to the party. He has known Alex his whole life, and we know based on the financial witnesses Alex paid him hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years. There was a relationship there beyond dispute.

What did Cousin Eddie do for Alex to pay him all that money? I think it goes much further than we realize and I believe ole' Cousin Eddie is going to drop the dime on Alex to save himself for a looooong jail sentence. I hope Eddie has good security until he testifies, people tend to end up dead around Alex.

JMO
Interesting idea, and hey, right now it's a crap show, and with all the Crazy, anything is possible. I enjoy reading others thoughts on this frankly.

Prosecutor is right, AM mentioned that boat case almost immediately AND he was confronted about his stealing that day, it was ALL coming to a head.
The second I heard AM, make reference to his son, and a boat, and the mystery assailant, I felt that he was a guilty man. I didn't even have a clue as to what he was referencing, in regard to the boat, at that point, but it just sounded like he was laying the foundation, that a mystery boatman was to blame. Watching A.M. go from answering questions in a cruiser and crying to seconds later, asking the officer; Do you mind if I get that? when a phone call comes in, made him appear to be an actor, who snapped out of the screen character they were playing.

Simply a theory I've tossed around

AM's wife: MM was rumored to have seen a divorce attorney, over an hour away, just a few weeks prior to the murders.

AM's son: PM had become a huge liability. PM's drunken boating accident was about to bring on a lawsuit from Paul's ex-girlfriend, and PM was facing a criminal trial due to the death of his boat passenger, while BUI. PM's behaviour, past and present, was going to be made public. His lashing out, at his longtime girlfriend, that night, surfaced also. Was that also how AM could be around his family, when his public mask was off (or was it just PM, caught in a bad light, due to his level of intoxication, that night)?

Paul and Maggie had each created new problems in AM's world. The problems would not be going away soon nor would any of them be cheap, or easy, to resolve. AM began to see quite a lot at stake in his own future. He was not happy. He hated what was happening to him, and his world. I feel that AM's and PM's murders reflected a high degree of hatred toward them, at the time. JM2

Maybe in a moment of incontrollable balling he uttered something like, "I did him wrong" (something similar to what he said in the second car interview with SLED). A couple of Freudian slips on different days, to different people don't add up well.

Added: Also as a few of you have mentioned -- RG reported hearing AM's voice in call with Paul so in addition to so many opportunities for verbal evidence with the huge group that had gathered at Moselle, MM's family would be good witnesses to not only hearing RG's statement but that Alec was sitting there and did not respond. OMO.

My point -- there were a bunch of people at Moselle the night of and in the two or three days after the murders that might be valuable witnesses for the State, if the Court will name them third parties outside attorney-client privilege.
But will they tell the truth?? I believe some of his cronies may be more like AM than we know and probly will never know?? If their butt is on the line like CW or RL could have been then maybe, but just to get on the stand, I don't see anything being revealed

Now I know I'm going to get slammed, but I think ole' Cousin Eddie is going to bring a lot to the party. He has known Alex his whole life, and we know based on the financial witnesses Alex paid him hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years. There was a relationship there beyond dispute.

JMO
There are times when one can look at someone and they just look like they are up to no good, enter cousin Eddie. That cousin look's he was the go- to kin for dirty deeds. They say listen to that gut feeling and Eddie makes my tummy rumble. When he takes the stand I'm looking for Canarys to be flying out of his mouth along with some family bones. AM would feed Eddie money and such to do the shady task here and there to leave AM's hands clean but as we have seen AM's hands are covered from his wrong doings. Forgive me though if every time I hear the name Cousin Eddie I have flashes of Eddie from the Vacation flick, he was shady as well hehe.

I am also still wondering if the "remote start" feature on his car might have been a benefit in helping him skew his times. I think most fully-loaded, late model cars have "remote start" and while mine works from a phone app, I understand that there are aftermarket key fobs that allow remote start from a much further distance (in the case that he left his phone at the house during that "silent" hour, 8+/- to 9.06).
We have a remote start and don't always drive off immediately when we use it.

The second I heard AM, make reference to his son, and a boat, and the mystery assailant, I felt that he was a guilty man. I didn't even have a clue as to what he was referencing, in regard to the boat, at that point, but it just sounded like he was laying the foundation, that a mystery boatman was to blame. Watching A.M. go from answering questions in a cruiser and crying to seconds later, asking the officer; Do you mind if I get that? when a phone call comes in, made him appear to be an actor, who snapped out of the screen character they were playing.

Simply a theory I've tossed around

AM's wife: MM was rumored to have seen a divorce attorney, over an hour away, just a few weeks prior to the murders.

AM's son: PM had become a huge liability. PM's drunken boating accident was about to bring on a lawsuit from Paul's ex-girlfriend, and PM was facing a criminal trial due to the death of his boat passenger, while BUI. PM's behaviour, past and present, was going to be made public. His lashing out, at his longtime girlfriend, that night, surfaced also. Was that also how AM could be around his family, when his public mask was off (or was it just PM, caught in a bad light, due to his level of intoxication, that night)?

Paul and Maggie had each created new problems in AM's world. The problems would not be going away soon nor would any of them be cheap, or easy, to resolve. AM began to see quite a lot at stake in his own future. He was not happy. He hated what was happening to him, and his world. I feel that AM's and PM's murders reflected a high degree of hatred toward them, at the time. JM2

I thought the same at the very beginning, with his bringing up how Paul was being picked on because of the boating 'accident', and then his blubbering about how Paul was a 'Man's Man' but couldn't defend himself because he was being investigated/under indictment...SO OBVIOUSLY DEFLECTING OFF HIMSELF! What a ! Murderer or not, he is a Malignant Narcissist who has never taken responsibility for anything.

There are times when one can look at someone and they just look like they are up to no good, enter cousin Eddie. That cousin look's he was the go- to kin for dirty deeds. They say listen to that gut feeling and Eddie makes my tummy rumble. When he takes the stand I'm looking for Canarys to be flying out of his mouth along with some family bones. AM would feed Eddie money and such to do the shady task here and there to leave AM's hands clean but as we have seen AM's hands are covered from his wrong doings. Forgive me though if every time I hear the name Cousin Eddie I have flashes of Eddie from the Vacation flick, he was shady as well hehe.
LOL. I think of Eddie Munster, from the TV show when I was young-the Munsters.

Regardless of how they try to trash Smith, I think what will matter most is how he is taken by the jury. He may be seen as honest. I didn’t find him repulsive on the 48 hrs show.
And locked up since August, he just might present as clean with a clear mind.

CES's attorney alleges AM set him up during the drive-by road shoot and intended to murder him. I wonder if Eddie will be allowed to say as much and he fears for his life.

The attorney representing Smith, however, believes her client will be a star witness in Murdaugh's trial and that as a result, Smith's name will be cleared.

"I believe that when he (Murdaugh) lured Eddie out to the side of the road, he was gonna kill him and blame this whole thing on him ... I firmly believe that was what was gonna happen," Aimee Zmroczek said Monday during an appearance on "Banfield."

For the money deals in the millions going on during the last 7 years, I think it is more likely that AM was involved in smuggling/selling opioids than being an addict.

IMO, AM appears to me to be too healthy for a 20-year habit. And the money doesn't add up for this just being a habit. o_O

In my experience, there can be fine, incremental degrees of addiction indexed to the ability and necessity of disguising it, and a wide variance of symptoms.

I'd focus more on the money than the health -- Alex was in a position to manage his healthcare far more than most, and people with opioid habits are overwhelmingly likely to have discoverable networks within which they can buy, sell, trade, etc.

Even at the highest possible street prices, and the highest daily pill counts possible, the $$$ doesn't make sense to me. And would AM have paid retail? As a Murdaugh and a lawyer he would have had plenty of leverage to get what he needed at a discount, and would certainly have involved others in his schemes, as the Palmetto State debacles show.

He would have known doctors, he definitely knew dealers -- far too much cash disappeared to have been blown on Oxy. My guess is that he is using "opioid addiction" as a mitigating factor in his criminal decision-making, rather than the reason for it. IMO.

Last edited:
I believe Cousin Eddie's $250K bond with conditions of house arrest was revoked last August and he's being kept safe and cozy in jail. MOO

Seems he's another one that believes the rules don't apply to him -- but he forgot his fixer was also in jail!

ETA: Confirming CES still in custody -- Lexington County Detention

CURTIS EDWARD SMITH​

Custody Record

Custody Status Date Aug 22, 2022 08:02 AM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Lexington County Detention Center
Book Date Aug 22, 2022 07:43 AM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online