SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Law Enforcement let AM's friend's onto the property, where the murders occurred, the day of the murders? Am I understanding that correctly? Why are so many people (who were not LE) allowed to converge at a crime scene.
Yes that was a slip there, not wanting to move them far away from the scene. For me I would have taped off the entire property, squirrel wouldn't be able to enter without proper identification.

So Law Enforcement let AM's friend's onto the property, where the murders occurred, the day of the murders? Am I understanding that correctly? Why are so many people (who were not LE) allowed to converge at a crime scene.

And…this is the entire reason the defense will appeal. They do have a valid point and it’s up to the state to overcome that.

And…this is the entire reason the defense will appeal. They do have a valid point and it’s up to the state to overcome that.
Or, possibly the LE at the scene was a bit corrupt and allowed it. I could see that working for the prosecution, LE allowing people into a crime scene area. Looking forward to hearing what LE has to say when they take the stand.

Court is back in session. Murdaugh defense attorney Phillip Barber is cross-examining FBI electronics engineer Dwight Falkofske.

Barber establishes that Falkofske’s data includes logs of which phones connected to Murdaugh’s Suburban’s onboard computer system, and when. He also establishes that “if a device has registered to the vehicle (before), it will automatically connect to the vehicle.”

Barber ends his questioning. But it seems like he’s noting the lack of a log indicating Maggie’s phone connected to the Suburban that night could indicate her phone was never in that SUV (and that someone else ditched her phone on the side of the road after her death).

Falkofske steps down. The state's 40th witness is Bamberg attorney Chris Wilson, who was one of Murdaugh's best friends before Murdaugh allegedly screwed him out of $192K during the coverup of one of Murdaugh's thefts from his law firm.

Wilson testifies about how Murdaugh approached him in March 2021 and asked him to bypass Murdaugh’s law firm and directly send him his $792K share of the legal fees from a Mack Trucks case they worked together. Wilson testifies Murdaugh was worried about his exposure in …

... the 2019 boat crash wrongful death lawsuit and wanted to shield his income from recovery. Murdaugh told Wilson he had gotten the arrangement cleared with his law firm. (He had not). Wilson: “I had known him for 30-plus years and didn’t have any reason not to trust him.”

Wilson agreed and paid Murdaugh the money directly, instead of sending it to Murdaugh’s firm as usual. Months later, when PMPED would demand Wilson pay them the fees, Murdaugh could come up with only $600K of it.

Wilson paid PMPED the full amount, essentially loaning Murdaugh $192K. Murdaugh promised to pay Wilson the rest later but never did, Wilson previously testified.

Waters is repeatedly having Wilson testify that Murdaugh was his best friend, or one of them.

Wilson on his perception of PMPED and Murdaugh: “Big firm. Big reputation. Alex had a big reputation. I thought he made a whole lot more money than I did.” “He was one of the biggest dogs in that firm, one of the biggest producers they had.” He spent a lot of money.

Shelley Smith's daughter started a campaign shortly after she testified in this case. It has already raised more than $6,100. I don't think I've ever seen this before for a witness in an ongoing trial.

So far, 136 people have donated, including an anonymous donor who gave $1,000.

The jury has been excused. Waters wants to question Wilson about the roadside shooting over 2021 Labor Day weekend, which the jury has not heard about before. Griffin is objecting. We're now doing a brief hearing on it with the jury excused

Judge Newman has sustained Griffin's objection, saying Wilson's testimony about the roadside shooting would be hearsay. That's a rare evidentiary ruling in favor of the defense in this trial. We're on a short break now.

AM looks rough today.
This is wearing on him, I actually had a moment of humanity and pity when I looked at him while Chris was testifying but then I checked myself. He is sitting in that seat because of his actions and if he will do that to his best friend then what is stopping him from doing worse to his loved ones? JMO

I doubt the defense can strongly argue that failing to keep AM from the crime scene compromised the case.
It is also unlikely that failing to keep his relatives and law partners away from the scene compromised the investigation: unless he wants to argue that one of them was the killer.

Nevertheless, the defense will try to discredit every bit of information entered by the prosecution.

It will be interesting to see what Harpootlain has up his sleeve. I suspect the wildness has not really begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996