SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm maybe missing what you're referring to as 'wide and pervasive' corruption?

It seems to me to have been more 'narrow and deep', ie AM with some help from his banker friend Russell Laffitte. I'm not aware of any other public officials who were corrupt? Trustful, perhaps, but aren't we all, until we realize we've been cheated?

It seems, as soon as people realized AM had been stealing, they were shocked and immediately called in police. No one took any bribes.

JMO

Do we actually KNOW that no one took ever took bribes?

This is not the place to point fingers but from SS to the housekeeper to the boat crash, there were so many small things that went the Murdaugh way. These are ONLY the things we have been looking at.

What else? Who else? Maybe no one and I’m just suspicious because the harm that we know of…is so egregious…it makes me wonder what we don’t know.
Randy is actually the brother who isn’t a lawyer, so it would be John Marvin who was a partner there at PMPED.

But, yes I agree. How the check did he not miss these funds due him?

Randy is the lawyer.

Right, they did not have the Snapchat video till the third interview. They definitely did ask him about the shirt then because that's the same day he went to Blanca to tell her what shirt she saw him wearing. That's also when Alex totally lawyered up and was answering no more questions.
I can’t wait to find out what else SLED said to AM in that final interview.

Whatever went down to let him see his goose was cooked, it also made Duffie Stone recuse his office that same day..

His office should have never been in on the investigation since AM was a badge carrying “ volunteer solicitor “ there.

7B718B16-6064-4D66-8473-0252878AF7D0.jpeg

Thanks I fixed it!
Brain officially fried.

Did/does the law firm advertise heavy on local media?
I live in a small town, much bigger than Hampton County, which only has a population of 18,000. My local paper can't afford to hire a real reporter (who reads newspapers anymore, now it's all on the internet?).

The paper prints all the local sports news, the accidents, fires and so forth, the work by volunteers and non-profits who want recognition, upcoming events, and the information about road work and so forth.

It's no New York Times. When there was bad blood between the Mayor, Council and Town staff, they reported on the facts, but avoided what might be termed innuendo, etc, because they didn't want to take sides and be accused of bias.

This case is a big one, but Hampton County, IMO, is a very small teapot.

JMO

At 34:45 in this podcast a reporter said that a SLED forensic accountant will testify about where Alex's money was going and that this seems to relate to Eddie Smith testifying. A bit earlier a reporter said that Eddie Smith is expected to testify on Monday.

I can't wait to hear what the forensic accountant has to say......

JMO

Do we actually KNOW that no one took ever took bribes?

This is not the place to point fingers but from SS to the housekeeper to the boat crash, there were so many small things that went the Murdaugh way. These are ONLY the things we have been looking at.

What else? Who else? Maybe no one and I’m just suspicious because the harm that we know of…is so egregious…it makes me wonder what we don’t know.

Randy is the lawyer.
Thanks! I edited my post.

I can’t wait to find out what else SLED said to AM in that final interview.

Whatever went down to let him see his goose was cooked, it also made Duffie Stone recuse his office that same day..

His office should have never been in on the investigation since AM was a badge carrying “ volunteer solicitor “ there.

View attachment 402250
I can’t wait to see what prompted this decision.

And my question is.....did Randy ask where his check for $121K was?

IMO These guys know how much money they're supposed to be getting and it seems a little strange that he either didn't say anything or if he did say something and another check was issued to him, why the "mistake" wasn't picked up by accounting. Did this law firm audit itself?
Sounds like he was 'caught' after the 2nd check went astray, but AM just said it was a mistake and he wasn't punished.

I'm maybe missing what you're referring to as 'wide and pervasive' corruption?

It seems to me to have been more 'narrow and deep', ie AM with some help from his banker friend Russell Laffitte. I'm not aware of any other public officials who were corrupt? Trustful, perhaps, but aren't we all, until we realize we've been cheated?

It seems, as soon as people realized AM had been stealing, they were shocked and immediately called in police. No one took any bribes.

JMO

I’ve had this theory floating in around in my head for awhile but can’t figure out why/how Alec was shot instead.
I'm not convinced he was really shot. If CES had a gun and shot at him from a distance, what are the chances that AM was so quick to move that the bullet just grazed him. If AM had a gun to shoot CES, when CES came close to the car to see what's going on and AM gets out with a pistol, they wrestle with the gun in the air and it's next to AMs head behind his ear kind of and the gun goes off, if the barrel is flat against his head, the bullet will graze him because it's not pointing at him. Having a gun go off next to your ear will make you deaf. Listening to the 911 calls he doesn't seem to be deaf. He answers the operator's questions. Before I believe he was shot and not hit with, scraped by or gouged with something I need to hear the emergency room doctors, first responders and the medical staff at the hospital he was airlifted to confirm a gsw.
jmo

I think it proves that he was not planning to die that day, which had been a mystery for me of what his intentions really were for the roadside plot.
I wonder if Moselle was supposed to look like a hit on all three of them but AM didn't have the guts to graze his own leg.

I wonder if the roadside event wasn't another such attempt. AM, planning to be the sole survivor. With a story to s̶e̶l̶l̶ tell. Black Panther snipers or somesuch.

AM has the worst luck right after financial call-outs.

jmo

Last edited:
yes I agree. How the check did he not miss these funds due him?
JMO
Maybe Randy did miss the funds and was paid but the double payment wasn't caught? Given that the firm apparently did not question all those checks to Forge (when apparently no checks should have even been written to the real Forge Consulting), I do wonder how closely they monitored the books. JMO.

In its Opening Statement the defense admitted that it was Alex in that recording at the kennels. At 17:50 here. At another point in the opening DH seemed to argue that Alex may not have disclosed everything to LE because he was traumatized, unnerved by the questioning, and thought that LE had already made up their minds that he did it the night of murders. JMO.

As of now the defense has been avoiding that like the nuclear testing grounds.
Defense has some leeway with time of death, but not too much, considering there is not much activity on PM and MM phones after 8:50. No phone data that I've seen disproves AM's alibi. Disproving an alibi with hard data is proof. A lie isn't proof of murder.

Wasn't it during Tinsley's time in the box, that there was a flurry of objections from defense which the Judge sustained? I recall the Judge saying, in effect, "yes, you can bring in the roadside event, it's just this isn't the witness to bring it in"? Or am I misremembering? Was that what set feathers flying with Bianca's testimony? Jury must've been sent out. It was like Pong there for a bit.

Anyway my impression is that the Judge is going to allow it, he's just going to be choosy about which witness draws the straw. Reference to Capri Suns and impossible straws wholly unintended.

Prolly what happened to his work shirt. Overzealous Capri squeeze.

Jmo

It was Parker, the store that sold the alcohol to PM. They hired a PI follow PM.
I have wondered about the lack of security cameras before and was told there were only trail cams around and going to the stands.
moo
What were they looking for? More underage purchases? Or more nefarious like paying off witnesses? Was this ever explained? Do we know to what extent the investigators got in their undercover investigation?
I wonder if everything related to Paul/boat accident became sealed/nonpublic due to his death.

When referring to the attorneys, officials or other trial members, please use their names or initials. Let’s not assign them nicknames. Thanks a ton!!

This thread will close in about 10 minutes. I’ll provide a link to the new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho