SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

When referring to the attorneys, officials or other trial members, please use their names or initials. Let’s not assign them nicknames. Thanks a ton!!

Last edited:
Defense has some leeway with time of death, but not too much, considering there is not much activity on PM and MM phones after 8:50. No phone data that I've seen disproves AM's alibi. Disproving an alibi with hard data is proof. A lie isn't proof of murder.

I don't know how much of this trial you followed but I don't know you could have missed the very famous Snapchat video which directly contradicts his alibi. Also don't see how anybody can say there is anything to doubt about his guilt considering he is proven to have been at the murder location less than 5 minutes before it happened.

I think because Paul used additional apps that gave corresponding data, more pinpointed. But I know nuthin' about nuthin'. My cat is smarter than I am.
I still don't have a cat.
Jmo
If you had a cat, it would run away, as too tired typing all your posts on Websleuths.
Just following this trial, would be too exhausting, and no time to be, just a cat.

I don't know how much of this trial you followed but I don't know you could have missed the very famous Snapchat video which directly contradicts his alibi. Also don't see how anybody can say there is anything to doubt about his guilt considering he is proven to have been at the murder location less than 5 minutes before it happened.
The lie about not being there at the kennels at 8:44, when he obviously was, does not contradict the alibi. Nothing proves that he was there at the time of the murder, which could have been later than 8:50. An exact time of death has never been established. Yes, it looks bad for him, but it only takes one juror.

While LE was either negligent or corrupt in not securing the entire Moselle property, there's just as much of question of why Alex did not himself insist that they search his house. I mean if he didn't do it and he really wanted to find the killers, he would have had no idea how the murders came about and if there were any useful evidence inside the house. He should have been begging LE to go look there.

IMO, there was nothing about AM's behavior on June 7 that was in the character of any prudent individual to arrive home to find his family the alleged victims of a "targeted hit."

While AM wasted no time telling the 911 operator that the brutal assault had to be connected to PM's boat crash, AM still thought it a good idea to stand guard alone over the dead as door-nail bodies of MM/PM, located at 1700 acres of rural darkness, with just himself and a shotgun.

Really? Why not take cover in a secure location such as inside the house with a landline or better mobile coverage until the police arrived?

And if AM truly believed this a retaliatory hit on his family, in all the info ever released, I never once heard AM express concern for the safety and welfare of Buster or any other Murdaughs!

Instead, AM told investigators how he ended the 911 call to phone the little boy nearby (Gibson), and his brothers Randy and John Marvin-- not to warn them to take precautions but to come to Moselle to rally his aide.

AM was immediately choreographing what he wanted the scene to become: the Moselle killing grounds, crawling with powerful family and friends (lawyers).

IMO, if not for being instructed (by legal minds) to leave Moselle and cease living there immediately (i.e., bad optics), I doubt he would have ever budged.

Instead, AM went to stay with his in-laws whom he told investigators, only hours earlier, were good folks, but spending time at their residence was the source of the only arguments he had with his late wife!

AM's been screaming GUILTY from the moment we heard him talk chicken out of video-recorded view. MOO

The lie about not being there at the kennels at 8:44, when he obviously was, does not contradict the alibi. Nothing proves that he was there at the time of the murder, which could have been later than 8:50. An exact time of death has never been established. Yes, it looks bad for him, but it only takes one juror.
I think the victims' cell phone usage is compelling evidence about time of death around 8:50.

JMO

Sometimes the best evidence is not what they find, but what they don't find. For example, AM always had his phone with him, except at the kennels at 8:44. Where was it from 8-9? Not moving until he started calling his dead wife (assuming he did it) just after 9 p.m. AM is smart enough to know phones can track your location. The other missing evidence is the green shirt. If he didn't kill her, why is it missing? BT-S never saw it again, and she apparently kept very close track of all his clothes. She never saw those shoes again either. Pots and pans could have been put in the fridge by friends so food wouldn't spoil, AM could have logically been in a rush to take a shower before heading to his mom's after seeing MM and PM at the kennels. MM's clothes on the floor are curious, but confusing. That evidence can all be explained away, but missing evidence cannot so easily, IMO.

I think the victims' cell phone usage is compelling evidence about time of death around 8:50.

JMO
MM's phone was still moving at 8:55. The defense will try to convince the jury that she was still walking with her phone at that time, while AM was at the house showering, getting ready to go to his mom's, and pacing around hundreds of steps waiting for MM to answer his calls before he drove off at 9:06. More convincing is the lack of PM's phone usage after just sending the video to Rogan. He never followed up. That to me is more convincing, but again, may leave enough room for reasonable doubt in some jurors' minds. Hope we get more clarification from the medical examiner.

JMO
The testimony of Mama's caregiver is Powerful, as to Timing, and his trying to Manipulate true times by trying to have her repeat to him, his own created timeline. He did the exact same thing with Blanca, trying to convince her about what clothing he was wearing when he left the house, and she saw him. Blanca was in the Military and trained to be observant, on guard...He could not play her. YAY!

MM's phone was still moving at 8:55. The defense will try to convince the jury that she was still walking with her phone at that time. More convincing is the lack of PM's phone usage after just sending the video to Rogan. He never followed up. That to me is more convincing, but again, may leave enough room for reasonable doubt in some jurors' minds. Hope we get more clarification from the medical examiner.
The prosecution's theory is that AM took MM's phone after the murders, which would account for the recorded steps on MM's phone around 8:55.

Last edited:

Exactly.

The defense will say (and trust me, I am 100% Team Alex did it) that just because Maggie and Paul's phones "went dark" before 9 and Maggie's phone didn't register any footsteps after 9, it doesn't mean that they were shot and dead before Alex left. The defense will say that it is just as likely, nay more likely, that Maggie and Paul were just sitting down there having a nice long mother-son chat and ignoring their phones. While I remember in the opening that the defense said that at the same moment Alex's car was firing up (9:06) that Maggie's phone was at the spot it was finally found, I don't recall any evidence being shown since the opening that provides location info and a time claiming the phone was there at 9:06--which actually can help the defense because they could say that means the phone wasn't tossed until after Alex left.

MM's phone was still moving at 8:55. The defense will try to convince the jury that she was still walking with her phone at that time, while AM was at the house showering, getting ready to go to his mom's, and pacing around hundreds of steps waiting for MM to answer his calls before he drove off at 9:06. More convincing is the lack of PM's phone usage after just sending the video to Rogan. He never followed up. That to me is more convincing, but again, may leave enough room for reasonable doubt in some jurors' minds. Hope we get more clarification from the medical examiner.
Yes! I am rather surprised the Medical Examiner has not testified thus far. OTOH, my own Mother was murdered, and her cause of death was obvious from the beginning(Murder), but the Prosecutor had the Coroner testify about specifics, with pix/details along the way(I asked to leave the courtroom before, as my imagination was hard enough).
I feel so very sad for Maggie's family, as they have two tragedies to deal with at the same time. I wish them Peace.

The prosecution's theory is that AM took MM's after the murders, which would account for the recorded steps on MM's phone around 8:55.
One very Odd thing AM said to SLED was that he tried to turn Paul over, picked up his Cell Phone and tried...THAT IS FREAKY WEIRD! Unless he was worried about what Paul's phone might have recorded! HE LIED TO EVERYONE!

Any doubt that I have comes from them not offering anything to show him putting a double murder plan together and nothing physical like the high velocity blood that was supposedly found.

Exactly.

The defense will say (and trust me, I am 100% Team Alex did it) that just because Maggie and Paul's phones "went dark" before 9 and Maggie's phone didn't register any footsteps after 9, it doesn't mean that they were shot and dead before Alex left. The defense will say that it is just as likely, nay more likely, that Maggie and Paul were just sitting down there having a nice long mother-son chat and ignoring their phones. While I remember in the opening that the defense said that at the same moment Alex's car was firing up (9:06) that Maggie's phone was at the spot it was finally found, I don't recall any evidence being shown since the opening that provides location info and a time claiming the phone was there at 9:06--which actually can help the defense because they could say that means the phone wasn't tossed until after Alex left.
The evidence is not clear at all about when Maggie's phone landed in its final location. The defense is arguing that the last recorded movement of Maggie's phone -- an orientation (portrait/landscape) change at 9:06ish -- was when the phone was thrown/dumped. However, The state's witness (Dove) testified if a phone is locked, it is unlikely to record an orientation change. Dove also said if a phone is thrown a short distance there could be no orientation change and that he could not say whether the action of throwing a phone would record an orientation change unless the phone tumbled end over end in the process. From Dove's testimony it appears that Maggie's phone could have been thrown after 9:06.

Mark Tinsley, Esquire. The attorney bringing the wrongful death suit.

It's my understanding that the trail cams have always been at Moselle and were not put up by the PI.

AM is looking at many many years in prison if convicted of all or a good majority of the financial crimes. If he's convicted on the murder charges, it's life but he will have many years of appeals and the conviction could possibly be overturned. If he skates on the murders, he'll at least have a chance at bail so he may pull some razzledazzle and be breathing fresh air while the years and years of financial trials wend their way through the justice system.

jmo
IDK, I was going to post that the fraud charges would probably not result in a lengthy sentence because he primarily cheated his own firm. And although he deprived the Satterfield's of their rightful settlement, he didn't directly steal money from their pockets, I think he used them as pawns.

In comparison, Madoff got life in prison for stealing directly from almost 30,000 people.

JMO

Most on this Website are Watching the Trial as we Post, and we also are trying to gather Facts as well, from Many reliable sources, to put it all together. There are so many facets to AM and his crimes, as well as his children's crimes(Falsifying DL to gain access to Alcohol, Plagarism, Driving Boat while Drunk and young woman Killed...) I know nothing about Snapchat, but Cellphone Testimony from ALL Phones collected prove the Best timeline. MOO

The evidence is not clear at all about when Maggie's phone landed in its final location. The defense is arguing that the last recorded movement of Maggie's phone -- an orientation (portrait/landscape) change at 9:06ish -- was when the phone was thrown/dumped. However, The state's witness (Dove) testified if a phone is locked, it is unlikely to record an orientation change. Dove also said if a phone is thrown a short distance there could be no orientation change and that he could not say whether the action of throwing a phone would record an orientation change unless the phone tumbled end over end in the process. From Dove's testimony it appears that Maggie's phone could have been thrown after 9:06.
Exactly! Expert Testimony and not hearsay from Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties