SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to the pathologist, I'm as convinced as ever that Maggie was running. Not away from the shooter but toward her shot son.

IMO Maggie may have been returning to her vehicle (where was it? Did Alec move it?) She'd be expecting Bubba to follow...

Meanwhile in a very deliberate series of swift actions, I think Alec collared Bubba, kenneled him. Picked up the rifle and shot Paul.

Maggie IMO turned toward the sound, probably unable to process what she was seeing, likely thought it was an accidental discharge and was preparing to stand to Paul's initial injury which means she would have seen the devastating kill shot.

I don't know where the second weapon was or why Alec grabbed it.... perhaps he figured he needed the scope. I think this part must have occurred in seconds before Maggie coukd process that Alec purposefully fired into her injured son. Alec picks up the second weapon....

I think we could pinpoint Maggie's position just prior to Paul's first hit, draw her movement toward the kennel room and have her still facing Alec as she then tries to escape. I place her trajectory essentially on a diagonal.

I'm reeling after the autopsy details.

All that's left is to weep.

JMO
I think that shotgun was Alex's. maybe they had them out when riding around the property earlier? I'd imagine it would be typical to carry a gun around on the property while looking at the fields or whatever it was Alex wanted them doing that day. Paul's gun is the one that killed Maggie. Wasn't it said it was the one that Alex bought Paul.. he had one go missing and then Alex replaced it, but it's never been found. The one originally lost or the new one, both gone. Maybe Alex used his own shotgun on Paul and then wherever Paul had his own rifle located (maybe somewhere near him) is where Alex picked it up and used it to shoot Maggie as she was coming to see what the other shots were about. :(

Took close note of those shot placements an angle of where the bullets hit MM. Again it's like a hunter who has taken shot's at moving pray, non-lethal but as the pray goes down the last several shots focus on the head, deadly.
The Most Dangerous Game kept invading my brain while listening to pathologist talk about MM's wounds. It's horrifiying

Exactly! Then he said he needed a lot of time.. for what? Facts are facts.. how they died is not up to debate.. I mean what could he possibly ask that could help his client not be guilty of this crime?
Defense will take the opportunity to try and create doubt that ONE shooter with TWO weapons could have done all this.

That’s about all they can do at this point- try to sow doubt with the Jury.

Dr. Riemer will surely hold her ground. Good news is that she has been qualified by the Court as an Expert Witness and unlike a Lay Witness, she can state her opinions.

JMO

Last edited:
This morning it was 72% guilty.
I think the changing votes went to Hung Jury as opposed to Not Guilty.

JMO
I've seen many comments of people not convinced or thinking the jury is going to be confused or not have enough evidence and I see it quite the opposite. Same thing happened in George Wagner's trial. The jury didn't even take a day and guilty on all including all specifications. I think sometimes those that follow cases complicate it more than it actually is. A jury doesn't have to agree on how it happened or lots of specific things that we all discuss when talking about a case. They just need to be convinced it was the person on trial. I don't even think they need to agree on why it happened, but just that it did and who did it. Jurors see the body language and the actions and reactions to everything. That says a lot and while that can't be used to determine guilt, it sure can be used to read if something isn't sounding right and then ole Alex is sitting there acting fake with this tears and snot.. or shaking his head and rocking back and forth.. not looking at some witnesses and then staring other witnesses down. Those things do allow jurors maybe trust their thinking when it comes to evidence presented. I remember when George Wagner took the stand, it was clear as day that he was lying. If the jury wasn't convinced before he took the stand, I think that just sealed his fate.

After listening to the pathologist, I'm as convinced as ever that Maggie was running. Not away from the shooter but toward her shot son.

IMO Maggie may have been returning to her vehicle (where was it? Did Alec move it?) She'd be expecting Bubba to follow...

Meanwhile in a very deliberate series of swift actions, I think Alec collared Bubba, kenneled him. Picked up the rifle and shot Paul.

Maggie IMO turned toward the sound, probably unable to process what she was seeing, likely thought it was an accidental discharge and was preparing to tend to Paul's initial injury which means she would have seen the devastating kill shot.

I don't know where the second weapon was or why Alec grabbed it.... perhaps he figured he needed the scope. I think this part must have occurred in seconds before Maggie could process that Alec purposefully fired into her injured son. Alec picks up the second weapon....

I think we could pinpoint Maggie's position just prior to Paul's first hit, draw her movement toward the kennel room and have her still facing Alec as she then tries to escape. I place her trajectory essentially on a diagonal.

I'm reeling after the autopsy details.

All that's left is to weep.

JMO
I think he used separate weapons to lead investigators to think there were two shooters. MO

I am not a hunter and know little about guns and shooting targets. But why did it take so many shots for the victims to be killed? Was that overkill or does it just take so many blasts? This sounds so awful.
Particularly with Maggie. It seems like her shooter wanted her to feel terror and to suffer before losing consciousness.

It’s like the killer wanted them both to see their destruction coming, but wanted Maggie to register it incrementally. Paul was obliterated, but Maggie was directly confronted, chased down and shot repeatedly, and then executed.

Has any evidence come out who was shot first, Maggie or Paul?
It sounds like it has to be PM shot first. If PM had this done to her where she was found PM would most certainly have not stayed put and been shot from behind. His mother was taken down like an animal. He would have ran towards or away from her and her killer and not wound up by the threshold of the feed room. AJMO

Last edited:
Exactly! Then he said he needed a lot of time.. for what? Facts are facts.. how they died is not up to debate.. I mean what could he possibly ask that could help his client not be guilty of this crime?
Time of death. I was very surprised that Waters didn’t ask about time of death.

I suspect DH has several things up his sleeve, one of them being getting her to estimate tod between 9-9:30 so he can claim impossibility that AM could have started his car nav system at 9:03 and the engine at 9:06 while being the murderer.

I believe being in the room is more powerful than watching on a screen.

I believe the fine citizens of the Jury will take their duties seriously as they indicated as they would when they were sworn in by oath [or affirmation].

I believe that a double murder trial is of great weight to the citizens doing their civic duty as members of the Jury no matter how boring others find it.

I highly doubt the Super Bowl, that didn’t run that late, is forefront of their minds while the details of a double murder and malfeasance case is being presented.

I wonder why so many think the Jury isn’t sufficient? Is it because it’s the South?

All imo
When I mentioned that some of the jury may have Super Bowl flu, it was in jest because there are a lot of people with hangovers today. In no way did I indicate this jury is not capable of doing due diligence. I'm positive they are not thinking about the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn