SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he doesn't end up murdered prior to trial?

Interesting.
Frankly, I believe that Eddie is lucky to be alive today. In my opinion, AM Had planned to lure him to the scene of the roadway “suicide”. He then would accidentally miss and turn the gun on Eddie and claim self-defense. He then would claim that Eddie was the likely shooter at the kennels. Luring victims seems to be some thing that he has practiced.

So if a shooter would shoot a shotgun from the shoulder, is that more likely to leave a bruise? If he was trying to avoid that he'd shoot from the hip? I've never shot a shotgun so I have no first hand experience on this. Does a shotgun cause a lot of kickback? Is it possible that trying to avoid getting bruised he held the gun in a less secure way like at the hip and then he dropped it unintentionally after the first shot and then had to bend down to get it and shoot from a lower angle then when he realizes Paul is slowly walking toward him?

No. I've shot a shotgun many times in my youth. Even shot over 100 rounds in one day. I was a little sore that night but not bruised. Rifles have more of a kick, but even then, it's not going to leave a bruise if your holding it right.

So if a shooter would shoot a shotgun from the shoulder, is that more likely to leave a bruise? If he was trying to avoid that he'd shoot from the hip? I've never shot a shotgun so I have no first hand experience on this. Does a shotgun cause a lot of kickback? Is it possible that trying to avoid getting bruised he held the gun in a less secure way like at the hip and then he dropped it unintentionally after the first shot and then had to bend down to get it and shoot from a lower angle then when he realizes Paul is slowly walking toward him?
Shot many a shotgun with no bruising, firm against the shoulder leaving no gap. Usually the bruising is from someone who shoulders it leaving a gap which allows the weapon to recoil against the shoulder. Shoulder does get sore though if shooting them for a day. been there done that.

Although there are a lot of bizarre things going on in this, MM's phone being taken and thrown is so weird to me....

IMO, there was significant rage in connection with her phone... Why would a murder-for-hire/stranger be focused on her locked phone? What could they possibly glean from that? And then, why would it be discarded right down the road? Why wouldn't they have kept it, if they felt the need to take it?

IMO, there is only one person who would have been interested in MM's phone for any reason, and that is AM.

JMO. moo
Wasn't MM's phone unlocked/swiped open a couple times...after the prosecution said TOD was? It was definitely handling after TOD, going from portrait to landscape and back. IIRC from the tech's testimony.

Who knows? Perhaps if after the first shot, and seeing its apparent unsuccessful nature, assailant might have bent down to appear less threatening,…. and to catch an element of surprise from low. And also possible from disbelief? Maybe would have been nice to see an electronic or simulated version of the believed sequence? JMO

Frankly, I believe that Eddie is lucky to be alive today. In my opinion, AM Had planned to lure him to the scene of the roadway “suicide”. He then would accidentally miss and turn the gun on Eddie and claim self-defense. He then would claim that Eddie was the likely shooter at the kennels. Luring victims seems to be some thing that he has practiced.
AM's path has been dead men tell no tales, Eddie dodged one bullet during their roadside clown act lol.

MM, PM, AM phone evidence:

Thank you for sharing this!

"He was handed Maggie Murdaugh's phone to review. Looking at Maggie's home screen, he said she had app notifications on. Looking at her location services, he could see location was set to "always on" for Alexa and "only while using" for the App Store, Apple Watch, and others."

So, she apparently had an Apple Watch. Interesting the placement of the gunshot to her left wrist.... I believe what Dr. Reimer described, but I wonder how often she wore that Apple Watch?

JMO. moo

I know we don't have to know exact motive or what the specific tipping point is in order to know Alex did this, but I keep thinking about the order of events. Why this day, what was different. He was confronted about stealing. He finds out his dad is dying. Those are two big things to happen in close time frame. What does he do? He asks the CFO for information about his 401K and says he's doing something for the boat case hearing coming up later that week.

I looked up 401K and if they are touchable by a civil suit and the answer is no. The only way a 401K is in play is by divorce, it is considered marital assets and also the IRS can access it. So why would he be wanting the 401K info for the civil case if that isn't something that could be touched? Why did he want that information, that day, right before he leaves work to go home and murder his family? Was he searching for another way out? Was this something that tipped him toward feeling he had no other choice, was it something he was looking at to see if he could possibly have enough in there to pay off these debts he had from stealing?

I see this man who I do think loved his family. I think some of the tears we see are because he did this awful thing.. he made a mess of his life and if things didn't come to a head like they did, I don't believe he would have killed them. I don't think he wanted them dead, I think he wanted out of this mess he was in and that is what he finally felt was the only way out. I am not sure why he didn't just end his own life if he couldn't deal with the fallout of all his problems. Instead he thought he could distract from these problems and create some other narrative to attempt to get himself out of this mess. It's just sad and maybe there is just never going to be a reason that makes any sense. I just think something was the final straw that tipped him over to deciding this is it, the only way I see out.

Not a charge. He's in jail and has been moved to a place for safe keeping. Probably to a protected custody unit at the jail.
Then why even fill out an inmate form with a charges column? Did Eddie not go willingly so they had to make it offical on the record he was taken into custody? Just seems weird to me

Talking head on Law & Crime stated she talked to Cousin Eddie's atty, who is at the jail with him, and his atty stated she is fearing for Eddie's safety.
Well it happens when you hang around AM, Momma always said those people will get you into trouble, took that to heart myself.

We know that MM was wearing a dress when she was murdered.

From personal experience, I think it possible that the tire mark on the back of MM's leg could have been by MM prior to the shooting and unrelated. She had plenty of opportunity to brush the tire when getting in/out of buggy or when walking around the Kennels.

I can relate to seeing a mark/smudge on my bare leg and wondering -- when did that happen? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot