SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready for another day of testimony … I wonder what surprises we are in for today! I’m still mulling the motive for these horrific murders - it’s a very complex case, but I do believe AM is the killer and had several reasons why he needed to eliminate PM and MM. I only hope the jury sees through all the distractions and comes up with a clear guilty verdict. Of course, we haven’t yet heard the defense side so perhaps they’re able to create doubt in the jurors‘ minds. Time will soon tell …

Maybe I'm alone but I think it makes sense in several ways
It does make sense but again didn't have the grapes to follow through and think that Cuz Eddie may have been a backup plan/ sacrifice.

First post so apologies if my post is wonky. Just sharing something to keep in mind as we hear from the defense about the roadside shooting. This is the jailhouse call (so no real audience to play to) AM is talking to his sister in law (JMM’s wife I believe). Does this sound like someone that thought they were going to die that day? And the injuries don’t seem as bad as his lawyers made out, straight from AM. But what I really want to call attention to is his use of language stating in various ways the he didn’t get his “brain blown out”. I can POSSIBLY write off saying it once if it was a phrase used often. But this was exactly the way his son was just killed, which even if he was innocent (lol) he saw up close and personal. And he triples down on using that language. No catch in throat, hesitation, or emotion change of any kind. Meantime I can’t even use my brain emoji in texts anymore.
Start at 32 minutes
Welcome to Websleuths. Great first post. What struck me is AM just keeps droning on and on, while to me his sister in law seems totally unimpressed and not buying it. Yet he just keeps droning on, ignoring her apparent uncomfortableness. JMO.

Welcome to Websleuths. Great first post. What struck me is AM just keeps droning on and on, while to me his sister in law seems totally unimpressed and not buying it. Yet he just keeps droning on, ignoring her apparent uncomfortableness. JMO.
Folks will incriminate themselves at times if you let them jabber on.

A number of people confirmed Alzheimers, including her Caretaker. OTOH, some people do not realize there are different types of Dementia and Alzheimers, but only that term has been used from what I heard.
I believe Alzheimer's is considered a type of senile dementia/primary degenerative dementia. Other types include vascular dementia, dementia with Lewy bodies, Pick's Disease and so on.

Senile Dementia - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

Lots of cases of dementia don't have a single cause. For example, Alzheimer's and vascular dementia frequently co-exist. Once it's been determined the dementia is not reversible (such as a drug-induced dementia or dementia due to heavy metals poisoning would be) in real life it's often assumed Alzheimer's is involved. I'm pretty sure too Alzheimer's is not the only dementia with a genetic cause (Huntington's for example.)

It's certainly been reported AM's mother has Alzheimer's but IMO it probably wouldn't matter if she had, say, vascular dementia in terms of her functioning and the effects her condition has on her family and her caregivers.
JMO

Yesterday the state played audio of Det Ryan Kelly interviewing AM over the phone while in treatment facility, Det Kelly point blank asked him " Is there any danger of anyone coming after Buster"? AM said "No", Buster is not in danger. Noone had been caught in MM & PM murders, how could he state that so emphatically? IMO..beause he KNEW there were no other killers out there! Of course BM is in no danger, he's gotta carry on the family legacy. And the happenstance of a phone thrown by the road, and a knife also thrown by the road. And both cases involve the same man?? Come on.. it's too much for me.

I have to sit back and have a chuckle that JG has 'opened the door' on letting the roadside shooting come in and also the financials towards character. You know he's mad at himself, and I love that the Judge calls them out and explains exactly why and how. I picture Alex driving the clown car, with DH and JG hunkering down in the back.

But, I'm not stupid enough to think that DH has the best Defense money can buy coming up. They will definitely put up a very rigorous defense for Alex (like he's entitled to) and I hope the State is ready. When I saw they had an animation witness, I think they are going to try and prove a 2 shooter theory. Juries like the animated reenactments.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member