SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 minutes heads up. I haven’t read the threads yet today but want to mention in case it hasn’t been already at 7cst ‘Murdaugh’ will be on CNN. I saw one clip and doesn’t look like some of the earlier Dateline or 20/20 episodes that have previously aired.

I am enjoying the conversation between you and @Warwick7.

Sometimes I think the defense looks at it from both perspectives "Maybe this will work to get him off."

But also, yucking it up a bit at the fact that they are setting up so many appeals. Do the Murdaughs have influence at the level of appellate courts? Probably. I have no idea.

At any rate, sometimes people get out on bond while an appeal is underway. Someone posted here that they don't think that AM could be held without bond on the financial crimes (!)

Also, it would be hard to convince me that AM isn't calling a lot of the shots (as weird as they are) in any case.

IMO.

Maybe Alec agreed with his defense attorneys on this very strategy. Or, at least, calling out that older, near-retirement guy on appeal. It would not be the first time in history.
I appreciate your insights/conversations too. This is definitely one of the most strange cases I have followed. The mechanics of the trial and attorneys are fascinating. I would not be surprised at how far of a reach/influence this family has cultivated throughout the decades.

5 minutes heads up. I haven’t read the threads yet today but want to mention in case it hasn’t been already at 7cst ‘Murdaugh’ will be on CNN. I saw one clip and doesn’t look like some of the earlier Dateline or 20/20 episodes that have previously aired.
Thanks!
Bumping this…

Alex's paralegal ( her name escapes me at the moment). Testified he was a ball of fury when he hit the office. I took that to mean he had a lot of energy, flitting from one thing to the next. If he was addicted to methamphetamine, I would understand. But don't opiods make you slow and fuzzy?
I’ve been puzzled by that aspect also.
Annette mentioned Tasmanian devil like behavior, sounded more like uppers or long lines of coke snorting before his office visits
Opioids and benzodiazepines even with high tolerance don’t seem to mesh with his reported behavior

Already I'm stunned seeing the camera clips of the boat night and a witness friend of his now interviewing differently than at court. CNN

Why does everyone in court act afraid of him? He insults & talks over the SLED witness, talks back to the judge, jokes to the jury like it’s a party at his house.
I could not get past how he dodged the onstar diagrams & speed charts(on cross) by changing the subject to AM’s medical records!
He’s that uncle you reluctantly invite to the family dinner ..because if his mouth is moving he’s insulting someone. JMO

I've corresponded with some lovely local reporters who I believe are true representatives of the people of SC-- Colleton County esp. That said, I think DH would be a complete and utter failure anywhere outside of his district. He's a courtroom bully because it's been allowed of him without consequence. In essence, he's been rewarded (i.e., hired and re-elected) for his behavior, and/or the old dog keeps getting treats for being a dick. JMO

CNN murdaugh special, direct link?

Referring to the CNN documentary airing right now: Interesting that one of the Cook boy’s mom said specifically, “Maggie raised her boys to believe that they could do whatever they want because of who they are“ (or what their name is— can’t remember which.) But the point is that according to the community, Mama had a part in their entitled obnoxiousness too- not just the Murdaugh lineage

ABSOLUTELY see why if it was, a slam dunk on 100 percent guilty of PM regarding the boat crash. Plenty of phone vids from the kids on the boat and outside cameras. Caught it all. Horrific behavior.

They were distraught and Paul is walking around in his underwear laughing and looking for a phone to get to his grandfather quickly. It’s tragic and had he let Anthony drive the outcome would have been likely different.

I just re-listened to MP’s testimony. She testified that the Lityle Detective was on the lookout for AM’s pills.

Just a month before PM confronts his Father about finding the pills. I wonder if he found some that night and took them from AM. After all he’d bern through that day, I imagine AM needed his fix. Did PM take them and pocket them?

Was AM looking for PM’s phone when he shot his son and rolled him over…or looking for his pills?
Had similar thoughts!

This is really good. Thank you for the reminder!

I’ve seen all of the previous ones and this one is more detailed with footage that I hadn’t seen before. Two people so far in disguise, a colleague and an employee.

What a hold on the community they had. They controlled everything. Bullying their way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7