SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also missing from AM’s phone log were the calls he made to Maggie that evening, they are on her phone log but were manually deleted from his. So strange did he have some type of program to delete certain phone calls, was he trying to delete other incriminating phone calls and deleted all the others by mistake? I can not come up for any reason for deleting the calls from his phone since it seems the calls were part of his alibi.
Maggie and Paul's phone record recovered separately, as to dates/times/minutes used. Only deleted from the phone user, but Accessible to the telephone/computer Provider.
I have never had an I/Smart phone, have never texted and probably never will. I have a Flip phone, with no Bling, as I only want to use it to Talk-Remember how to just Talk, listen to the Feeling of the person you speak to? Those were the days, my friend. Stay safe and Breath.

Exactly. The thing that I'm curious about is if Alex does take the stand, surely he will be asked to explain how his voice is heard at the kennels mere minutes before the shooting.
For the life of me I can't think of how he will explain his way out of that one on the stand. It's obvious he was there. Let's see. Did he use his super powers? Hidden airplane? Teleported himself?
He may say he was talking in his sleep very very loudly. He was dreaming he was in the dove field calling Bubba. There was an intercom at the house and the kennel that was overlooked by SLED and isn't there now. Um, cough, um, you know, it has disappeared. The intercom must have been on and picked up his sleep words. jmo, jag

He may say he was talking in his sleep very very loudly. He was dreaming he was in the dove field calling Bubba. There was an intercom at the house and the kennel that was overlooked by SLED and isn't there now. Um, cough, um, you know, it has disappeared. The intercom must have been on and picked up his sleep words. jmo, jag

I’d love to know what people with real law experience think about both these scenarios that you and @LaborDayRN suggest but just an opinion from this sofa is that the defense would be crazy to try and use those reasons unless they were spot on sure of a few jurors being in their pocket.

The defense did sound like they're trying to say that Paul shot himself during the ballistics testimony. So I really wonder whether they might say it was a murder-suicide and that Alex came on the scene and got rid of the guns to protect Paul's name, just like it was so important for him to clear Paul's name in the boat case.

The ballistics make that near impossible though. It also wouldn't explain why he left his phone in the house before going to the kennels and why he made all the clothes changes and tried to tamper with witnesses.

I’d love to know what people with real law experience think about both these scenarios that you and @LaborDayRN suggest but just an opinion from this sofa is that the defense would be crazy to try and use those reasons unless they were spot on sure of a few jurors being in their pocket.
Jurors in the pocket is what I worry about. I would hope that whoever listened to Testimony would think independently, as they are instructed, and conclude the verdict based on FACT, much which is circumstantial, but plenty Proven/Scientific/Witness as well. IMPOV GUILTY! The Financial Crimes point to his lack of Ethics/Morals, And to Character, but nothing to do with the Murders Specifically. I MPOV there is MUCH to PROVE GUILT! I hope that if the Jury agrees, he will serve his sentence in the General Population, where he will have no privilege at all. He is Scum! MOO and many others...

Remember AM and RM3 showing up quickly at the boat scene and then going in and out of hospital rooms to try to shore up the narrative to PM’s (and thus their own) benefit?

I think AM considered Rogan a loose thread and hoped to (1) find out what he knew about PM’s activities that day, particularly involving PM’s time at Moselle and the circumstances that brought PM there that night, (2) influence (and pressure) Rogan to remember that narrative to fit AM’s version of events, and (3) modify his own narrative as necessary to fit what he expected Rogan would tell LE.

In one of the documentaries I viewed, we learned that after the boat crash, PM did not first contact AM. PM is seen walking around the crash scene-- badgering AC (Mallory's bf)--asking responders to use their phones and then calls RM3.

In a police-recorded interview (at the pd), one of the boat passengers gives this account about PM. When investigators ask why PM was calling GM3, she states he talks to him every single day!

IMO, AM saw Rogan's incoming texts previewed on the home screens of both MM and PM's phones and knowing he lived very nearby Moselle, was probably afraid Rogan might show up at the property! How awful if Rogan discovered the carnage of MM and his friend. JMO

ETA: I recall the author of the documentary provided that the uninjured female passenger was the only party questioned at the police dept. I believe the message here was that the Murdaugh machine had already gotten to the others at the hospital and advised them NOT to talk to the police, period.

Last edited:
I'm coming round to the idea that he was some sort of dealer, as well (although that sounds so weird - he must have been a very busy man).

You make the excellent point about how opiates affect people differently. When my mom was dying, we found that she had a terrible reaction (and very little pain relief) from morphine, but tolerated some synthetic opiate fairly well.

He must have been dealing to a fairly large number of true opiate addicts (80 mg fentanyl?!?) Of course, users grind these pills up and titrate the results in various ways - but still, that's a lot of people out there who would have been end users of these drugs. I find it extraordinary that, if it's true that AM and CE (CS) were dealing drugs, there is no word on any charges for that. I guess that's why AM went to the "I'm the user" statements.

As for functioning on multiple drugs, well, people do function on multi-pharmacy (illicit) until they don't - and AM is now in that second category. I do believe he was a user himself.

JMO.
When I think about AM's socio/psychopathy, I can easily envision him embracing the dual roles of a Tony Soprano character/Alex Murdagh -- believing he was Murdaugh Teflon. I think AM got a real rush acting the roles of bad boy and/or drug lord gangsta. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Netflix and learning more about what PM told his friends. MOO

I had a Script for Percocet after my C-Section, and it made me feel happy, relaxed, good outlook on everything, and definitely made me tired. Once the pain subsided, I threw out the rest of the bottle, as it felt Too good, and I didn't want to take the chance of abusing it. Some people react differently, as they have different chemistry. I know a couple people who have to be careful with anything new, as they have had strange, even opposite reactions. How AM functioned on multiple drugs(possibly) I have no idea, but I think he was more of a Dealer than client. MOO

I'm coming round to the idea that he was some sort of dealer, as well (although that sounds so weird - he must have been a very busy man).

You make the excellent point about how opiates affect people differently. When my mom was dying, we found that she had a terrible reaction (and very little pain relief) from morphine, but tolerated some synthetic opiate fairly well.

He must have been dealing to a fairly large number of true opiate addicts (80 mg fentanyl?!?) Of course, users grind these pills up and titrate the results in various ways - but still, that's a lot of people out there who would have been end users of these drugs. I find it extraordinary that, if it's true that AM and CE (CS) were dealing drugs, there is no word on any charges for that. I guess that's why AM went to the "I'm the user" statements.

As for functioning on multiple drugs, well, people do function on multi-pharmacy (illicit) until they don't - and AM is now in that second category. I do believe he was a user himself.

JMO.

The defense did sound like they're trying to say that Paul shot himself during the ballistics testimony. So I really wonder whether they might say it was a murder-suicide and that Alex came on the scene and got rid of the guns to protect Paul's name, just like it was so important for him to clear Paul's name in the boat case.

The ballistics make that near impossible though. It also wouldn't explain why he left his phone in the house before going to the kennels and why he made all the clothes changes and tried to tamper with witnesses.
So Paul shot himself with a non existent gun? OMG! If AM approved this line of questioning, He is the Worst SCUM Father Ever! AM has NO HEART! Lived his life Scamming Everyone around him, and was able to cry when representing some cases as well...Worse than a Narcissist! Sociopath to the MAX.
I'd like to know if he ever had behavior issues at a young age, received Psychological Evaluation. His family was probably too proud to admit a child had Issues. Just from the little I know now, I feel he'd be the
Also missing from AM’s phone log were the calls he made to Maggie that evening, they are on her phone log but were manually deleted from his. So strange did he have some type of program to delete certain phone calls, was he trying to delete other incriminating phone calls and deleted all the others by mistake? I can not come up for any reason for deleting the calls from his phone since it seems the calls were part of his alibi.
What strikes me as most strange is, OK they were deleted, which I do all the time, BUT the Phone Company HAS ALL THOSE RECORDS, SO WHY NOT SUBPEONA THEM?? IMPOV Too much shady *advertiser censored*...

When I think about AM's socio/psychopathy, I can easily envision him embracing the dual roles of a Tony Soprano character/Alex Murdagh -- believing he was Murdaugh Teflon. I think AM got a real rush acting the roles of bad boy and/or drug lord gangsta. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Netflix and learning more about what PM told his friends. MOO

I am thinking the same. It's so interesting how these male dominated mafias, based on actual families (kinship), resemble each other all around the world. IMO.

Once a person starts getting those dopamine hits from bad behavior, it's apparently a very hard thing to do without. The very act of illicit drug use to get that type of high is just the tip of the iceberg in this case.

PM was merely mimicking what he saw around him, although he could have used common sense, of course. I'm also beginning to think that AM saw MM and PM as terrible, giant weights, pulling him down, ruining his complex notion of how his crime business should be run. They had no clue how far his criminality went and probably thought the pills were for personal consumption - having not had time to figure everything out.

I would love to know what PM told his friends!

(Speculation above)

Great to see this.

New foundation in Gloria’s name giving back. A large amount of money will be donated to the foundation in Gloria’s honor. The money is from the $4.3 million dollar settlement and will go toward Christmas gifts for the hard-working people who struggled just like Gloria did in Hampton County.

So Paul shot himself with a non existent gun? OMG! If AM approved this line of questioning, He is the Worst SCUM Father Ever! AM has NO HEART! Lived his life Scamming Everyone around him, and was able to cry when representing some cases as well...Worse than a Narcissist! Sociopath to the MAX.
I'd like to know if he ever had behavior issues at a young age, received Psychological Evaluation. His family was probably too proud to admit a child had Issues. Just from the little I know now, I feel he'd be the

What strikes me as most strange is, OK they were deleted, which I do all the time, BUT the Phone Company HAS ALL THOSE RECORDS, SO WHY NOT SUBPEONA THEM?? IMPOV Too much shady *advertiser censored*...

They did subpoena them and they are listed on the timeline.

They did subpoena all records, testimony was referring to AM’s actual phone and what it showed/his actions

Paul had Rogan’s dog and was calling him to discuss a rash on the dog’s tail. He had made a video to send to Rogan, the kennel video that places AM at the kennels right before the murders. The theory is that AM knew Paul was texting/calling Rogan, saw unanswered texts from Rogan on Paul’s phone after the murder, wanted to try and find out if Rogan knew AM was at the kennel that evening. Rogan did testify he head AM in the background while on the phone with Paul.

Thank you. I did see Rogan testify and he seemed very honest to me. I felt bad for him, as I am sure he feels very sad about what happened, and I'd bet he has Many questions, but Not His fault.

JMO.
I'm not so sure he was 'dealing' himself and the pills Maggie found and researched were 30mg. Plus, we don't know how many pills she found. I do believe he was a user himself but I also believe he used what he didn't swallow as party favors to his "friends" when he was attending functions; as payoffs or paybacks to others who could then turn a profit themselves; and as savings account currency. A goodly stash of drugs for him was better than the stock market (no broker fees), better than cash in a safe (earns nothing), thousands of dollars worth fits in a small container and is easy to hide in multiple places (safety deposit boxes, gym bags, mason jars). I think he used CES to deal to local users when he needed cash to pay off or pay back those that wouldn't take his dope. I believe AM had quite a bit of his ego tied up in those pills but the checks he wrote to CES, weren't all for drugs. Those checks were cashed and a portion went to Smith for a 'service fee' and the remainder went back to AM so he could do what dishonest people do with large sums of cash. jmo

Great to see this.

New foundation in Gloria’s name giving back. A large amount of money will be donated to the foundation in Gloria’s honor. The money is from the $4.3 million dollar settlement and will go toward Christmas gifts for the hard-working people who struggled just like Gloria did in Hampton County.
I can not think of a more Beautiful Tribute to a caring, hard working woman. I just wish/pray that more people could/would do the same. Her family, sharing the Blessing of their Mom/Sister with those in need. No Higher Tribute, and I hope this will be Recognized by the State!!
The Opposite Action of the Murdaugh family. May Karma apply to all. What goes around, comes around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE