SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been Much talk about a Burner Phone. I think even by his Defense saying at some point his usual phone wasn't working?? I'm sure someone Here will remember that tid bit... No firm knowledge, but mentioned a few times along the way, but no idea When he may have had one..
I remember talk of Alex having 2 phones. MOO

I’d love to know what people with real law experience think about both these scenarios that you and @LaborDayRN suggest but just an opinion from this sofa is that the defense would be crazy to try and use those reasons unless they were spot on sure of a few jurors being in their pocket.
Actually I believe the defense will bring on a phone expert to testify the times are off on the video and perhaps another expert to testify the extraction was done incorrectly and/or the software used to do the extraction has a major glitch that caused a timing error. Since the defense has admitted in their opening that he was there, they need to have the time be off. I think if they can accomplish that, AM will not be on the stand and they will go with he was so messed up, he forgot he was there earlier and they'll probably bring on a psychologist to agree with it.

Argh, I see one prominent person tweeted that it is suspicious that there are no apps being shown on the long timeline while Alex was supposedly hanging out on the bed with his mom. And others are insinuating that that means Miss Shelly misremembered or lied. WRONG

The longform timeline DOES NOT include app information that is not relevant to the timeline. For example, on Jan 31, SLED Lt Britt Dove testified that at 8:30 pm Maggie had Poshmark open. That is not on the long form timeline.

Another example is that on the long form timeline it mentions Maggie's phone took a snapshot of the Facebook app that was open and running in the background at 8:55, but it has no mention anywhere on it about her opening it. It also doesn't mention other apps Paul would have used unless they were relevant to his communications.

Actually I believe the defense will bring on a phone expert to testify the times are off on the video and perhaps another expert to testify the extraction was done incorrectly and/or the software used to do the extraction has a major glitch that caused a timing error. Since the defense has admitted in their opening that he was there, they need to have the time be off. I think if they can accomplish that, AM will not be on the stand and they will go with he was so messed up, he forgot he was there earlier and they'll probably bring on a psychologist to agree with it.
Agree, going to attack the time of death and data timeline hard, pretty much their only play.

I'm not so sure he was 'dealing' himself and the pills Maggie found and researched were 30mg. Plus, we don't know how many pills she found. I do believe he was a user himself but I also believe he used what he didn't swallow as party favors to his "friends" when he was attending functions; as payoffs or paybacks to others who could then turn a profit themselves; and as savings account currency. A goodly stash of drugs for him was better than the stock market (no broker fees), better than cash in a safe (earns nothing), thousands of dollars worth fits in a small container and is easy to hide in multiple places (safety deposit boxes, gym bags, mason jars). I think he used CES to deal to local users when he needed cash to pay off or pay back those that wouldn't take his dope. I believe AM had quite a bit of his ego tied up in those pills but the checks he wrote to CES, weren't all for drugs. Those checks were cashed and a portion went to Smith for a 'service fee' and the remainder went back to AM so he could do what dishonest people do with large sums of cash. jmo

Wow - 80 mg has been mentioned so many times here, I just thought it must be fact. There must be several dozen posts with the wrong mg.

So - do you have a source for it being 30 mg? (Just the general part of the testimony or evidence where that came in?)

30 mg is a rather different situation. And I was wondering about the size of the bag, as well.

Since I find it unlikely that AM was a street level dealer, I wonder who his clientele might have been. I'm actually back to thinking it was mostly personal use now.

IMO.

Has there ever been a case with this much media. How many podcasts and tv shows already. Crazy. I mean I’m obsessed but is everyone else?
It's just too fantastical to be believed, a contemporary fable carried through generations. I've been following since the SS case. To watch them implode over time was predictable and inevitable, IMO. The entitlement, arrogance and lawlessness of the Murdaugh's and the good ole boy system is an interesting observation of the human condition without consequences. They were doomed to fail. Thankful for the press and people that exposed them or things would have continued with the ruination of more generations. I just wish there had been a change of venue. I worry about jury tampering. MOO. FITSNews has been courageous and steadfast.

Trying to untangle the "bags of pills" testimony/texts.

First, MSM is reporting this strangely. Here's the Independent article:

(Free to read with registration but I'm going to quote the relevant parts).

//
12 days prior to her murder – Maggie then carried out several internet searches seeking to identify different types of pills.

Among the searches was “white pill 20 on one side rp”, “green gel pill p30”.

The pills appear to be oxycodone and chlordiazepoxide – opiates which Mr Murdaugh was addicted.//

It says 20 mg for the white pill (which would be the oxycontin, I guess - 20 mg oxycontin is often white). Okay, that's an opiate.

But, chlordiazepoxide is Librium (a benzodiazepine - it's right there in the name). It's not cold medicine and it's not an opiate. Yet, here is an article from a different source:

In that article, it doesn't mention a benzo, and instead says the green gel pill was cold/flu medicine (Nyquil-like?)

Both articles say there were bags (plural) of drugs that PM found.

Will we ever know? This does not sound, any longer, like a big drug operation to me. It sounds like personal use.

So where was all the money going? Street price for 20 mg of oxycodone is about $20 (or maybe $30 if a "gopher" type dealer/delivery service). Was this a vast network oriented to sell cheap opiates to poorer people? What the heck?

Not that 20 mg is very low dose, it isn't, but it would be typical for someone who started out with, say, vicodin, 20 years before. IMO. IME

----
Speculation above.

It's just too fantastical to be believed, a contemporary fable carried through generations. I've been following since the SS case. To watch them implode over time was predictable and inevitable, IMO. The entitlement, arrogance and lawlessness of the Murdaugh's and the good ole boy system is an interesting observation of the human condition without consequences. They were doomed to fail. Thankful for the press and people that exposed them or things would have continued with the ruination of more generations. I just wish there had been a change of venue. I worry about jury tampering. MOO. FITSNews has been courageous and steadfast.
I perfect example of how one man can bring down generations of the family name in his own lifetime, reap what you sow.

Thoughts coming at random re: AM’s “addiction”.
1. There is no way this man was spending $50,000/ week on pills. My husband had a pretty significant opioid addiction. When I mentioned this amount, he confirmed there is no way anyone could function in any capacity on this no matter their tolerance. Definitely would not be able to practice as a well respected lawyer. He had an opioid problem, but those numbers are a lie.
2. So this leaves dealing or that $50,000/ week has to do with something else entirely. But why involve yourself with drug dealing? He was pulling in more than enough at PPMD. I don’t typically associate dealing with people that have viable means of other income (although I’m sure there are instances where this has happened). Something is off here

ADMIN NOTE:

Sleuthing a non POI is never allowed. Members may discuss what is said at trial by a witness, but sleuthing them (not to mention that she is also the surviving son's girlfriend), is not allowed.

Perhaps one of the reasons the Judge chooses the jury foreperson is to, based on his experience, gain insight to possible jury tampering? It's the first trial I've watched where the Judge makes that decision, but he does it all the time in that courtroom. Perhaps there's a reason for doing that in that courtroom?

Trying to untangle the "bags of pills" testimony/texts.

First, MSM is reporting this strangely. Here's the Independent article:

(Free to read with registration but I'm going to quote the relevant parts).

//
12 days prior to her murder – Maggie then carried out several internet searches seeking to identify different types of pills.

Among the searches was “white pill 20 on one side rp”, “green gel pill p30”.

The pills appear to be oxycodone and chlordiazepoxide – opiates which Mr Murdaugh was addicted.//

It says 20 mg for the white pill (which would be the oxycontin, I guess - 20 mg oxycontin is often white). Okay, that's an opiate.

But, chlordiazepoxide is Librium (a benzodiazepine - it's right there in the name). It's not cold medicine and it's not an opiate. Yet, here is an article from a different source:

In that article, it doesn't mention a benzo, and instead says the green gel pill was cold/flu medicine (Nyquil-like?)

Both articles say there were bags (plural) of drugs that PM found.

Will we ever know? This does not sound, any longer, like a big drug operation to me. It sounds like personal use.

So where was all the money going? Street price for 20 mg of oxycodone is about $20 (or maybe $30 if a "gopher" type dealer/delivery service). Was this a vast network oriented to sell cheap opiates to poorer people? What the heck?

Not that 20 mg is very low dose, it isn't, but it would be typical for someone who started out with, say, vicodin, 20 years before. IMO. IME

----
Speculation above.
MM searched for white 30 RP

It’s 30 mg Oxycodone. Not OxyContin which is continuous release.

C741E7D3-6336-4226-A1A6-8303DFE137E2.jpeg039FF8F1-5D4A-4DAF-AE1F-D6AF7F15CCD1.jpeg

Triangulation is a form of a narcissist gaining control of you. Buster is not doing what AM wants to happen (which is present life as normal on that property). AM punishes BM in a way by saying someone else will hunt in your place then. Unfortunately I’m familiar with this tactic.

MOO

Great description, spot on! Sick that he does this to his son but tells you what kinda guy he isnt…

I perfect example of how one man can bring down generations of the family name in his own lifetime, reap what you sow.
It took four generations to deteriorate to the point where the chosen son would shoot half his family to distract from financial crimes. It seems like the rule of morality became increasingly fluid, or distorted, over the generations. They had one set of rules for themselves, and they made and enforced a different set of rules for others.

Wow - 80 mg has been mentioned so many times here, I just thought it must be fact. There must be several dozen posts with the wrong mg.

So - do you have a source for it being 30 mg? (Just the general part of the testimony or evidence where that came in?)

30 mg is a rather different situation. And I was wondering about the size of the bag, as well.

Since I find it unlikely that AM was a street level dealer, I wonder who his clientele might have been. I'm actually back to thinking it was mostly personal use now.

IMO.
Somewhere there's a document that shows Maggie's safari searches I believe on 5-26 or 5-27. There were 4 searches and 2 had been deleted. I thought it was in the timeline from Rudolfski but I didn't see it just now when I went through all 88 pages. I should of captured the url but didn't. I will keep looking.

My closing argument:
—said MM showed up to surprise him that night, but MP’s testimony says MM was asked to come reluctantly did
—only 19 seconds between AM’s car arriving at kennels and 911 call is contradictory to what he told 911 operator he did
—8:44pm video includes AM’s voice yet he said he wasn’t there
—tried to talk Shelley into lying for him about the time he spent at parent’s house
—cartridges found outside gun room match cartridges for bullets that killed MM
—he was a pill head living two lives and everything was crashing down. His family discovered addiction, his co-workers discovered his theft

My closing argument:
—said MM showed up to surprise him that night, but MP’s testimony says MM was asked to come reluctantly did
—only 19 seconds between AM’s car arriving at kennels and 911 call is contradictory to what he told 911 operator he did
—8:44pm video includes AM’s voice yet he said he wasn’t there
—tried to talk Shelley into lying for him about the time he spent at parent’s house
—cartridges found outside gun room match cartridges for bullets that killed MM
—he was a pill head living two lives and everything was crashing down. His family discovered addiction, his co-workers discovered his theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE