SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point was well made that his expertise was not firearms nor ballistics involving shots fired through victim's bodies. The man should not have been testifying about this case, other cases involving cars, trucks, boats or ships, yes but not this case. AJMO
Geometry is geometry.

Geometry is geometry.

Math is math, but it matters what you use as your inputs for your mathing. Garbage in, garbage out.

I was annoyed by Fernandez at first. I still think he did bad at the beginning with all the petty quibbling over the speed chart and the decibel stuff. Those issues aren't even that important, and it starts to make it look like those issues matter more than they do. It makes you look like you're afraid of what they're saying, making your case look weak. Both sides usually do this, attacking the other parties witnesses harshly, but there is a point where it crosses the line into self-harm imo.

But the witness lost all sympathy with his obtuse act on the ballistics. Saying it doesn't matter if someone's moving or not, arbitrarily picking a height, and pretending to know how a specific shooter would be holding their gun. And then at the end saying there's no way Alex could have been the shooter. That's not the least bit scientific. And it's a bit unethical by him imo.

The question about hearing the shot at the kennels was a good one, but it looked like it might have been lost on some people because he threw it in there kind of as an afterthought.

No one's ever really seen them mind you. But legend has it around these parts there's a sinister organization that's rarely talked about. The Government won't discuss them and vehemently denies that they even exist. However there is a long storied history of a secret lost colony of people here in the swamps of the Low Country who escaped a factory in England in the 60's after decades of servitude to a huge candy magnate.

This person kept them hidden away from the prying eyes of competitors for years as he dominated the industry. Escaping during a failed experiment for a secret formula for an everlasting product that would forever change the course of the industry, some of them made their way out right before the devastating explosion that killed hundreds of their kind. Those that survived finally got away from HIS grasp. They made the long arduous journey to the South Carolina Coast, smuggled in on an old molasses trade route used during the prohibition era where they seemingly disappeared into thin air.

What no one could have known was that they were honing their skills in another occupation. One far more deadlier. They mastered the art of camouflage and invisibility. They mastered and qualified in over 10,000 different kinds of weapons. They became trained in the deadliest marshal arts known to mankind. They operated under complete secrecy. Only a select few knew of their existence.

In the mean time, they took jobs that no one else wanted or were even capable of doing. Jobs that required a certain skill set. Jobs that would help finance their colony and their elite training and weaponry so that one day they might return to England to extract their vengeance on their Oppressor.....

I'm talking about The Low Country Oompa Loompa Hit Squad of course. Those Cowboi Outlaws of Candy Land! It was THEY who were responsible for the Murdaugh hit. It's the only reasonable explanation for these horrible crimes! All the state has to do is link the missing Murdaugh funds to them to complete the circle and get these....these things off the streets!

My own opinion of course. Yes, this is sarcasm but that might as well be what Sutton testified to today. I just can't for the life of me understand why he was brought to court today?? He's really not an expert on anything in particular. Besides being a conflict of interest since he is worked on the boat case and was already employed by the defense team, his science made no sense. There were no controls in his experiments. He neglected variables that may have had an influence on his findings. His recreations didn't even use the same firearms or ammunition. He didn't account for weather, tree growth or elapsed time since he went to the crime scene years after the crime. He conducted his 'recreations' without taking into considerations a host of things. His work was sloppy at best. He relied on the state's findings to base some of his results. The same results that defense sought to impeach!! His graph wasn't even labeled. A mistake a grade school student would make. His testimony was mess. It was pretty obvious he just regurgitated what ever Poot and Co wanted him to repeat. A complete joke.

I can't remember a person being so completely annihilated on the stand this way in a loong time. I'll give Sutton credit, he didn't lose his demeanor or get frustrated. I'll give him that but man, it was bad this afternoon. For that I give him a Wonka Everlasting Gobstopper!
BBM
Lol!!!
Low Country Oompa Loompa Hit Squad of course. Those Cowboi Outlaws of Candy Land!
Now I can't get that song out of my head!!

But we could change it:
"Oompa loompa doompety da
If you are greedy, you will go far
You will live like Murdaughs do
Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do

Math is math, but it matters what you use as your inputs for your mathing. Garbage in, garbage out.

I was annoyed by Fernandez at first. I still think he did bad at the beginning with all the petty quibbling over the speed chart and the decibel stuff. Those issues aren't even that important, and it starts to make it look like those issues matter more than they do. It makes you look like you're afraid of what they're saying, making your case look weak. Both sides usually do this, attacking the other parties witnesses harshly, but there is a point where it crosses the line into self-harm imo.

But the witness lost all sympathy with his obtuse act on the ballistics. Saying it doesn't matter if someone's moving or not, arbitrarily picking a height, and pretending to know how a specific shooter would be holding their gun. And then at the end saying there's no way Alex could have been the shooter. That's not the least bit scientific. And it's a bit unethical by him imo.

The question about hearing the shot at the kennels was a good one, but it looked like it might have been lost on some people because he threw it in there kind of as an afterthought.
At the beginning of his cross, I wanted to reach in the tv and grab that pad away! With the microphone right on the podium the rustling he was causing constantly flipping the pages, as the witness was answering more long-winded than Fernandez wanted, was so unnecessary. Then he must have realized and quit it, thank you VERY much. I thought he did very well today on the whole.

It's interesting to me that no friends of Maggie have testified. I know that much of what they might say could be excluded on hearsay grounds, but there are a lot of hearsay exceptions and you would think someone might have something relevant to say. I feel there is so much that we don't know. JMO.
It seemed like Blanca was a friend to MM as well as an employee.

I could see AM doing all kinds of things to change his height and the visuals of him to MM and PM. Kneeling would not be out of the question, IMO.
Have you noticed in the last week or so how AM has been walking very stooped over? Almost like he wants to appear to be shorter than his reported height.

It's interesting to me that no friends of Maggie have testified. I know that much of what they might say could be excluded on hearsay grounds, but there are a lot of hearsay exceptions and you would think someone might have something relevant to say. I feel there is so much that we don't know. JMO.

Except for a friend with direct knowledge of the rumors that MM saw a divorce attorney and/or hired a forensic accountant, I don't think anybody else could add more admissible evidence than what we learned from her sister, son, or Blanca.

We know from them that MM said AM didn't tell her everything about their finances and the lawsuit she was a party to and learned too late (after sharing the potential future residence) she couldn't make an offer on the house located in Hilton Head. From Buster, we learned MM was consumed with all and any media coverage about the boat crash and suit, and feeling shunned, MM stopped socializing and shopping in Hampton.

More important, while a divorce attorney would not have to disclose any protected communication with MM, confirming MM had a prior appointment or made a future appointment that her death prevented her from keeping is not privileged information.

Same with any appointment with a forensic accountant where client privilege communication does not apply.

No doubt the prosecution would have produced these witnesses if more than a rumor.

We saw this very same situation recently during Larry Millete's preliminary hearing where a divorce attorney testified that Larry's wife, Maya Millete, made an appointment with her office before she disappeared and was sent a client questionnaire to complete and return prior to the meeting date but vanished the day after contacting the law firm. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz