SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What pops up on my screen as you mention the Bubba chicken story? Nothing but ads for fried chicken from Chicken Chef here in western Canada. I'm not kidding.

As the self appointed attorney for Bubba and the chicken I will be filing a motion to prevent the word “fried” from being used in any way, in association or purported association, with my client, the chicken.

"I'm Alex Murdaugh...." Murdaugh turns to the jury, "Good morning.”

Right off the bat, Griffin asks #AlexMurdaugh if he killed Paul and Maggie. "Mr. Griffin, I didn't shoot my wife or my son, any time, ever.”

Was that your voice on the kennel video? It is. Were you at the kennels the night Maggie and Paul were murdered? I was. Did you lie to SLED. I did.

Why did you lie? #AlexMurdaugh starts talking about his addiction and paranoia.

"On June the 7th, I wasn't thinking clearly. I don't think I was capable of reason and I lied about being down there (kennel). “

Did you continue lying after that night? #AlexMurdaugh: I continued to lie, yes sir. Oh what a tangled web we weave.....I had to keep lying.

Griffin asks #AlexMurdaugh to tell the jury about that day. AM says Maggie left Moselle that morning, he went to work. Paul let him know the sunflowers had died and they needed to replant the dove field. AM knew Paul was coming home.

AM says after work he met Paul and then went to the dove field in Buster's truck, the black truck.

AM goes over all the places on the property he and Paul went that evening.

Snapchat video: AM testifies that was part of when they were riding around the property.

Were you close to Paul? AM: You couldn't be any closer than Paul and I, then Buster and I.

AM says he called Paul, "paw-paw"- it's hard to tell if that's what he saying or if he's saying "Paul-Paul”.

AM testifies he got home around 6:45 and Paul was there by 7pm. Maggie got home later, after 8pm. Alex then went to the house and left Paul at the shop. "I talked to Mags and I took a shower." AM says the Snapchat clothes are the clothes he wore to work.

After AM took a shower he says he changed into the white t-shirt and shorts he had on when the police arrived.

After he took a shower he went to eat dinner. Paul was almost done eating by the time Alex walked in the kitchen. AM says he and Maggie ate in the den in front of the TV. AM was on the couch and Maggie had a TV tray.

AM: Paul moved on somewhere, in his room, outside, somewhere...after he ate. Maggie wanted to go to the kennels. AM says he laid down on the couch and didn't want to go to the kennels. He had just taken a shower and it was hot, the dogs were usually a chaotic scene, etc..

Buster Murdaugh intently watching his father on the stand.

AM says Maggie went down to the kennels and he didn't initially go. He said at the time he didn't know how she got down there but now looking at the records it's clear she rode with Paul. THEN #AlexMurdaugh says he rode the golf cart down to the kennels.

AM says he got there and Maggie had just let the dogs out. The two that were out were Maggie's pet dogs, Grady and Bubba.

#AlexMurdaugh turns and speaks directly to the jury with every answer. This is a common tactic.

AM: Grady was out chasing guineas. Paul was messing with Rogan's dog, Cash. Bubba catches a chicken (that's what we hear on the kennel video).

. #AlexMurdaugh testifies he did not know Paul was taking that video. He knew Paul was "fooling" with Cash's tail.

a LOT of chicken/Bubba talk

Alex Murdaugh says after getting the chicken from Bubba he went "straight" back to the house, putting an emphasis on the word straight.
AM says he laid down on the couch and may have dozed off for a minute, then he got up and went to visit his mom. Timing: 8:44pm Bubba has a chicken in his mouth. #AlexMurdaugh wrangles the chicken out of his mouth and goes "straight" up to the house and maybe falls asleep 1/2

Then he's leaving for his mom's at 9:06 pm. That's 22 mins from the time Bubba has a chicken in his mouth. In that 16 mins, AM goes to the house, lays down, Paul and Maggie are killed, he hears nothing. 2/2

AM explains he didn't immediately go visit his mom when the caretaker told him around 4pm that his mom was agitated. He said he was told she was given some meds and was resting.

Now #AlexMurdaugh explains parking around the back of his parents' home and going in this entrance.

Alex says this part of the house was the part of the house being used. He said it was common for everyone in his family to park back here.

AM says he went in and visited with his mom.

Is it Paul-Paul, paw-paw, pa-pa????

Griffin asks about the SUV data that had him stopped for a minute in his mother's driveway: Were you disposing of a murder weapon? NO. Bloody clothes? NO.

AM says he returned to Moselle and went into the house. He was super concerned that Paul and Maggie weren't inside the house.

AM says he then drove down the kennels in the Suburban. He begins to rock back and forth on the stand. Griffin asks what he saw, he turns to the jury and says through choking up, "I saw what y'all saw pictures of." "It's so bad.”

"I could see his brain laying on the sidewalk." #AlexMurdaugh testifies he tried to turn Paul over, wasn't sure why he did.

PAUL'S PHONE: AM says he tried to grab Paul by the belt loop and turn him over, when he did "his phone popped out." AM said his phone popped out and was right beside him. He picked it up and put it on Paul. He said he wasn't able to turn him over.

AM says he then went to Maggie, he's not sure where he touched her, maybe by her waist. He went back and forth between Paul and Maggie.

Jim Griffin: What did you mean when you said "here" on the 911 call? AM: Dispatcher asked me if they shot themselves.I knew they didn't. I'm telling her here if that's what you're asking me. I gave an explanation that you couldn't hear on that phone.

Griffin plays the part of the 911 call where #AlexMurdaugh mumbles, "I should've known." AM explains he said "Paul-Paul, I should've known," about the threats Paul had received.

AM says he went back to the house to get a gun because he didn't know if somebody was still out there. He also says he doesn't know why he loaded the 12-gauge shotgun with a 16-gauge shell. Under any other circumstances he wouldn't have done that.

Court is on a break. Reports from @PrettyLiesAlibi who has been in the courtroom is the jury is a mixed bag, some appear to be believing #AlexMurdaugh, others appear to not. Again, never really know what's going on in a juror's mind.

Break over, jury coming in

Keep in mind - Jodi Arias was on the stand for EIGHTEEN days in her murder trial. A lot of story telling can happen when defendants take the stand.

"I know for a fact I didn't go to Almeda early in the morning..." #AlexMurdaugh denies going there the week following the murders and denies going there with a blue tarp.

"Never seen it before. Never touched it." - #AlexMurdaugh about the blue raincoat.

AM testifies law enforcement never and still to this day never asked him for the clothes he was wearing during the day, in the snapchat video.

Now to the blood spatter allegedly on white shirt - AM says his clothes that he was wearing never became an issue until his attorneys proved that the blood spatter was a lie, once they filed the documents, "all the sudden the clothes I was wearing on that day became an issue.”

Why would that shirt be anywhere other than Moselle if he wore it that day? It wasn’t with his dirty pants that Blanca laundered for him. And was it a “Vinny Vines” shirt? Nope, it wasn’t.

The only reason the blood spatter shirt is public record is because the defense filed a motion trying to block it. It was never put into evidence and I don’t understand why the judge let them talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay