SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Snipped by me]

If AM is sure he told MM he was leaving before he hopped on the golf cart, why then did he also send her a text saying that he was "leaving to go to his mom's" only a few minutes later? Doesn't make sense.
He meant leaving the kennels to go “nap”.
CW asked if he told her he was going to his Mothers. Of course he said no.

I think the State if going to offer some interesting rebuttal witnesses. Don't count Waters out.
What would be really amazing and likely just my dream world scenario happening, but I'll say it anyway.. lol

If the state has a recreation of what they think happen.. one shooter being Alex.. time clock rolling to show just how possible it is for him to access 2 guns and shoot them both and jet back to the house, clean up, dispose other phone, etc

Then have a recreation using the defenses witness testimony of the short shooters shooting from places they can't even possibly be standing, inside the feed room above Paul, etc. I would just love to see it all put together showing it just isn't possible.

Last edited:
Someone help me out. On Friday AM was asked if any dog was alerted to any strangers while he was at the kennel. He said no. There is more to this part. I can't find it in my notes.

My point? No dogs alerted to a stranger... And didn't he say he didn't think a stranger was around?
Help me find this....

Friday AM, Trial Transcript/Blog:

Friday PM, Trial Transcript/Blog:

He said there DEFINITELY wasn’t any unknowns around. He was quite emphatic about it. It was odd. I don’t think he realized what that implied.

Murdaugh says the dogs weren't acting strange like anybody else was around -- like dogs do. Murdaugh says definitely there was nobody else around while he was down there. He took the chicken from Bubba, put it up on the shelf, came back to the golf cart and eventually left. Murdaugh can't remember the specifics of the conversations he had with Maggie and what words he used. He's sure he told her he was leaving.
Thank you for the rest of it!

Annnnnd "He took the chicken from Bubba, put it up on the shelf, came back to the golf cart [murders happened here] and eventually left."

There's always truth in his lies.

I think the kennels are at a lower elevation than the house although everything is pretty flat. The house looks like it’s on a bit of a rise.
I think he used “up” in the sense of like walking up to someone. “I walked up to the preacher and said…”
I think it's a southern thing, honestly.
I live in West Virginia which is the most northern southern state..ha ha! ;)
But, anyway, I and people around me use the terms 'up to' and 'down to' fluidly to refer to anywhere regardless of physical direction. JMO

I know Buster isn't on trial so we aren't really able to dig into his life but the guy stumps me in trying to read him. He has such a flat demeanor most of the time in court, yet he saunters in and out lots of days smiling and chatting with family/gf. His interaction with Alex on jail calls doesn't feel engaged. He really comes off as a strange duck to me.
he sounded to me on the jailhouse calls that he was protecting himself, being careful about ANYTHING concerning the murdaugh family skelly-tins.

Question:

AM said: "I lied about being down there. And I'm so sorry that I did."

But on the 911 he said: "Ive been up to it now -- it's bad."

I never did figure out which was lower elevation, the house or the kennels???
This is such a southern thing! I am from the south and we can't decide if it's uptown or downtown. And every beach is called "the beach". jmo

BBM so hard to believe it's been that long. I have an appointments tomorrow and Wednesday and I'm so hoping that the field trip is tomorrow and I don't want them to start deliberating until Thursday and wrap it up Thursday afternoon, lol.
I know! It's crazy it's been this long.
Thursday afternoon works for me! I'll be home by lunch time. :-)

EBM for a typo

Question:

AM said: "I lied about being down there. And I'm so sorry that I did."

But on the 911 he said: "Ive been up to it now -- it's bad."

I never did figure out which was lower elevation, the house or the kennels???

Your posts makes me think... Freudian slip?

"I've been up to it now". In the South, "being up to something" means you're doing something, usually nefarious. Could he have slipped and said that?

MOO.

Alec could have pled guilty and foregone the expensive trial. His freedom is more important to him than anyone else's anything.

I believe he'll be found guilty. And will have blown his 401k for nothing.

Sorry, not sorry.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads