SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight women on the jury, I really think that if there is evidence to refute that AM was such a family man, and devoted to "Mags" they should introduce it. Any cheating, could sway jury on his performance the other day.
Thanks for mentioning the jury "mix", @mickey2942... I've been thinking that exact thing -- that over half of the jury is comprised of women, who often tend to be kindhearted and especially compassionate toward those who are sad/in pain. Thinking that ***every*** time that AM has started "tearing up" (can we say that AM is "on a tear"? :rolleyes:).

Also find it timely that when Ronnie Crosby (former colleague of AM's from the former law firm) was on the stand earlier today, the attorney questioning RC made a special point of highlighting that AM was a "theatrical" type of attorney, even as were AM's father and grandfather when they were in the courtroom. Hoping that that clarification went "click! click!" in the minds of the listening jury!

What is the evidence that they were involved with Stephen Smith? Would like to read up.

Not sure what the evidence is, but this article mentions the death of Stephen Smith was reopened after information gathered in the murdaugh investigation. The rest of what I could say would be rumors or just what was said in the documentary or things I've read online that I can't verify. One other I recall is Randy Murdaugh offering to represent the Smith family or reaching out to the Smith family right away.

In that second article this stands out because tips were coming in pointing to Buster being involved and then this:

According to notes, investigators received a tip purporting to know the identity of Smith’s killer. When investigators spoke to the tipster, he confessed that “the reason he was passing this information on was because Randy Murdaugh [Buster’s uncle] told him to call.”

There's a couple of threads here that will probably get merged:

Thanks so much for posting those links!

What is the evidence that they were involved with Stephen Smith? Would like to read up.
There is no real evidence, in the HBO documentary, Stephen‘s mother said that one of the Murdaugh men, I don’t remember which one- not Alex- showed up to the scene where Stephen was found, he had no reason to be there. Alex‘s brother, who is a lawyer was representing Stevens father in some matter, she said he offered to help him with the investigation of Steven’s death, but only wanted Stevens electronics, she thought that was strange. Rumors that Buster was involved with him. There was no signs that it was actually a hit and run. The case has been re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298