VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In AM's Twilight Zone mind he had convinced himself that he could fly right into the eye of the storm and come out the other side, easy breezy. In reality he had lost real world perspective long ago and his lifestyle sent him on a power trip that all are seeing now. I'm thinking he still has that frame of mind sitting in court with twisted thoughts of how he's going to beat this.

Well said! I absolutely agree with this.

This might be better. I think JG's voice is so gravely and wearing. His cadence drives me crazy -- the way he stumbles along. Hopefully that will cause some jurors to turn him a deaf ear. OMO.

I'm afraid I am going to miss the start of closings as I have a long-standing lunch apt. Hope JG talks long so I can get back before our Rock Star begins! MOO.
did I miss something...did the judge smack down the defense's request to split their closing?

I just remember the tapes from the boat crash and MB's boyfriend said "Do you know who his father is? GOOD LUCK!" To me that said it all.

They always got out of everything no repercussions.

The first LE who arrived at the crime scene can be heard saying to another officer “do you know who this family is”? I can’t recall what his answer was but the other one said “I will fill you in”

Modern day Mafia family.

I just looked at the book people are talking about, Murdaugh She Wrote and saw who the author is :eek: Before anyone spends money on it, be aware the woman who wrote it had many horrible things to say about Shannan Watts who she wrote about too. She blabbed her hateful rhetoric all over the internet and was regularly featured on some of the most despicable YouTube shows about Shannan.

I think RM is the odd man out in the family right now.
While the sister got caught passing contraband(and she knew better, she’s a victim advocate), and Bu$ toed the party line on the witness stand, and JMM put on his best gee whiz gosh routine and cried on cue…RM is the one who called SLED after the roadside shooting and told them AM was trying to bribe nurses to use their phone, and gave them the phone number he was calling. RM is the one who voted with his law partners to fire AM for his theft from them and clients.
I think he supports AM because they are brothers, but instead of a motto of “Family No Matter What”, RM’s motto might be “I Won’t Be Fooled Again”.
I agree with you. RM's face says, "I am open to what I'm hearing in testimony because you, Alec, stole from me and our law firm." He's probably got to be at work some days, but he also hasn't turned his world upside down to be in court every minute. LMG appears to be annoyed that her brother would be accused, as well as seeming defensive. Bu$ seems completely shutdown -- absolutely flat facial affect. The telling photo was taken shortly before JMM testified when they seemed to be collaborating during a proceeding break. OMHO. They make me crazy and I have to ask myself, why? I should not waste any energy on them. :eek:

Last edited:
did I miss something...did the judge smack down the defense's request to split their closing?
I believe Judge Newman told DH it was unprecedented in SC. IMO, just more Dick thinking a senate trick might work here! Not gonna happen in Judge Newman's court. :)

There will be no time limits on final arguments, Newman confirmed. Harpootlian requested that he and fellow defense attorney Jim Griffin split the final argument.

“I’m not inclined to allow the defense to split closing arguments,” Newman responded to the request. He indicated he would consider it.

“We’ll look at it, I’m not inclined to do it,” Newman said. “It’s unprecedented, perhaps in the history of the state of South Carolina. ... We have some days to think about that.”

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article272589113.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
I don't think the alleged opioid addiction was that important. The State had so many issues to deal with -- I don't think that one mattered that much.
its interesting, so much self serving commentary by him about his addiction. he could disclose any and all records regarding his inpatient detox treatment. only he was permitted to release those records. he didnt, because it would not have supported his poopy pants story and the level of his addiction he was using as his defense. *opie made me lie*

Heard on the Red forum that AG had an event tonight and that’s why he showed up today. ‘Friends of Liberty hosting AGW for an evening of discussion’.

I don't think the alleged opioid addiction was that important. The State had so many issues to deal with -- I don't think that one mattered that much.
It’s almost as if AM had a ball telling endless semi-pertinent stories for the prosecution to have to digest and gamble on whether the potential uncovered truth(s) they’ll have to bend backward for might actually be worth investing precious witness stand hours into. Uggghh this man.. so exhausting.

So,

First, AM should be in jail for a long time just based on the fraud alone.

The following isn't a defense of this guy. Just thoughts....

How could a guy simultaneously pre plan this to the extent that its been alleged that he premeditated this by "luring" Maggie to the property, to kill her. Then thought ahead to use 2 weapons to give the impression there were 2 shooters.
Along with pondering a way out of the pickle he was in with the firm for months. And coming up with a plan to kill his wife and son. But not consider the technology. Seriously, he is cunning. He knows how law enforcement works. He knows what cell phones are capable of data logging, he knows on star is tracking him.

How are we supposed to square this?

That said, I think he knows exactly what happened that night. I think these people were into some really bad things. And something went very wrong. Possibly something Paul had gotten himself into. And there is still some type of threat hanging over the heads of the rest of the family.

There's more to this story.

This is very in line of my theory since the beginning. I think/know he was there. I'm not convinced he murdered them both. The $ doesn't add up. Things just don't sit right.

Did you all notice that AM was more flat yesterday and today not as much emotion? He also didn't seem to have his mouth full of mints or tobacco or whatever it was he was previously manipulating orally all during the trial. I noticed he did "cry" a few times but not as much and he seems worn out, maybe feeling defeated? OMO

Did anyone else notice a change since he testified?

If AM did this terrible crime, how could his mind even go there in the first place ?
Most people want to protect their families even at the cost of their own lives !
Yes, most people want to protect their families but unfortunately we've seen people who have wiped out their entire families many times here on WS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay