VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to bring up the drugs. Oxycodone comes in either 5 mg tabs or in 5mg tabs with 365 milligrams of Tylenol. He said he was taking 30mg tabs? No such thing. If he was taking 30mg at a time, then he was taking 6 pills. I find it incredible that he could take huge amounts of illegally obtained drug and not ever ingest one that was laced with fentanyl. So, he had a pipeline to drugs that were not manufactured in someone’s basement. There clearly is a huge drug connection that has not been uncovered fully, imo. If he was spending 50k a week on drugs (doubtful) then he was paying for purity. Or, he was using and distributing. What does everyone think?

Agree, there is much more to this. I think it’s Dealing. He may have used here and there but not what he is claiming.

He went through great detail in testifying about the drug use. It was overboard, he said an enormous amount of information that didn’t need to be said.

Typically when there is so much ‘look, look, look at all of this bad stuff over here that I did’ it’s done to deflect from what’s really going on.

It is self serving in a few ways. It gives the impression of him totally taking responsibility for ALL of his wrong actions. By doing that he disarms the jury (subconsciously). That right there has the jury starting with a different perspective.

So I think there is much more than we know. Hopefully it will come out one day.

Do you know if Maggie's property is still in probate? She left it all to Alex, of course. I'm guessing that it's held up due to this trial and that eventually Alex's inherited $4m from Maggie will go to the plaintiffs in the death of Mallory Beach and to others whose money Alex stole.
Yes, it's being held by liens against the pending cases.

We mostly agree. But I do disagree on AMs IQ. I don't think anyone with any intelligence at all would even for a moment that killing their wife and son would buy them some sort of reprieve.

I don't think they backed off their lawsuit. The one lawyer said he was all set to go to court over at least one of the fraud cases.

Either way, this guy is screwed. I just think there are probably some other characters here that need to be brought to justice too.

Respectfully, I think IQ has nothing to do with the effects of a personality disorder or other mental illness, including addiction. Indeed, addicts are capable of almost anything when they finally hit bottom and it's often the family who suffers the consequences.

AM was not thinking like a normal person, but in the twisted manner that creates characters like Dr Death or Richard Nixon or Scott Peterson. Impulse control is out the door; angry violent thoughts can occur in even the most intelligent mind. Frankly, I wonder how he could have been a heavy opiate user for so many years without shaving a few points off his IQ, functionally speaking.

Not that I think AM was brilliant to begin with. He's a bully, raised by self-serving bullies. Smarter than the average bear, capable of impressing some people but mostly by his position and his money. I'd give him an IQ of 115-118 from observation of his testimony (and the accounts of eyewitnesses about the boat crash). Certainly not stupid, but no criminal mastermind, either.

IMO.

It is called "euphoric recall," and a neuroscientist could probably tell you what is going on on their brain chemically. Shout out to a favorite podcast- Huberman Lab. It covers many many topics, but the effect of neurotransmitters on addicts and non-addicts is really fascinating information. I learn something helpful every time I listen.

Exactly. That is the problem with serial killers, rapists talking about their crimes. Instead of being therapeutic and attempting to get them to show empathy for their victims, they get engaged in talking about the "thrill" of their criminal activity. Forget victim empathy.

Do you know if Maggie's property is still in probate? She left it all to Alex, of course. I'm guessing that it's held up due to this trial and that eventually Alex's inherited $4m from Maggie will go to the plaintiffs in the death of Mallory Beach and to others whose money Alex stole.
She actually left it to her sister, the sisters name was crossed out and RM’s name was penciled in. When RM died, instead of reverting back to MP, JMM was made executor. Seattle1 explained in a previous post what those documents were that made JMM in charge. MP said she never knew she was executor or had been taken off. Moselle is being sold to settle the lawsuit against Buster, proceeds will be divided up between BM in the plantiffs of the lawsuit who are boat crash victims. I think it’s interesting that MP never knew she was executor. I guess Maggie would have had to explain why everything needed to be in her name and could not be left to Alex, assets needed to be legally untouchable from lawsuits. Moo

Wondering about Buster. Did he/will he receive no inheritance?

I’m so ready for a verdict. One way or another.
There are a couple of other trials coming up and the sooner I forget AM, the better.

I hope the jury finds him guilty but they may be bought or intimidated, scared. Not many of us would find being a juror on this case to be worthwhile. It all just reeks of corruption and greed and hate.

Agree, there is much more to this. I think it’s Dealing. He may have used here and there but not what he is claiming.

He went through great detail in testifying about the drug use. It was overboard, he said an enormous amount of information that didn’t need to be said.

Typically when there is so much ‘look, look, look at all of this bad stuff over here that I did’ it’s done to deflect from what’s really going on.

It is self serving in a few ways. It gives the impression of him totally taking responsibility for ALL of his wrong actions. By doing that he disarms the jury (subconsciously). That right there has the jury starting with a different perspective.

Yes, like physicians say. If a pt says sure I drinks 4 beers a weeks it’s likely at least double that. The fact he claimed to consume the amount he stated was ridiculous. I have no doubt there was dealing, prob previously with his shrimper buddy, lol.

He's been charged and the language said possession, manufacturing or distribution...it wasn't just for using

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18