VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. He stole money. We heard it.

1,000 mgs a day is so doable. If one is taking 80mg Oxys, it is only 12.5 pills per day. Personally have seen that kind of usage and the person functioned at a highly successful career for decades. Then, he died because his liver and kidneys were destroyed and stopped functioning.

How would killing Paul benefit AM? The boat case doesn't go away as AM was the owner of the boat.

How would killing Maggie benefit AM? It wouldn't get him out of debt.

So far, the closing is just - blah.
AM stated he took 60 a day... That dosage of oxy would be pretty toxic/fatal. It would impair anyone's ability at that amount, at the very least they would be drowsy, and with many other issues, such as trouble breathing. They would not be sitting up chatting away, like AM has been seen doing. Moselle had a landing strip, pretty sure all those pills were part of drug trafficking. Also, with the amount of drinking AM did, combining the opioids with alcohol (opioids suppress your breathing), in those amounts, with the drinking.... would have been fatal. AM cannot remember anything related to the murders but he CAN remember the number of pills and the strength of the pills that he took over the years.

I think also that AM counted on the family name and reputation carrying him through an investigation that would never center on him. He didn't count on SCRUTINY. He didn't count on the boat crash bringing attention to other deaths around the family. He didn't count on the murders to bring national attention. We saw him at work on the night of the boat crash--get other people to cover up, to take the blame, to dummy up. He had no thought for what taking the blame would do to Connor Cook. On the one hand, many parents want to get their kids out of big trouble without their lives in ruins. On the other hand, most of them don't want to throw an innocent kid under the bus to save their own, without so much as a thought about the consequences for the kid taking the blame.

I've wandered a bit from my point, which is that his first instinct is to use his reputation to lie his way out of trouble. I think he counted on that.

Yeah, he was probably thinking that he himself had "fixed" things for his family so frequently by witness tampering, lying, bullying, pay-offs, etc., why not do the same for himself? He probably believed the local police were in his pocket.

I heard that Phillip S Hoffman would shoot up 90 bags of dope a day...if Alex was taking 30 mg oxi's all the time...it could be true..he is a big man and some people can handle drugs. mOO
I lived near Hoffman. He'd gone to rehab before the summer of 2013 and that summer he was looking OK, but that winter he started looking a mess. The type of thing where your neighbor would mention it when you'd see each other at the supermarket or walking your dog. He was not functioning. If you have a source for him using 90 bags of heroin a day, I'd love to see it. He only had a few empty bags in his apartment when he died with a needle in his arm (about 50 full bags too).

And what's really strange is that at no time did AM (in his rambling testimony) say how much he wants to find the real killers or what he has done to do that. He doesn't mention how he hounded LE to find the real killers or received reports from them regarding their efforts to find the real killers.

An innocent person in AM's position, if they loved their wife and son at all, would be bent on finding Justice for them. They would talk about little else and it would enter into their conversations and testimony.

IMO.

he doesn't know who killed them , it's not his responsibility to find the killers..they are dead and he thinks it could be anyone...I think it sounds phony if he makes these statements..obviously LE should find the real killer/killers. mOO

I keep thinking about the pictures that popped up on his phone immediately after AM came home from his mom's house. He styled himself as a partier and a playboy. He did NOT like having his own way of life disrupted in any manner. He's a complete egotist.

And if you consider what Lindsey Edwards has said, it makes it more clear what his lifestyle was really. He deserves to be on trial for rape and trafficking as well.

Absolutely it is! I mean what are the odds that a hog just happens to drop dead at the entrance to the kennels on the day the jury is coming to view the area? Slim to none IMO
There's a lot of bad ju ju around those kennels or it's a SC version of the fish in newspapers on your doorstep. moo

I lived near Hoffman. He'd gone to rehab before the summer of 2013 and that summer he was looking OK, but that winter he started looking a mess. The type of thing where your neighbor would mention it when you'd see each other at the supermarket or walking your dog. He was not functioning. If you have a source for him using 90 bags of heroin a day, I'd love to see it. He only had a few empty bags in his apartment when he died with a needle in his arm (about 50 full bags too).

I read it..it was long ago..it has nothing to do with this case, but I remember this. plus heroin is different..just saying. mOO

this is where I am with this too..also I think Alex does have the carriage to overcome his troubles..it's called bankruptcy..people do it every day..his life wasn't over..there's so much he could have done regardless...make amends..

I don't know..witch hunt? mOO
Bankruptcy would have exposed his stealing. He would have been disbarred. It was not as simple as he could file bankruptcy.

AM stated he took 60 a day... That dosage of oxy would be pretty toxic/fatal. It would impair anyone's ability at that amount, at the very least they would be drowsy, and with many other issues, such as trouble breathing. They would not be sitting up chatting away, like AM has been seen doing. Moselle had a landing strip, pretty sure all those pills were part of drug trafficking. Also, with the amount of drinking AM did, combining the opioids with alcohol (opioids suppress your breathing), in those amounts, with the drinking.... would have been fatal. AM cannot remember anything related to the murders but he CAN remember the number of pills and the strength of the pills that he took over the years.

If he was doing opiates for a decade plus, he would have built up quite a tolerance. Also, opiates provide a lot of people with energy and a boost (not your stereotypical drowsiness/nodding out). If you are actively in withdrawal, anything that takes that feeling away will put a pep in your step.

he doesn't know who killed them , it's not his responsibility to find the killers..they are dead and he thinks it could be anyone...I think it sounds phony if he makes these statements..obviously LE should find the real killer/killers. mOO

So his sister-in-law was wrong to be puzzled that he wasn't all that concerned about finding who killed his wife and son? She was.

I'm afraid of how long the defense is going to take to close. The judge absolutely should have set time limits. I can see them taking many hours, which is ridiculous.

So his sister-in-law was wrong to be puzzled that he wasn't all that concerned about finding who killed his wife and son? She was.

I don't know...this is conjecture because it is just his behavior in one or two instances..I can't hang my hat on a perceived lack of concern. mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966