VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to quote from @Sunshynn about the thrill of pulling the wool over someone’s eyes, but the quote’s not coming through for some reason——

Not sure if those here who live in a rural area are familiar with three-card monte dealers?

In urban areas this is a long tradition. A con game played with cards that is finely tuned and well-practiced.

The mark will never, ever win.

The con men make money, it’s a short con so the money is cumulative, BUT like most con men, there’s a thrill to a good con, which is its own reward, although tricking people out of their money is the immediate goal.

Of course no monte dealers do this to their OWN FAMILY, their friends and their partners. That’s why it’s played on the street with strangers.

JMO and JME

I am guessing depending on the mg of the oxycotin since it comes from 5 mg to 60 mg forms (60 pills goes from 300 mg to 3,000 mg). Much like heroine and other hard drugs people build a tolerance. Still shocking how many he was taking and functioning as he was, but working in the medical field the body is amazing on how it works and amazing that we even function at all.
I think my take away from his inability to say how many pills he took was he didn't want an expert to be called to refute him. So he fluffed over it.. sometimes more sometimes less.. trying to add mg and pill numbers and he never did say what a typical day was like.. just I took a lot so believe me. We will never know what he was taking or if this was all to create an excuse for his lies and financial misdeeds.

And the chicken dog toy placed at the kennels today?
What was -mr goodie guy thinking- ?
A chicken was in the dogs mouth heard on the video moments before the murders!

Disgusting EVIL
JMO
God bless Bubba, little scamp made AM yell out to him on video...thank you to the chicken who gave it's all to catch an evil man </3

I think Maggie had a full time job dealing with him. It sounds exhausting and if he played any of these kind of games with her.. I can't imagine. He even said something like "I told Paul I'd go to rehab after the boat case".. well how many of these games did he play with his family? The implication in that statement is that IF this boat case wasn't looming, I could go to rehab or maybe even I wouldn't have this pill problem. These types make others feel it's their fault for even the simplest things and they don't always say it with words.. actions, lack of action, etc. It speaks and I think Alex was doing a lot of blame shifting and fast talk on his family also.
So true. Sadly.

There is an old adage one of my friends often uses on that very point: “what you are doing speaks so loudly, I cannot hear what you are saying.”

And worse, I don't think someone wanted the media there. Which means the staging was intended for the jury.

The hog. The dog toy. The item on the table. The bike. (That bike hasn't been sitting in the elements for a year -- someone put it there.)

Showmanship?

Weird.

JMO
Really low and unbelievable. That house has been on the market for how long? The realtor would not have left an item that had Busters name on it and Maggie's bike there. I mean they don't have to clean up a property to sell it, but knowing 2 murders happened there I think they wouldn't leave items from the deceased on the property. I'd be curious if those were there in photos taken for the sale. If it's proven someone put those there, then someone needs to be in trouble for that.

he doesn't know who killed them , it's not his responsibility to find the killers..they are dead and he thinks it could be anyone...I think it sounds phony if he makes these statements..obviously LE should find the real killer/killers. mOO
With AM vast network of LE friends, high places and low, who would have had the audacity to do that and not incur the wrath of the Murdaugh family and every LE in the 5 county area. The perps would have been hunted down like they hunt the hogs. No stone would have been left uncovered because AM would have demanded it. Did he demand it? Did he scream for justice at every opportunity? Did he push for a better investigation? No, No and No. If he really wanted the killer(s) brought to justice and punished, it would have happened and who’s responsibility it is to make that happen is not the issue.
moo

And what's really strange is that at no time did AM (in his rambling testimony) say how much he wants to find the real killers or what he has done to do that. He doesn't mention how he hounded LE to find the real killers or received reports from them regarding their efforts to find the real killers.

An innocent person in AM's position, if they loved their wife and son at all, would be bent on finding Justice for them. They would talk about little else and it would enter into their conversations and testimony.

IMO.
And let's not forget the reward money offered up with an EXPIRATION DATE, as if it was a damn cereal coupon.

Really low and unbelievable. That house has been on the market for how long? The realtor would not have left an item that had Busters name on it and Maggie's bike there. I mean they don't have to clean up a property to sell it, but knowing 2 murders happened there I think they wouldn't leave items from the deceased on the property. I'd be curious if those were there in photos taken for the sale. If it's proven someone put those there, then someone needs to be in trouble for that.
Hey, remember that this clan has never suffered any consequences for misdeeds. Had they been accountable years ago, we may not be here today.

A few points about Moselle and Maggie's estate:

1) originally Alex owned this and borrowed heavily against the property (from his favorite local bank Palmetto State)
2) Alex transferred the property to Maggie with a Quit Dead Claim, which transfers the property to Maggie, but all the liens remain (PSB still holds the mortgage)
3) Maggie is sued (with others) as part of the Beach lawsuit.
4) Maggie is killed and the property goes to her estate.
-- at this point most/all of Maggie's Estate is at risk due to lawsuits filed against her.
-- If money were left over the properties would go to
5) Alex, but only if not found guilty since in SC you cannot inherit from somebody you murder. If this happened, the property would become tied up in Alex's multiple lawsuits.
6) If Alex is found guilty, Maggie's sole remaining heir would be Buster. If the case had not been settled, Buster would be at risk for the Beach lawsuits, but not Alex's financial crimes. In practice, however, the estate would be tied up for years due to Alex's expected appeals.

I don't have a link since this is information I have accumulated from multiple articles.

The bottom line is that lawyers get rich, and everybody else gets tidbits.
It took several hundred thousand dollars IIRC to remove Buster and Maggie from the Beach lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn