GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will - someone will blog; someone will write a book.

There's a ton more available that shows what happened, and then, of course, I believe that social scientists have something to offer.

We will never know for sure.

But if AM went down to the kennels with one gun on the golf cart and Paul had another gun with him, it gets easier to explain. Maggie felt she was safe as long as Paul was there - with his gun (IMO). Alec thought he could kill Paul with one shot. That didn't work, because Paul was a young vigorous man. So Alec expended two blasts on Paul and snatched up the other available gun - it's also possible he brought two guns, but I'm not so sure. Maybe.

This will all be speculation. We will never know for sure, but someone will surely put many details together in a convincing manner, now that the many witnesses are not afraid. People can finally talk freely - and they will.

IMO.
The woman journalist from the WSJ who was in the Netflix series, has been here through the trial. I read somewhere that she is writing a book, so it will most likely be more inclusive than some since she was here to the end.

Listening to the talking head lawyers on L and C discuss what people in jail think of family killers, I had a thought of those in jail who might be angry, very angry about the abuse that the poor, injured and desperate people that AM ripped off were their neighbors and people who had little voice. Sure, I am happy that PM and MM have gotten a measure of justice but those people who have been robbed of security and peace of mind by this convicted felon (glad I can type that) deserve to have their community rise for them and be acknowledged for their pain and suffering.

I’ve always found it a bit odd when Prosecutors speak post-verdict and mention how “blood, sweat, and tears” went into building their murder case.

It’s minor but I’ve also thought the hugging and congrats like talk to one another after a verdict is also strange. No matter what, there’s no “winners” here. Two people lost their lives, one person was found legally responsible for their deaths, and countless friends, family, colleagues and anyone else who knows or knew of the Murdaugh family has their live forever changed in some way after all of this. And, of course, one man loses his freedom as a result of being found legally responsible for these heinous crimes. There are never any “winners” in homicide cases, there are “losers” all around. Always so tragic, and always so sad. JMOO.

But there are winners. Justice being the first one. Seeing the American justice system work as it should, seeing a man of integrity in Judge Newman, seeing what happens when people are honest even if no one else agrees (Sled), seeing the victims feel some closure…and more. But there are winners when justice is fought for and served.

I want to thank Rogan Gibson too--because even before the video surfaced, he was willing to tell the police the very next day that he had heard Alex on the phone call at the kennels....and told Maggie's parents that in the days right after the murders, with Alex standing right nearby (and I'm pretty sure that by that point he had heard Alex say that he hadn't been down at the kennels).

I’ve always found it a bit odd when Prosecutors speak post-verdict and mention how “blood, sweat, and tears” went into building their murder case.

It’s minor but I’ve also thought the hugging and congrats like talk to one another after a verdict is also strange. No matter what, there’s no “winners” here. Two people lost their lives, one person was found legally responsible for their deaths, and countless friends, family, colleagues and anyone else who knows or knew of the Murdaugh family has their live forever changed in some way after all of this. And, of course, one man loses his freedom as a result of being found legally responsible for these heinous crimes. There are never any “winners” in homicide cases, there are “losers” all around. Always so tragic, and always so sad. JMOO.
Idk, I think it is a win for justice that AM will be held responsible for his heinous crimes. There are people on this forum who commented being nervous about the verdict and we are just observers with no real vested interest. I understand the relief, the emotions after having spent 18 months of your life focused on this trial. I think there are sympathetic criminals, those you feel sorry for despite what they did, Alex does not fit in the category. moo

Last edited:
This morning, during discussion of the juror with the eggs, I got the impression that the defence wanted to keep the juror. Does anyone recall offhand? If true, that would suggest that the juror who was dismissed was in favour of the defence. Perhaps she could have changed history by causing a hung jury ... had she not been dismissed for breach of jury rules.
I'm sure we will hear more about it. I think we can take out what her view was and look at what we told to us and she was speaking with not 1 or 2, but 3 different people about this case weather discussing guilt or specific pieces of evidence and what she thought it meant or didn't' mean, it was enough that one of them or someone reached out to the judge to share that she was communicating about the case. Then the judge brought them all in after talking to her. So I'd say he took it seriously and looked into the allegations. I wonder if the fact it was 3 people helped his decision. 1 person it could be said it wasn't what it seemed, but 3 people makes it hard to say someone was mistaken. If that juror would have voted not guilty, then it still isn't on the judge or the state to not remove them when the misconduct was brought to their attention.

I want to thank Rogan Gibson too--because even before the video surfaced, he was willing to tell the police the very next day that he had heard Alex on the phone call at the kennels....and told Maggie's parents that in the days right after the murders, with Alex standing right nearby (and I'm pretty sure that by that point he had heard Alex say that he hadn't been down at the kennels).
Absolutely. Great respect for him.

Watching Channel 2, a Charleston SC station, saying that AM will likely end up at Kirkland Corrections in Columbia with protection. IMO he's still going to have special treatment.

Agreed. At least he'll be behind bars, where he belongs. However - the idea of a wealthy criminal like AM going into the "general population" in a prison (where he would constantly in fear for his life) was never something I thought would happen. I have a feeling he'll get "perks" in jail that a poor/non-influential prisoner wouldn't have access to. However, hopefully it won't be anything like this:

Mods, hopefully it's OK to post this.

Last edited:
Yes, it was quite likely Rogan's request that Paul make a video of the dog's tail that led to investigators spending more than a year to unlock Paul's phone.

Yes, I saw that, not good

There's no general rule or law that jurors can't be shown. They have now done their duty and are back in their positions as members of the public.

If any person had gone to court, they would have seen them. Trials are public. Always. Very important in American Jurisprudence - and there are very good reasons to keep the jury anonymous until a verdict is rendered - but not otherwise.

We do not have secret juries, but only jury protections. And this judge duly protected his jury, for obvious reasons. But now they are free to speak and the cameras are free to roll.

No one who ever sits on a jury should expect anonymity - in most trials, there are empty seats and plenty of room to watch.

IMO>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members