GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight I'm now looking back to this morning. I have a weird feeling Alex and the rest of the defense team knew they were done for. If you go back there were several posts about the way Alex looked this morning and a difference in the behavior of the lawyers. DH was remarkably silent today and JG really didn't give a good performance in his rebuttal. He was all over the place this morning. I'm really starting to wonder if they got some kind of read on the jury or some kind of info, perhaps from the juror that was booted today or perhaps from some of the other jurors that were replaced. Things were different from the defense today. They had no swagger like they did in the previous weeks. They just seemed off.

What do ya'll think!
Unless I missed it, Griffin didn't use his blown up autopsy photos in his closing argument. He must've read the room.

It was a deflated balloon.

In the end, there was no defense.

The crimes, truly indefensible.

JMO

In hindsight I'm now looking back to this morning. I have a weird feeling Alex and the rest of the defense team knew they were done for. If you go back there were several posts about the way Alex looked this morning and a difference in the behavior of the lawyers. DH was remarkably silent today and JG really didn't give a good performance in his rebuttal. He was all over the place this morning. I'm really starting to wonder if they got some kind of read on the jury or some kind of info, perhaps from the juror that was booted today or perhaps from some of the other jurors that were replaced. Things were different from the defense today. They had no swagger like they did in the previous weeks. They just seemed off.

What do ya'll think?
Agree, maybe why Jim lacked conviction in his closing. I think his tears were probably genuine, knew they had lost the case. MOO

Watching Channel 2, a Charleston SC station, saying that AM will likely end up at Kirkland Corrections in Columbia with protection. IMO he's still going to have special treatment.
You have to wonder how many innocent people he may have railroaded and sent to prison When he was a prosecutor? If so, may he receive swift justice!

I agree, there was an obvious difference in their body language and demeanor today.
Hmm, well, Judge Newman did say that discussions about the juror had taken place with both sides of counsel present. Maybe the subdued mood of the defense (and Alex) was because THAT juror had been THEIR juror. Their one juror that would refuse to say guilty, resulting in a hung jury. JMO

Perhaps @Edvis can create one with a chicken feather of sort, seems chicken is new member of our family now. Need to make use of it.
Think I have one mixed already... One shot of corn whiskey, shot of chicken broth, and a dash of poultry seasoning. Add red tail feather mix gently. This drink is served warm for those cold days and no chicken soup is on hand.

Would the verdict have been different if AM had not testified? I wonder what the energy is between the defense team now based on what appeared to be a split for him testifying.
The defense, particularly JG, looked utterly defeated when AM decided to testify IMO. After CW was through with him they could scarcely look each other in the eyes.

I want to thank Rogan Gibson too--because even before the video surfaced, he was willing to tell the police the very next day that he had heard Alex on the phone call at the kennels....and told Maggie's parents that in the days right after the murders, with Alex standing right nearby (and I'm pretty sure that by that point he had heard Alex say that he hadn't been down at the kennels).

Yup. So great from Rogan.
And then there's Ronnie Crosby, who put the bullying defense in their place, putting ethics over all.
And then there was Shelley, and Blanca and Jeannie...the women in AM's life who were not afraid to speak up.
And of course others. They stood up for what was right.

I won't say much of what I think of JG and DH. They sold their souls IMO.
And regarding the entire Murdaugh family....no comment.

Incredibly ironic that Paul's cellphone video was crucial in convicting AM.
Testimony from the grave.

I'm a little confused about Bubba the dog. Was he barking as if something was amiss? People are online crediting the dog for helping. ??
Maggie's dog Bubba caught a chicken while Alex and Maggie were at the chicken coop, and Paul was at kennel next to the shed. Cash, Rogan's dog, was in that kennel. While Paul video taped the dog's tail, in the background, Alex is telling Maggie that she's so dumb because she couldn't distinguish between a chicken and a quail. Alex says something about Bubba having a chicken.

Omg I missed that she had eggs! I missed early morning court. She literally had eggs with her!?

My impression after hearing what happened and the defense not wanting to dismiss her is that she was leaning towards no guilty. I wonder if we will ever know? Well, apparently she likes to talk …so maybe she’ll give an interview and tell us!
I hope so. If she was leaning not guilty, which was my impression this morning, she would have changed history had she not screwed up. Hung jury. Murdaughs would rule the roost until a re-trial, which would have emboldened them.

You have to wonder how many innocent people he may have railroaded and sent to prison When he was a prosecutor? If so, may he receive swift justice!

Or killed, and had killed by way of a lack of medical care (no funds), premature pulling the plug and who knows what else. He’s the type that would lace drugs to get what he wanted. He’s affected more lives than we know.

The train is a rocking my fellow sleuths and drinks all around get up on the bar and dance if you want. This is something I was hoping for and it feels so good in my heart personally to know that a horrific man will be put away and caged like he should be. The train will be open and partying the rest of the week and into the weekend and already ordered extra booze and extras needed to rock this train. Thank you all fellow sleuths for riding along and believing in justice served, LET'S PARTY!!!!!!
It just makes me sad that a fellow human being could do this to his family. It hurts so bad.

Incredibly ironic that Paul's cellphone video was crucial in convicting AM.
Testimony from the grave.

I'm a little confused about Bubba the dog. Was he barking as if something was amiss? People are online crediting the dog for helping. ??
He definitely didn’t help himself with what he chose to say and how he said it. In the end credibility was a key factor. He lied for the last 20 months and lied again on the stand. His confession was hollow and self serving.

I didn't give the jury enough credit. I thought there would be a couple who would fall for his schtick. luckily I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay