GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the applause, I had the vivid picture of CW on his knees in the courtroom. He put his heart and soul into this conviction. Everyone that loves and cares for him must be bursting with pride tonigh.

He really did put his all into it. And I hope his family is rejoicing and that he, personally, can now spare a moment to congratulate himself.

What an achievement. There was always room for one juror to mess it up. But blanket/kleenex lady did not mess it up.

It's historic and he will be remembered (at least within lawyer circles) for a long time.

IMO.

It just makes me sad that a fellow human being could do this to his family. It hurts so bad.
It's tragic and forced me at times to reflect on moments in the service where lives were taken in a blink of an eye, witnessing it myself and having to put it in a box for a time to protect my brothers. These lives PM and MM should have never been taken in that way and it burned in me that these monsters exist among us and the ease in which AM did this horrific thing without an ounce of sympathy other then saving his self. I've seen the same look on the enemy at the time as they put their family in the line of fire to protect themselves, no remorse, no sympathy, not a care in the world. It was on AM's face time and time again and that in itself told me once again what a heartless killer looks like.

I just had the chance now to watch the whole press conference.

I applaud all of them for the work they invested into this case. I worried that CW was going on too long at times, but he was effective and I’m grateful again to all the prosecutors and to SLED and all SC law enforcement.

I wish we could see the faces of those police officers who interviewed AM, each time he told them that he last saw Maggie and Paul an hour and a half earlier.

IMO, those interviews combined with Paul’s phone video, and Rogan coming forth, is what brought Alec to justice.

Someone above said that CW has a cute smile. I agree. We haven’t really had a chance to see him smile until today. For those who are old enough to know who Tim Conway was, CW reminded me of him, if Tim Conway had a beard.3663197A-5B68-4571-BBB0-968D0435A4BF.jpeg

AM didn’t help himself in court when he turned into an animated character with the famous pet names, let snot hang 2 inches from his nose, stole pens, fake cried, took contraband back to his cell, gave witnesses the evil eye, made the haughty facial expressions during pros closing…

And today with the verdict he couldn’t even fake cry…because he knew his gig was up. No reason to put the phony act in motion.

I don't think they purposely caught the jury on video -- it was probably an oversight. The jury is usually not their when they film Alex leaving the courtroom. Thye have tried to be very careful and I can't imagine this was intentional.
Yes. I think it was a mistake. I hope CourtTV apologizes tomorrow & says it has destroyed that part ( clip).
I could not believe what I was seeing.
Especially when the judge was telling them no one has to know you served on this jury.
Yikes.

Moo

I am floored, in the best way!! I went grocery shopping to distract myself from the deliberations, and I hadn’t finished loading everything to go home when my husband texted me the most wonderful word I could imagine: GUILTY. I thought he was messing with me because it was so fast. So sorry for all the people this sad man hurt. And so grateful for an astute jury.

It's tragic and forced me at times to reflect on moments in the service where lives were taken in a blink of an eye, witnessing it myself and having to put it in a box for a time to protect my brothers. These lives PM and MM should have never been taken in that way and it burned in me that these monsters exist among us and the ease in which AM did this horrific thing without an ounce of sympathy other then saving his self. I've seen the same look on the enemy at the time as they put their family in the line of fire to protect themselves, no remorse, no sympathy, not a care in the world. It was on AM's face time and time again and that in itself told me once again what a heartless killer looks like.

Yes, heartless. That is exactly what he is.

In hindsight I'm now looking back to this morning. I have a weird feeling Alex and the rest of the defense team knew they were done for. If you go back there were several posts about the way Alex looked this morning and a difference in the behavior of the lawyers. DH was remarkably silent today and JG really didn't give a good performance in his rebuttal. He was all over the place this morning. I'm really starting to wonder if they got some kind of read on the jury or some kind of info, perhaps from the juror that was booted today or perhaps from some of the other jurors that were replaced. Things were different from the defense today. They had no swagger like they did in the previous weeks. They just seemed off.

What do ya'll think?

Or else, they simply realized that they had no coherent path to an exculpating defense. They tried, but they know that Alec cooked his own goose. Which he did. And he wanted to.

No swagger. And of course, putting their hands over their faces and face palming in general during Alec's testimony was not great, either. I love that they remained human, though. The system of justice is not supposed to be a noose on the lawyers and jury. Alec insisted (his right) on testifying against his lawyers' advice and this is what he got.

OTOH, he had already admitted to a lot of crimes. For whatever reason, Alec Murdaugh spent a lot of money to try and show that he didn't kill his wife and son.

So much for the "they were lovey-dovey;" or "he cared for them so much" or "he paid their bills."

Yep. Men who do that might be actually capable of killing. His defense of course knew he was guilty. They did their best, despite him.

OTOH, I think he came close to confessing, as he knows he's guilty. And his final expression as he was led out was resignation. If I were innocent, I'd still be stating it loudly, as I was led away. No reason not to.

IMO.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I sure hope SLED and all law enforcement agencies have learned from this case to stick with their training and not let anyone else tarnish their investigation . For goodness sakes, it goes back to Jon Benet and how family and friends ran all over the crime scene! Do your job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay