GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of John Marvin...I have no doubts JM was also especially helpful to AM immediately post murders.
I agree. However, I think that initially, the only way Alex could have have persuaded JMM to help him was to tell him it was a murder suicide. I can see AM manipulating JMM by saying "please help me protect the memory of Paul and Maggie...Paul is not a monster, he was driven to this by those awful people blaming him for the boat crash, we have to protect Buster and the rest of the family." Who knows what JMM ended up believing by the end of this trial, but there was no going back once he helped Alex. He was tangled up that web. JMO

Highly highly unlikely someone in the Courtroom whipped out a phone. The rows immediately behind Counsel are members of their team and Media. The Judge and bailiffs would have seen.

The screens facing the Gallery were covered whenever sensitive photos were shown to the Jury.

The leaked photos are Screenshots someone took off the live feed when the pool camera happened to catch the screen facing the Jury for a moment.
( Thev pool camera that videos AM walking out that door every day- the only camera allowed in the Courtroom)

I saw one very graphic SS on Twitter. Believe me I did not go looking for it. It showed up when I was searching AM name on Twitter. Wish I’d never seen it.

JMO
So sorry you had to see.:(
I appreciate all that you do for us on WS.
I’m so glad I’ve not happened upon those photos. The descriptions of Paul’s remains have been almost too much for me to stomach.

So, a lot of those youtube lawyers were way wrong, weren't they?!?!

And most of us here on WS were right. I just want to take a moment to relish that fact.
I know that advertisers and networks want viewers and the longer a trial and jury goes on, the more money they make especially if they have a lot of viewers. So, they are somewhat selling us their opinions for a pay check and for more advertising dollars. So, its up to us to sort through it all and pick our sources for information.

Yes! Those commentators (and certain voices here) were starting to get in my head a little bit yesterday, I must admit. Not that I had ANY doubt about his guilt, but i started really trying to work through and understand how anyone could be concluding that hung jury/ mistrial was a possibility. All that mental Houdini work I was doing for naught!!! Hallelujah!
My fear it would hang was based on the CSI Effect that sometimes infects jurors

Defense presser starts now. Dick Harpootlian says he doesn’t think it was a mistake to let Alex Murdaugh take the witness stand in his own defense.

SLED needs to do some self-examination, Harpootlian says. But he won’t lead the charge for that in the Senate. He says he won’t mix his two roles.

Harpootlian has no comment on Judge Clifton Newman’s statements that he agrees with the jury’s decision. “He’s entitled to an opinion.”

The defense confirms they will appeal. Jim Griffin says their strongest grounds for an appeal surround the admission of AM’s financial crimes.

“It was about character. It wasn’t about motive,” Harpootlian says of the financial crimes.

“We could have had Mother Theresa” up there speaking on behalf of Alex today, and Judge Newman was going to give AM a life sentence, Jim Griffin says of the lack of victim statements today. Why put Buster through more trauma, he said.

“Alex was not optimistic with all the scrutiny and the press and all of his bad acts being out there in the public” that he could get a fair jury who would look at his case impartially, Griffin says. “We were hoping to get a jury that could ignore the noise.”

“They won this case the day the judge bought into” the financial crimes motive theory, Harpootlian said.

The defense will appeal this conviction all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court, if necessary, Murdaugh’s attorneys say.

Harpootlian says he does not regret not asking for a change of venue in this case. He said the defense did focus groups all over the state. Everyone everywhere knew about this case. “There was nowhere we could go.”

Harpootlian says on the bright side, Jim Griffin can tweet again. That’s all.

I had to turn off the defense press conference. I cannot listen to them anymore.
you would have enjoyed hearing the defense lament that they had hoped the jurors would have turned off all of the noise and focus on the evidence. OBVIOUSLY THEY DID! listening to AM deflect, deny and lie about a lie, was well, THE NOISE! IMO

So sorry you had to see.:(
I appreciate all that you do for us on WS.
I’m so glad I’ve not happened upon those photos. The descriptions of Paul’s remains have been almost too much for me to stomach.
Thank you so much. it was truly horrible.

Just wanted to add that if there other photos leaked, I’m unaware of that. But I definitely know the one I saw was a screenshot of the monitor facing the Jury. It showed the white paper taped to the top of the monitor being pulled back and held by someone’s hand ( a lawyer I assume)

I hope in the future they figure out how to set up that Courtroom so the lawyers don’t have to get in that tiny space in front of the Jurybox to point things out on a monitor and demonstrate things.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member