GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the refrain, "I am here to answer any of your questions, Mr. Waters." Then, he proceeds to talk around and toss a word salad without answering the question. Everytime he said that in cross, I wanted to scream, "Just answer the question, then."
It was priceless. lol

Hate to see it:

WALTERBORO, S.C. — Alex Murdaugh, who was once like royalty in South Carolina's prosecutorial law, will spend nearly two months with "some of the most violent and dangerous offenders in the state," according to the state Department of Corrections.

For the next 45 days, Murdaugh will be housed in the city of Columbia's Kirkland Reception and Evaluation Center, which is a maximum-security, level-three facility that houses male offenders.

"As part of the intake process, like all inmates, (Murdaugh) will undergo medical tests, mental health and education assessments, and the South Carolina Department of Corrections will gather other additional background information," the SCDC said in a statement.

After the evaluation, Murdaugh will be sent to one of the state's maximum-security prisons to serve out his double life sentence, the SCDC said.

Why do you hate to see this?

wow Tinsley was just on Court TV and said he thinks or has indications that AM was planning the murders back in December 2020...just like he said to MM's sister, "the person who did this had been planning it for a long time."

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes of course I understand how discussion works and it can take a minute to clear up confusion on something. I was questioning what was the deal with the shotgun shells because I missed it. I don't think we've discussed it here that different shotgun shells might have meant 2 shooters. 2 guns yes, but not just the shotgun shells suggested 2 shooters. I found it an odd thing that's all. I get that it could have been cleared up very quickly for a switched vote. Could be as simple as misunderstanding something about the evidence.
no worries! yes possibly, confused about that. IIRC the defense simply wanted to create a 2 shooter scenario, very SHORT stature shooters (5'2 they said) casting doubt a person could use two weapons, one strapped on and another being used, or taking a second to drop that one and pick up the other. the big defense was a 6'4 person couldnt have done the shooting. yet there are too many variables, common sense, but an expert came on board to tell us, sure, on one knee, crouching, sitting in the golf cart, position of the weapon regardless of height and exactly where the shooter was.

its easier to track the trajectory, but not personal attributes or position of the shooter. IMO

No RM but JMM was seated next to BM.

(JMM also spent much of the time talking to a uniformed Bailiff -- probably seeking clues about AM's transport schedule and making sure that AM gets his favorite driver on his next journey to DOC). JMO
No RM but JMM was seated next to BM.

(JMM also spent much of the time talking to a uniformed Bailiff -- probably seeking clues about AM's transport schedule and making sure that AM gets his favorite driver on his next journey to DOC). JMO
JMM wasnt at the reading of the verdict.

one of my favorite lines on the case.
mine here, which is indicative of his grandiosity and trying to control the cross: questioned about his deceitfulness

Waters: you understand that we have to ask about these things because we’ve heard about it in a very academic paperwork manner but for every single one of these you had to sit down and look somebody in the eye and convince them that you were on their side when you were not, is that correct? It’s what you did with every single one of these?”

AM: Every time

Waters: Answer my question yes or no and then you can explain, I’ll let you explain all day long<---:D (darn near did)

AM: Well, no sir that may or may not be true, and Mr. Waters just to try and get through this quicker, I admit<---o_O

Waters: I know you want to get through it quicker but we’re not, so answer the question please.<---:D

Judge Newman was the best! His demeanour was so powerful. His character spoke for itself. He’s the type that you never want to stop listening to. He couldn’t be more perfect for AM.

Another great judge was the one on the Depp/Heard case ‘Judge Penny’. Similar to Newman in that she controlled her court quietly but also powerfully. It wasn’t an easy crowd in the gallery for her to keep under control. She also had to deal with a slew of characters with differing first time issues while testifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay