GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed about the pills, I think that's what he meant when he said 'but I figured it out' in the first car interview that night.
Two of his statements that night were so disturbing to me.

“I went up to it…”. IT?? Not “them”? They were objects? WTH?

And yes, the “and, I don’t know, I figured it out..” Figured what out? What was he referring to?

That “you know” phrase that he often interjects, it’s like he’s thinking of what to say, filling space with those words while he searches his mind.

The problem I have with AM killing MM for money, just didn't add up to me. AM had more than enough assets to cover everything he owed to the firm. Families in the south generally help each h
other out financially. We had an in law embezzle from the bank she worked. It was a big secret. The family paid the bank back in full, and the in law repaid the family. The family was shocked our nephew married such a woman.

I do think MM was trying to hide his assets in the wrongful death boating accident. This is why his assets were frozen.

I keep in mind, all of the accident victims were compensated by the boat insurance. The families were suing MM, BM, MM, PM and the bar for compensation, as well.

...Murdaugh's current assets:
  • Three bank accounts, containing a total of $10,000 in cash.
  • A retirement account worth somewhere between $2.1 and $2.2 million
  • An IRA retirement fund worth somewhere between $350,000 and $400,000
  • Real estate that Murdaugh has an interest in, along with other individuals, but can’t liquidate without court action, including a hunting club and some “small islands” around Beaufort County. Some of this real estate is owned through LLCs, Lay said.
Property records indicate that Murdaugh is listed as a co-owner of three wooded tracts totaling 30 acres amid the waterways of St. Helena Island. These tracts have a total estimated appraised value of $687,000, Beaufort County public records show.

Murdaugh's future assets:

• An estate trust that is expected to come to Murdaugh following the June 2021 death of his father, Randolph Murdaugh III. The amount of this trust and when it will transfer to Murdaugh isn’t known at this time, Lay said.
  • Probate assets that are expected to come to Murdaugh following the June 2021 death of his wife, Maggie Murdaugh, who was shot and killed at their Colleton County home along with their younger son, Paul.
These assets include a beach house on Edisto Island and the “Moselle” property where Murdaugh was living with his wife and younger son at the time of the double homicide. The Moselle property, which contains 11 parcels of land totaling 1,772.2 acres in both Colleton and Hampton counties, has a total appraised value of $934,800, according to Hampton and Colleton property tax records.
REPORTS said he took a couple of trips down to the Bahamas...need I saw more. This scum has money hidden all over.

IMO, respectfully, those that think those exclamation points denote something, I cannot assign commonality to punctuation marks across the board as possibly significant to him or anyone else :)....my own use shows weird characters at times because fingers moved over something. and talk text is even more misleading at times. :oops::)
I totally agree!!! I just dont see any specific connotation to exclamation points. Surprise? Anger? Agreement? i really dont know and dont understand the hair splitting. So he put a couple of exclamation points. Spoken words and tone would have ended this , not terribly important nit picking, imo. Nothing noteworthy in this. JMO

HHe
Eric Allen, the person took the footage with his drone, released a video a few days ago explaining how this all came to be. He comes across as incredibly sincere. He makes a point of mentioning in the description that he did not ask for any money, nor was he offered any money for the footage. He says he took the footage on Sept 21, 2021, just a few weeks after the roadside shooting. He also states that he took more footage than what Netflix ended up using in their documentary.

I had never heard of this person prior to seeing this video, and I think he does a really good job of walking us through the very real concerns he had ("oh man, what am I seeing? What does this mean? Do I need to give LE a heads up about this? What is the right thing to do here? Should I contact the family to let them know what I have?") Apparently, Netflix contacted him because they wanted to hire him to obtain drone footage for their documentary. They did not know he had this footage at that time.

Here is the link to the video-
Edited to add that I see as least 6 guns, possible 8, being carried out of the house by JMM and Buster. When they are carrying the guns in "gun bags" (I'm unfamiliar with guns, so basically I'm describing a softsided guitar case but for guns) it looks like they both might be carrying 3 guns each.
Hey guys, sorry to keep editing and adding to this, my coffee is taking long than usual to help dissipate my brain fog:)
I should have included that Mr. Allen did reach out to Mr. Creighton, the family, and LE/SLED (maybe he said retired Sled also) and did not hear back from Creighton or the family. He did speak with either SLED or retired SLED who intimated it probably wasn't anything nefarious, but if I remember correctly, they may have been the ones to encourage him to send it on to Creighton just in case. Please forgive me if have gotten parts of this patchwork summary wrong, I just didn't want to give the impression that the video was anything bigger than it is, or that it was somehow a "gotcha!"-type of thing. I have no idea if there's anything underhanded going on in the video, but I wanted to make sure I communicated the BIG point he makes is that the response he has received thus far by officials and other reporters in the area is that it is probably not significant in terms of the murder investigations. Ok, I'm done, so sorry for the length of this.

I watched this last night, but wasn’t sure if it was an allowed link. It’s an amazing video!!! The doctor goes into extensive detail about the family dynamics throughout the years of the Murdaugh dynasty, and the secrets that have been kept.
Agree!
One of the really informative and professional & respectful ones out there.
Their work on the Daybell case is so worth a dive

Edit to fix spelling

Last edited:
I have some personal experience as well as experience caring for someone taking increasing amounts of oxycodone for cancer pain. I just don't think his accounts of taking up to 60 (according to some reports) of the 30 mg pills per day or even half that amount is credible. That's nearly 2 g. Even after many years of addiction, he would have been experiencing severe bouts of constipation, stupor, and noticeably erratic behavior. Maybe it's not technically entirely impossible, but these amounts just seem way too exaggerated and maybe was intended to somehow bolster his case.

Further, to be getting such amounts through black market channels it seems almost certain he would have also encountered "fake" Rx pills that were actually substituted with various amounts of fentanyl. Supply chains of illicit real Rx drugs were undoubtedly disrupted by the crack down on "pill mills" and over prescribing that occurred during the prior 5-6 years. That would have made his adidiction far more erratic and would also be astonishing that he hadn't od'd on fentanyl before now.
AH! THE VOICE OF REASON! I dont know what he was taking as in amounts but he would be long dead at what he stated. All this black market stuff is laced with really awful compounds. i said essentially the same thing several days ago. He wasnt filling prescriptions at the drugstore...No doctor would prescribe in that amount for that long of a time and he would have run out of crooked doctors a long time ago.

There’s no doubt he has no shame, but I don’t think that’s why he stayed with them. He stayed with them to keep an eye on them, be in control. IMO.
i see that as being part of the coverup and today as they look back on that must be awful to realize what was happening. At the time it was so beyond the scope of what they could believe...I mean by most accounts no warnings at all.

Eric Allen, the person took the footage with his drone, released a video a few days ago explaining how this all came to be. He comes across as incredibly sincere. He makes a point of mentioning in the description that he did not ask for any money, nor was he offered any money for the footage. He says he took the footage on Sept 21, 2021, just a few weeks after the roadside shooting. He also states that he took more footage than what Netflix ended up using in their documentary.

I had never heard of this person prior to seeing this video, and I think he does a really good job of walking us through the very real concerns he had ("oh man, what am I seeing? What does this mean? Do I need to give LE a heads up about this? What is the right thing to do here? Should I contact the family to let them know what I have?") Apparently, Netflix contacted him because they wanted to hire him to obtain drone footage for their documentary. They did not know he had this footage at that time.

Here is the link to the video-
Edited to add that I see as least 6 guns, possible 8, being carried out of the house by JMM and Buster. When they are carrying the guns in "gun bags" (I'm unfamiliar with guns, so basically I'm describing a softsided guitar case but for guns) it looks like they both might be carrying 3 guns each.
I discovered Eric watching an early on one about the boat crash and Mallory Beach death
His visuals of the river both by drone and boat filming really captivating as well as his personality

Two of his statements that night were so disturbing to me.

“I went up to it…”. IT?? Not “them”? They were objects? WTH?

And yes, the “and, I don’t know, I figured it out..” Figured what out? What was he referring to?

That “you know” phrase that he often interjects, it’s like he’s thinking of what to say, filling space with those words while he searches his mind.
i would guess many are still divided on what he said about "I did them so bad" vs "They did them so bad". I heard I in the playback at normal speed...on the slower playback it was not so clear and could have been either. I will always think he slipped and said I. He has relatively few slips for someone taking that number of pills. That night I found the repeated asking if they are dead interesting...it was more in a tone of I just want to make sure and seemed nervous that one would survive and talk. Also bringing up the boat within minutes of LE arrival. Come on.

I have some personal experience as well as experience caring for someone taking increasing amounts of oxycodone for cancer pain. I just don't think his accounts of taking up to 60 (according to some reports) of the 30 mg pills per day or even half that amount is credible. That's nearly 2 g. Even after many years of addiction, he would have been experiencing severe bouts of constipation, stupor, and noticeably erratic behavior. Maybe it's not technically entirely impossible, but these amounts just seem way too exaggerated and maybe was intended to somehow bolster his case.

Further, to be getting such amounts through black market channels it seems almost certain he would have also encountered "fake" Rx pills that were actually substituted with various amounts of fentanyl. Supply chains of illicit real Rx drugs were undoubtedly disrupted by the crack down on "pill mills" and over prescribing that occurred during the prior 5-6 years. That would have made his adidiction far more erratic and would also be astonishing that he hadn't od'd on fentanyl before now.

People take fentanyl. If they don't die on their first dose, it's because they've "graduated" up the opiate ladder. Fentanyl is about 7X stronger than oxycodone (views on the ratio vary). They get to that level of addiction somehow. One study shows that the "average" oxycontin abuser (not oxycodone) is at around 185mg a day - that means the outliers on the upper side are likely at 600 mg a day. That would be 20 pills at 30mg for Alec. I can see him doing that on a steady basis. And of course, he was a big guy.

I think the account of 60 pills is exaggerated - although notice that no one asked him the dosage of those pills. We know about the 30 mg pills, but for all we know, he was using 10 mg pills throughout (much more typical street dose).

I don't really care if Alec was able/unable to estimate his dosage, I'm just convinced that he was severely addicted and probably in that category who might graduate to heroin or fentanyl (heroin would have been cheaper but so declassé; white collar professional opiate users prefer Rx opiates, IMO and IME - there are also studies).

Of course, I think Alec was heavily involved in moving opiate pills around SC. I don't think he was going to a regular dealer - I think he probably was a dealer himself and that he may even be charged for it some day. But yes, the crackdown on pills were making his life pure hell, as he had to really worry about supply, even in his position. At the same time, this "crackdown" has not entirely limited the circulation of opiates, especially for the well-heeled.

The below data from NIH show no significant drop in deaths from opiate overdoses - just a brief slump:

FMPOV, Alec Murdaugh did indeed struggle with opiates, specifically oxycontin. Getting to 1000 mg a day is not completely unheard of. And every single person who is addicted to opiates suffers constipation, etc., but they do it anyway.

The only explanation I have for Alec not taking fentanyl instead is that he likely tried to do that thing where high functioning opiate addicts vary their doses or take "drug vacations" where they take less for two days, then back up again. To keep from having to go to fentanyl. There are a number of doctors who are themselves using opiates regularly who have written about their practices.

IMO.

Last edited:
Hunting dogs are trained to return birds that were shot by “gumming” the bird - not to chew on the bird. Yes, Alex did confess on the stand during his rambling that the bird did die.
Thank you. Perhaps it was a riddle: AM tells the dead chicken story where most will think Bubba killed the chicken when it was AM who used his bare hands to kill the chicken-- moments before taking the lives of his family. I can imagine AM sitting in his cell thinking he had the last laugh -- taunting his captive audience. AM is one sick puppy....

I think him taking that much isn't out of the question in my mind. I think people have and do have this level of addiction.

What I question is NOONE knew? No coworkers, no friends, nobody except Paul and Maggie and Buster somewhat (he seems to be living away from the house and maybe not in the day to day businesses like Paul was in spring 2021).

In 20 years he said he went to detox 2X first in 2017 and then one other time between 2017 and 2021. So for the first what 15 years he was on pills, did he self regulate so well? After the first detox then did he need to build tolerance again? Then he did another in patient detox and he also said he tried to detox on his own also. So if his tolerance was so high, then is it even safe detoxing on your own? How did his law partners never see him during these times? Was he never sick or did he just what blame something else?

I just don't believe that he did that much and if he did, then I don't believe that nobody except Paul and Maggie knew. There is just no way in my mind that he was never acting suspicious, needing to leave early or looking sick when he ran out or something. No way he just worked like normal, met deadlines, never got tripped up at work, not a soul saw him taking pills.. I mean nothing, never, not once?

Then the final thing is he just couldn't or wouldn't describe what a typical day was like taking the pills. Maybe because he just didn't take that many. I believe he used them, I think someone can abuse them and not be taking that many. I think someone can be addicted as in depending on them to not have pain, but also not be using them to "get high" and not to the level he claims. Maybe he needed them for pain, I can believe that. I can believe he took too many and became dependent on them. I don't know that I believe he was taking 60 pills a day, but sometime more and sometime less. He lied about everything else so I think it's likely he is also lying about this.

Another face of AM, right after being asked by CW if he was a "family annihilator". It was this reaction that cemented to me that he was capable of unspeakable violence if he felt his public image was about to be tarnished.

View attachment 407166

Video Source:
What got me was he repeated that question. WHY? That is SO simple.. NO. Well I guess if you really are you repeat the question. Evil that's what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member