GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
all she said is it went to motive and how he thinks.....that was allowed and I can't imagine any court in SC overturning this judge.

She said they could only use it for motive, which was correct. But then it seemed to me like she got more into the character aspects of it.

I don't see a SC appellate court siding against Judge Newman, but there are always higher courts.

Hopefully I'm just being a nervous nellie because I hate juror interviews and always pick them apart.

Can't really complain about the efficiency of the SC district trial court here but this quick opinion definitely marks the difference between State and Federal courts!
I was so stunned at the quick sentencing...tomorrow 930 says CW. Wow. It had obviously been discussed that no one would speak....what a fitting end to this horrific man's day in court and he goes down in a courthouse with so many family history.

She said they could only use it for motive, which was correct. But then it seemed to me like she got more into the character aspects of it.

I don't see a SC appellate court siding against Judge Newman, but there are always higher courts.

Hopefully I'm just being a nervous nellie because I hate juror interviews and always pick them apart.
I agree Gardenista...might do better to keep quiet given the situation.

I found it interesting that one of them said you could see the kennels from the house. I didn't realize that.
I did not either, thought you could just see the lights above the trees. The defense did a good job of making it seem more removed from the house then it was. I’m glad they took the jury out there. moo

I bet we are going to hear something from the defense on her comment about the financial crimes. I hope I'm wrong.
I was just thinking the same at first...."he was very convincing and manipulative" seems to be judging his charactor, which the judge said was not to be considered when thinking of the financial crimes. I think there are two ways to consider those words that juror said. Using that information to consider AM a bad man with a terribly lacking character...a no-no inference...OR...Using that information as just straight up fact that AM had a talent to successfully deceive and manipulate. When that "talent" collapsed it helped to change AM's mindset about what his actions were now going to be going forward.

That to me is a perfect interpretation of using that information of deception and manipulation collapse to describe AM's frame of mind and actions...his motive being formed. AJMO

I was just thinking the same at first...."he was very convincing and manipulative" seems to be judging his charactor, which the judge said was not to be considered when thinking of the financial crimes. I think there are two ways to consider those words that juror said. Using that information to consider AM a bad man with a terribly lacking character...a no-no inference...OR...Using that information as just straight up fact that AM had a talent to successfully deceive and manipulate. When that "talent" collapsed it helped to change AM's mindset about what his actions were now going to be going forward.

That to me is a perfect interpretation of using that information of deception and manipulation collapse to describe AM's frame of mind and actions...his motive being formed. AJMO
I think the message that hit home with the jurors was this man sitting so close to them...slobbering in front of them is a master at lying and looking you in the eye...time after time people got on the stand and said this happened to them and yet as jurors they were asked to believe he is now telling the truth?

"he was very convincing and manipulative" this type of opinion could also describe the credibility of a witness ? Alex made his credibility an issue when he testified.

"he was very convincing and manipulative" this type of opinion could also describe the credibility of a witness ? Alex made his credibility an issue when he testified.
and jurors have the right to evaluate the credibilty of each witness including any defendant that gets on the stand. Big mistake in this case but so glad he did.

Last edited:

And I don't think the USSC will overturn the SC SC on this case, either.

IMO

Three jurors from the closely watched Alex Murdaugh trial speak out about the case and the verdict. “The kennel video definitely played a major part,” one said

Thanks for the video.

Did anybody else think it was odd that juror McDowell said, "Throughout the case, a lot of people would talk about how we didn't have a notepad in the jury room?"

That sounds like he was looking at media during the trial. Maybe he meant he looked at the coverage after? This is why I would never speak to media if I were a juror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member