SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's information on the South Carolina State Ethics Commission’s public disclosure websites. FEC records show AM made a $2,700 donation to Biden For President in April 2020, as well as a $2,700 donation for Hillary For America in June 2015. At the state level, SEC records show a total of about $140,000 in donations made between AM, his wife, brother, father and law firm over the past decade in the state House and Senate, Charleston mayoral, and local Clerk of Court and City Council races.
Is there a column for Big Fat Envelope Stuffed with Cash?

I also think that AM really needed his pills after being confronted at his law office. I think he rode around with Paul that day to talk him into giving him his pills and getting more and more angry. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. He went berserk.
I respectfully disagree. no one knows except AM what transpired that day. we have the tree video, thats about it that he was interacting with PM earlier. we have the video/audio that ruins his alibi "he was never at the kennels'.....anything else he said, riding around, tiptoeing through the dead dandelion patch that day with PM, cannot be accepted as fact due to PM cant speak and neither can MM to agree or deny.

Every answer was deflected with a somewhat useless narrative. even when talking with LE, first interview, dash cam, ..."I called 911 pretty much right away and SHE WAS VERY GOOD". <-----critiquing the 911 operator????!!! what relevance does that have??? sociopath IMO

A thought and a question.

AM had gone from big trouble to biggest trouble and he didn't have the resources to fix his financial crimes as well as keep his lifestyle (and any criminal ops) PLUS he definitely didn't have the resources to protect Pau-Pau from his charges and likely prison time (if found guilty). He also didn't need MM, and "basically" saw her as a financial hindrance for the rest of his life. JMO

A general legal question... if a state (any US state) AG's office offers their assistance in a case does this mean a big boost in funds for the prosecution?? TIA!

Last edited:
I also think that AM really needed his pills after being confronted at his law office. I think he rode around with Paul that day to talk him into giving him his pills and getting more and more angry. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. He went berserk.
With the amount of pills AM alleges he took in a day I would wager a bet one bag of pills being taken from him wasn’t the reason behind the murders. If he was taking as much as he alleges he had plenty of pills available to him. jmo

Why? He could have gotten pills from a bunch of places. It's not like Paul was his drug dealer and/or the gatekeeper for AM to find drugs.
That is not at all what I was saying. Paul would look for and find his pill stash to keep his father from taking the pills. I think that AM needed them and he knew that Paul most likely had them and he wanted them back. I also think that the bag of pills is what he was after when he turned Paul and went into his pocket. I do not think he was after the phone. I think it was a combination of being caught stealing, the boat suit and his addiction. I do believe that MM was considering a divorce. JMO.

BBM from the article.

"..In the months after the murders, Murdaugh put Moselle on the market and it is currently under offer for a $3.9m bid from a mystery buyer.

The property was first listed in February 2022 – eight months after Maggie and Paul’s murders and five months before Murdaugh was charged with them – under a new name of Cross Swamp Farm.

It was later changed back to Moselle Farm.

According to the listing by the Crosby Land Co. of Colleton County, Moselle consists of 1,772 acres of “an unusually diverse habitat with varying forest types and age class distribution”.

“The landscape includes productive pine plantations, open fallow fields, and mature stands of mixed pine/hardwood, those upland regions give way to the flat bottomland of the Salkehatchie River Basin,” it reads.

“The property boasts over 2.5 miles of river frontage, offering freshwater fishing, kayaking, and abundant deer, turkey, and waterfowl populations.”

The family home was built in 2011 and consists of four bedrooms and 3.5 baths, meaning it could “easily be converted into a weekend hunting lodge with the capability to sleep up to 15 people”, the listing reads.

“This is truly a top-tier property, complete with all the improvements and amenities one would expect from a high-end sporting property with little or no deferred maintenance cost,” it reads.

A buyer – said to be a local landowner – put in an offer in June 2022. But the sale was put on hold when Murdaugh was accused of trying to offload his assets to avoid paying up in a string of lawsuits he is facing, prompting a court to freeze his assets.."
I have suspicions that the buyer is related to the M's in some way. JMO

That is not at all what I was saying. Paul would look for and find his pill stash to keep his father from taking the pills. I think that AM needed them and he knew that Paul most likely had them and he wanted them back. I also think that the bag of pills is what he was after when he turned Paul and went into his pocket. I do not think he was after the phone. I think it was a combination of being caught stealing, the boat suit and his addiction. I do believe that MM was considering a divorce. JMO.

It sounded like the implication was that he would murder Paul in order to get pills out of his possession. If that's not what you were saying, then my apologies for misunderstanding.

ETA: I could see him checking PM's pockets for pills after the fact, but I don't think that would be the motive or reasoning behind the murders. JMO

Respectfully, for decades, life insurance wouldn't pay in the event of death by suicide, and not until Insurers were forced on the issue did they begin to include suicide clauses in policies restricting the terms for exclusion which is typically 24 months. While double indemnity often covers death by accident, it doesn't follow that suicide would ever be included here. JMO
I get the suicide clause and the waiting period on policies, I was thinking that he originally said someone tried to kill him because of a double indemnity and that's where he got the $10M figure. He quickly went with his misunderstanding of the suicide clause when he knew the attempted murder by an unknown gunman wasn't going to fly and then said the amount of the policy is $12M. What I'm curious about now is the insurance fraud charge for this roadside incident. There must be an actual policy or he wouldn't be charged with fraud so did he think that he wouldn't be convicted of fraud if it was only a plan?
moo

In my world, it's the Prosecution's burden to prove guilt BARD. And it's the Defense's burden to uphold their client's rights throughout the process. Both sides carry the burden as officers of the court to be decent.

I stand behind rigorous defenses.

I see no value in a dirty defense.

The court of law should be about truth and justice.

Not smoke and mirrors.

JMO

I have suspicions that the buyer is related to the M's in some way. JMO

I’m thinking a Boulware.

There’s a nice hunting lodge just NW on the same river. For those that are looking for a nice place close to moselle to hunt.

Check out the link.

I’m thinking a Boulware.

There’s a nice hunting lodge just NW on the same river. For those that are looking for a nice place close to moselle to hunt.

Check out the link.
Good find! I think you may be on to something.

I thought AW was too much about reciting his own participation in the trial. “We worked really hard” wasn’t the appropriate thing to say. The last week of the trial he went to an evening event and was taking credit for his involvement in the trial. He should have let CW & crew be in the spotlight more. He talked too much and he fit the narrative of being a voted in politician.
I am pages behind. I did not know this, and you are right, he should not have done that either especially with the trial ongoing. But it was a high profile trial and that comes with the territory. He is an elected official and his office had to do it because other Solicitors were too connected to Alex. He should have let Waters and the rest take credit for their hard work.

I came across this article which kind of sums everything up, thus far, with a nice little bow.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member