SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure y’all discussed this, but i have been on a much needed vacation: what do you all make of the smile in the new mug shot? And, IMHO, his eyes actually look animated and excited…. ? very strange reaction to being booked into prison…

On another note, yesterday because of traffic problems on I-95, we found ourselves driving RIGHT through Hampton County and Estille. I honestly think i saw the entrance to Moselle. It was a very strange experience after watching the trial. Even from the perspective of a South Carolinian, I was surprised by how seemingly deserted the entire area was,.

When all this happened and I looked on Google Earth to see where Hampton County was, it struck me as a bit odd that AM never gave the impression he was concerned for his own safety after finding the bodies. Maybe I've just watched too much Dateline, but if I lived in the boonies and I found my family was gunned down and it was dark outside, I'd be pretty darn concerned I might be next. To me, that made me think that perhaps AM knew that HE was not in danger because he caused it or knew who did.

When all this happened and I looked on Google Earth to see where Hampton County was, it struck me as a bit odd that AM never gave the impression he was concerned for his own safety after finding the bodies. Maybe I've just watched too much Dateline, but if I lived in the boonies and I found my family was gunned down and it was dark outside, I'd be pretty darn concerned I might be next. To me, that made me think that perhaps AM knew that HE was not in danger because he caused it or knew who did.
clearly his lack of concern for himself and remaining son Buster was telling. In retrospect as so much of this came out in trial even members of his immediate family in court had to start realizing there could only be one killer. That limited time reward that was out there was just a ruse. Clearly in the beginning Maggie's sister and family did not think Alex was responsible as they set out on a trip to I think it was Key West with him that Paul's friend Tuten mentioned. He took they to the airport. That was about a month after the murders.The crime itself was so poorly planned and executed. His behavior afterward that he thought was so cleaver was just so transparent. For the "smartest guy in the room" he sure looked dumb in that courtroom.

I don't think it's as complicated as many continue to opine.

AM is an instant gratification kind of guy and always has been. I think he really believed his plan to blame the crime on an unknown boating accident follower(s) would work, and now that it failed, he'll readjust and focus on how to achieve getting his needs met behind prison bars.

Just as the jurors didn't overanalyze AM, his human behavior is not that complicated. AM loves only AM. Period. MOO

clearly his lack of concern for himself and remaining son Buster was telling. In retrospect as so much of this came out in trial even members of his immediate family in court had to start realizing there could only be one killer. That limited time reward that was out there was just a ruse. Clearly in the beginning Maggie's sister and family did not think Alex was responsible as they set out on a trip to I think it was Key West with him that Paul's friend Tuten mentioned. He took they to the airport. That was about a month after the murders.The crime itself was so poorly planned and executed. His behavior afterward that he thought was so cleaver was just so transparent. For the "smartest guy in the room" he sure looked dumb in that courtroom.
Agreed, but when you love and trust someone as long as they did, it's like grieving. They were grieving potentially 3 losses, and Denial is one stage of grieving, often the first. I am sure Shock played a huge part, not being able to comprehend such an horrific possibility.
I hope that after the Trial, most will realize the truth, that their love don killed two other loved ones. OTOH, I think there will be some in his own family and friends, who benefitted much from his dastardly deeds, even participating/covering up, that they can not allow themselves to even consider the horrors, which they may have(even, unwittingly) have played a part in. Plenty of Shady people IMPOV. So sad overall. MOO

Everytime I rewatch a video of testimony or interrogation or listen to the 911 calls I find another piece of something that I missed the first, 2nd and 3rd time. The echo of his voice on the first 911 call placing him inside the car and then when he's outside the car you can hear the dogs barking. Also, it went right over my head that he would have to pass by Maggie if he went to Paul first..why do that? So many little things I missed that now I'm wondering if I was paying attention at all the first time around. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's as complicated as many continue to opine.

AM is an instant gratification kind of guy and always has been. I think he really believed his plan to blame the crime on an unknown boating accident follower(s) would work, and now that it failed, he'll readjust and focus on how to achieve getting his needs met behind prison bars.

Just as the jurors didn't overanalyze AM, his human behavior is not that complicated. AM loves only AM. Period. MOO
true the jurors seemed to distill it down very fast to video and performance on the stand. All the talk about this being such a "complex" case was really not true.

Everytime I rewatch a video of testimony or interrogation or listen to the 911 calls I find another piece of something that I missed the first, 2nd and 3rd time. The echo of his voice on the first 911 call placing him inside the car and then when he's outside the car you can hear the dogs barking. Also, it went right over my head that he would have to pass by Maggie if he went to Paul first..why do that? So many little things I missed that now I'm wondering if I was paying attention at all the first time around. :rolleyes:
Yes, very insightful and so true. I’ve also always wondered about that initial echo as well…. when he I believe says, ‘my wife and son have been shot, badly’. I don’t think it is in any other recordings like that? And he was then later seen on initial responder video with the white t-shirt, shorts, glasses on his head, and a flashlight.

I don’t disagree that he was inside something to create that echo. I just wonder if a vehicle’s acoustics would have led to that loud echo? I can’t recall the entire scene or location, but wonder if other areas and acoustics might also help answer that. Aren’t there tin roofs on some of the buildings and sheds? Above the kennels? And what about that small room where I believe the son was slain? And if this needs another go around or ‘do over’, perhaps that answer could help. IMO. And I also hope that any appeal attempts are futile and there is no need for a retrial.

It was overwhelming and so much to process!

Yes, very insightful and so true. I’ve also always wondered about that initial echo as well…. when he I believe says, ‘my wife and son have been shot, badly’. I don’t think it is in any other recordings like that? And he was then later seen on initial responder video with the white t-shirt, shorts, glasses on his head, and a flashlight.

I don’t disagree that he was inside something to create that echo. I just wonder if a vehicle’s acoustics would have led to that loud echo? I can’t recall the entire scene or location, but wonder if other areas and acoustics might also help answer that. Aren’t there tin roofs on some of the buildings and sheds? Above the kennels? And what about that small room where I believe the son was slain? And if this needs another go around or ‘do over’, perhaps that answer could help. IMO. And I also hope that any appeal attempts are futile and there is no need for a retrial.
I believe it's his Bluetooth car stereo that's causing the echo when he's using the handsfree function...like feedback caused by using two microphones at the same time: one microphone built-in on the cell phone, one microphone built-in on the car stereo. His phone was paired with his car.

For all the talk about the phone signal not being consistent at the kennels and other places around there, he certainly didn't have a bit of trouble calling anyone or staying on his calls to various people. Seems not one call was dropped and there wasn't any gaps between his calls when he said he didn't have service. He must have known exactly where to stand.

I liked her from the beginning. She didn't know the family, and has a great background, acting professional the whole time. I felt she was suspicious from the time of the in car questioning. Very aware/observant, and also good with reading him.

I believe it's his Bluetooth car stereo that's causing the echo when he's using the handsfree function...like feedback caused by using two microphones at the same time: one microphone built-in on the cell phone, one microphone built-in on the car stereo. His phone was paired with his car.

For all the talk about the phone signal not being consistent at the kennels and other places around there, he certainly didn't have a bit of trouble calling anyone or staying on his calls to various people. Seems not one call was dropped and there wasn't any gaps between his calls when he said he didn't have service. He must have known exactly where to stand.
Nice input and thank you for the superb sleuthing. And if that be the case, then timing for those electronic devices, location, etc. could also be all the more important and helpful. Depending on when those devices paired, or whatever the terms are - that might show how quickly he arrived on the scene, and how much/little time elapsed when he called 911. Maybe more time compression; that would elicit whether he had truly examined the scene in depth upon arriving back at the kennels. Or, was it already evident when he apparently first left the scene with the victims already lain there? (Then again….. perhaps that was already shown by evidence and testimony and I am simply unaware and missed that angle.) MOO.

“A few days ago, I received a complaint from a member of the public that a juror had engaged in improper conversations with parties not associated with the case,” Judge Clifton Newman explained. “I communicated and provided a copy of the communications to defense counsel. After court, we then met with the juror on the record.”

The juror, however, said the claims against her were fabricated – saying she didn’t discuss the case with anyone on or off the jury.

“She provided information that led us to – the court to – contact the persons that she was suspected of having the conversations with concerning the case,” Newman went on. “Those persons were interviewed and provided an affidavit regarding the contact that the juror had with them. We then also brought those two individuals in and had a hearing in chambers, on the record, in the presence of counsel yesterday in which both of those individuals waffled on the nature and the extent of the contact.”

….

Newman said he and attorneys on both sides spoke with the female juror, No. 785, who denied she had discussed the case, but the other individuals had provided affidavits to their contact with her about the case, Newman said. He added those individuals “waffled on the nature and extent of the contact” when he spoke to them in his chambers.

Seems she may have alluded to defense to ng verdict.

Jmo
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Judge Newman certainly knows how to keep order in his court. Imo, No. 785 lied about the allegations ... so glad that No. 785 was dismissed.

I have never understood the benefit of telling first responders or LE that he checked Paul first (bypassing his wife).
He jaunted straight to Paul because, in moo, he had something he wanted. His phone or pills.

me too! the full 911 call. and his first interview, dash cam.

yes, first he wanted to say he went to his wife and corrected himself, saying he went to paul first...because why? IMO, because in the front of his mind he just had to disclose he moved or tried to move his body because he wanted to get ahead in the questioning, to infer 'honesty' "as to what he did first".

first responder interview posted by Derph (thank you)....it was interesting they felt he had help cleaning up...things to be disposed of: weapons, shoes, clothes. and as they said, he certainly was not wearing the same clothes if he handled Paul. It would have been interesting if LE would have asked him in the dash cam interview about his clothes after handling Paul.:eek:

his pristine clothes and movements, broken down alibi, commentaries that appeared as distractions but if listening closely, like LE (and the jurors), so much voluntary information was provided that did him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18