SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdaugh Family Murders: Curtis 'Eddie' Smith Bond Hearing​

Judge Newman reinstated CES bond. His bondman was also present in court.

Charges against Smith include money laundering, forgery, trafficking methamphetamine, unlawful possession of a schedule II narcotic, possession of marijuana and criminal conspiracy.

Oh boy

“I think I love you,” Nicollete K. wrote to Murdaugh on March 12, 2023 – nine days after his arrival at Kirkland. “I think about you all day everyday. I swear on my life I’ll never say a single word to anyone important or not important. I genuinely care for you.”

Oh boy

“I think I love you,” Nicollete K. wrote to Murdaugh on March 12, 2023 – nine days after his arrival at Kirkland. “I think about you all day everyday. I swear on my life I’ll never say a single word to anyone important or not important. I genuinely care for you.”

1f92e.png

Murdaugh Family Murders: Curtis 'Eddie' Smith Bond Hearing​

Judge Newman reinstated CES bond. His bondman was also present in court.

Charges against Smith include money laundering, forgery, trafficking methamphetamine, unlawful possession of a schedule II narcotic, possession of marijuana and criminal conspiracy.
Was intrigued if I heard and understood correctly…… so is it the case that this defendant, Mr. Smith, was shackled and had a waist chain on while in this court?
That seems to be a differentiation from the prior defendant, Mr. Murdaugh, in this courtroom.
This just seems a bit inequitable perhaps? MOO.

Was intrigued if I heard and understood correctly…… so is it the case that this defendant, Mr. Smith, was shackled and had a waist chain on while in this court?
That seems to be a differentiation from the prior defendant, Mr. Murdaugh, in this courtroom.
In this case, I believe Mr. Smith was allowed to "dress out" for court but remained with some type of shackle and with guards at each side as there were no jurors present.

Based on my observation, seems to me that SC District Court is very generous in allowing defendants to dress out for bond appearances and arraignments. JMO

Because there was no jury there. It's too prejudicial for a jury to see a defendant in shackles.

I'd say JMM and the rest of the family retrieved the weapons not in use by the State in the case. There were a lot of guns there at one time.

moo
I saw the photos when the weapons were retrieved from Moselle but I was wondering if they were sold after being retrieved as that size collection of firearms would have added big $$ to Maggie’s estate — inherited by Alec — and thus a bigger pot for his victims. Call me cynical but it may be those who retrieved are now enjoying the guns. We’ve never heard that there was a gun sale, have we?

Moo.

Oh boy

Will we soon see him on ads for “Life During Lockup”?

I saw the photos when the weapons were retrieved from Moselle but I was wondering if they were sold after being retrieved as that size collection of firearms would have added big $$ to Maggie’s estate — inherited by Alec — and thus a bigger pot for his victims. Call me cynical but it may be those who retrieved are now enjoying the guns. We’ve never heard that there was a gun sale, have we?

Moo.
IMO, MM did not own any firearms. Depending on the State, collecting and securing registered firearms is a serious matter as is who is able to legally sell them. I see a situation where these guns were all registered to AM who soon after was incarcerated, and where under federal law, a felon can't possess, or even be near where firearms are stored. In other words, it's somewhat more complicated than selling the Moselle matching leather sofas at auction. MOO

IMO, MM did not own any firearms. Depending on the State, collecting and securing registered firearms is a serious matter as is who is able to legally sell them. I see a situation where these guns were all registered to AM who soon after was incarcerated, and where under federal law, a felon can't possess, or even be near where firearms are stored. In other words, it's somewhat more complicated than selling the Moselle matching leather sofas at auction. MOO
Thank you for explaining. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member