SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something very awkward about that exchange. IMO there was some inflection and implied eye-winking.

My paraphrase, from memory:

The syntax was off.

Do you want to go dove-hunting at Moselle?

No, why would I?

Because it's been a while. There's A LOT ...of deer there.... (bucks?)

No? Do you mind if I have Jim do it?

Jim? Jim who? Why would he? Does he know HOW to dove hunt?

Have Jim do it? DO dove hunting? Is that how people refer to it? I have nephews who hunt. They hunt deer. They deer hunt. I've never once heard then say they DO deer hunting. Or DO deer hunt.

Is there a deer stand or some such at Moselle that was used as a drop?

If Alec was up to no good, and I expect he was, it must stink to be him if you need agents and runners and you can't talk straight.

Sorry, not sorry.

But I do wonder if Jim did ever make it to Moselle to "dove hunt".

Family banking system?

JMO
RBBM

MOO…

IIRC, BM said (in ref to JG)
“Does he know how to facilitate a dove hunt?”
Even more interesting, IMO.

MOO…

It does sound like code to me. Tho I have no strong opinion as to code for what.

It is possible, however, that they are referring to leading/organizing/ guiding a hunt for profit. That is a thing. And you don’t necessarily have to be a hunter to do so.

I still can't believe he took the stand. I would have bet literally everything on NOT A CHANCE IN HELL that he would take the stand. I'm still floored. Not sure why the decision was made for him to testify. I'm assuming he demanded to take the stand against the advice of his council? ... or if it was the strategy of the defense team, maybe they just felt like maybe with his incredibly emotional testimony that maybe just maybe they could sway one juror in pity? Also, since he's a "seasoned prosecutor" (eyeroll) it's not his first rodeo in the court room. He can handle talking to prosecutors and knows the right things to say and knows what questions they will ask and (most importantly) he knows how to lie through his teeth and tell a bull *advertiser censored* story just as good as any other prosecutor in the nation. But, Again, I'm still shocked. Never in a million years would I have thought he would take the stand. To me, it may even be the "most shocking decision to testify in one's own defense" of all time. Although I will say this: as of lately, defendants taking the stand in their own defense is a statistic that's been steadily trending on the rise as of late ... it's just crazy because it used to be almost unheard of until recently.
Welcome to WS, @BrookeManning !

I agree it was a bit of a shocker AM took the stand and testified in his own defense.

I think he was waiting and watching how the trial was proceeding and whether things were looking to be going in his favor or not for the first few weeks.

Then he decided as testimony was winding down that his defense needed that extra "oomph" of him defending himself in front of the jury.

I think he insisted over the objections of his defense attorneys, who thought it was risky and could backfire on him, and it did, IMO.

When his defense team were holding a press conference outside the courthouse after the sentencing, DH said this (around minute 6 of the 14 minute video linked below) in response to a question from a reporter that is difficult to hear, but after speaking about the financial crimes they had objected to being allowed at trial (BBM):

"... once they got this character information that he's a thief and he's a liar, then, um, it dictated this jury had to believe he was a despicable human being, and not to be believed, so we believed, so it was about character, it wasn't about motive, so as a result our options were limited. Should he take the stand? Well, you know, we debated that, that he always wanted to take the stand, but once that information was in, I mean, he Had To Take The Stand to explain the kennel video, the lie if you will. But he had no credibility. His Credibility Had Been Stripped Away, by the uh, financial misdeeds."

Netflix also contacted him besides his "admirers."

According to the prison message log, Murdaugh was also contacted by Netflix, specifically “Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal” producer Mike Gasparro, who begged the imprisoned former legal scion to grant a jailhouse interview.

"We feel at this point it's very important to have your voice in the [remainder] of our series," Gasparro stated in his letter to Murdaugh, according to FITSNews. "Our first three episodes [were] viewed by 40 million households and also 75 million hours [were] watched in just ten days. Those numbers will continue to rise. We believe you can have the largest platform on TV if you are willing to speak to us."

Alex Murdaugh Sentencing

This is tooooooooooooooo weird. Did you all check it out? The guy even gives his name. No shame. OMHO.

Dear Lord, please protect Buster from these kinds of people. MOO.

I had to look. It is the saddest thing to see pairs of socks and a candle for sale. There is no level to which people will sink.....

WE ARE SO VERY CLOSE. WE NEED 350 DOLLARS IN DONATIONS TO REACH OUR GOAL TO KEEP WEBSLEUTHS GOING.
Every month for about 228 months (that is 19 years) I have gladly paid the bills. Rarely over the 19 years have I asked for your help. THANK YOU to all who have donated. I will post an announcement and stop accepting donations when we reach our goal!
Please use PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
If the PayPal link does not work for you go to www.paypal.com and put in the email websleuths.com@gmail.com and you can send a donation that way.
Venmo name is Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

(PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS DONATIONS ON THIS THREAD. CLICK HERE FOR DISCUSSION AND MORE INFORMATION)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Tricia

Alex Murdaugh's secret prison location revealed​

Tue, April 11, 2023 at 11:50 AM EDT

Convicted murderer Alex Murdaugh has been assigned to McCormick Correctional Institution in South Carolina near the Georgia border, Fox News Digital has learned.

Murdaugh's new home is a maximum security prison, about 40 miles north of Augusta, Georgia, located on the aptly named road Redemption Way.

"Inmates in this unit have validated protective concerns and are placed in a specialized unit to separate them from the general population," the release says. "Their location is not disclosed for safety and security reasons."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230411-151132.png
    Screenshot_20230411-151132.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

In his six-page denial of Laffitte’s motion, Gergel wrote that if he were to order a new trial on the basis of Murdaugh’s testimony that Laffitte didn’t knowingly participate in bank fraud crimes, he would have to find that Murdaugh is a credible witness whose testimony would likely “produce an acquittal.”

But, Gergel wrote, “Evidence offered during (Laffitte’s) trial established without question that Murdaugh is a serial liar and fraudster who stole from his clients and law partners. He now stands convicted of the double homicide of his wife and son. It is difficult to imagine a less credible witness under these circumstances.”

As a slide guitar enthusiast watching these docs on AM like the American Greed rerun tonight, they sure offer up some tasty tunes for backing music. Do they have soundtrack records?
If you find out the specific music you could look it up and listen to the entire piece.

I will look up background music in movies and then get to listen to the whole song.

Like in "Grumpy Old Men" the song "Too Sexy" when they were getting ready for their dates. I looked up the whole song.

In his six-page denial of Laffitte’s motion, Gergel wrote that if he were to order a new trial on the basis of Murdaugh’s testimony that Laffitte didn’t knowingly participate in bank fraud crimes, he would have to find that Murdaugh is a credible witness whose testimony would likely “produce an acquittal.”

But, Gergel wrote, “Evidence offered during (Laffitte’s) trial established without question that Murdaugh is a serial liar and fraudster who stole from his clients and law partners. He now stands convicted of the double homicide of his wife and son. It is difficult to imagine a less credible witness under these circumstances.”

Bbm.

I hate to laugh but Gergel's statement made me lol. On target (and probably also an understatement).

As a slide guitar enthusiast watching these docs on AM like the American Greed rerun tonight, they sure offer up some tasty tunes for backing music. Do they have soundtrack records?
If you find out the specific music you could look it up and listen to the entire piece.

I will look up background music in movies and then get to listen to the whole song.

Like in "Grumpy Old Men" the song "Too Sexy" when they were getting ready for their dates. I looked up the whole song.

You can use the app Shazam to figure it out. Pretty amazing app. Just tap it and hold it up so it can hear and it will identify the song/artist (usually). I use it all the time and have for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces