SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone comes across that 50 page document filed with the GA Bar trying to get his license back, please post it as I really would like to read it and not just the media report about it that I found.
^^rsbm

From the quoted FITNews link, it appears FN obtained a copy. I'm sorry that I can't navigate their site as I mostly hit a paywall there.

However, a 50-page document by Pendarvis to the State Bar of Georgia that was recently obtained by FITSNews paints a detailed picture of Fleming’s defense in both the Satterfield case and the Connor Cook case.

Very helpful info, Seattle1…would be even more helpful if I understood it :) Just kidding, I followed MOST of it. I think the part still confusing me a bit is the interim vs definite suspension. But what I’m thinking now is that the SC Supreme Court did the temporary suspension based on the investigation and was likely waiting to see if it resulted in a conviction before making it permanent. I didn’t realize it in my earlier post, but the 50 page document to get his license back was actually his Georgia license according to this article…

If I followed everything I’ve seen on this in the past couple of days…

Oct 2021 SC issues interim suspension - no length of time set but notes until further order

Jan 2022 GA issues emergency suspension - voluntary discipline in form of emergency suspension - CF requested it after informing GA Bar of SC suspension

Feb 2022 ? CF attorney Pendarvis files 50 page doc with GA BAR in attempt to get GA law license reinstated - not sure of date - the article above says a month before he was indicted so I am concluding it was filed in Feb

Mar 2022 CF was indicted by SC Grand Jury

Somewhere between his indictment and federal sentencing CF must have contacted both states and voluntarily surrendered both licenses permanently although the only place I have seen that stated was in the defense sentencing memo mentioned in previous post.

So it looks like (before he was indicted) CF was gambling on it being easier to get his GA license back if he asked for an emergency suspension rather than waiting for them to take action and suspend it - but when he saw it wasn’t going quite like he planned, he submitted the 50 page document to try to get it back.

Hmmm sounds a bit like what he’s done with pleading guilty and throwing himself on the mercy of the court he expected to be limited by the federal recommendation but when Judge Newman said he wouldn’t be bound by that recommendation, now CF appeals because his gamble on that didn’t work out so well either.

I do think what the appeal will accomplish is that people won’t believe the tears he shed at the sentencing hearing were of remorse for his role in all this but see them for what they were - his sorrow that he got caught. I might have felt bad for him if he’d come forward and admitted to all this years ago but pleading guilty after you know they are going to convict you is an attempt to get a lower sentence not an indicator of remorse or taking responsibility.

Say what you will about Eric Bland - I know several WSers are not fans - but he’s the one that helped shed light on CF’s involvement.

If anyone comes across that 50 page document filed with the GA Bar trying to get his license back, please post it as I really would like to read it and not just the media report about it that I found.

Oh my -- weasel is the word that comes to mind for CF after reading about his attempt to 'weasel' and 'bamboozle' the GA Bar! I'm also shocked by his lawyer's (Thomas Pendarvis)
actions in this regard. o_O

Found a link detailing The South Carolina Lawyer Discipline Process:

Sep 22, 2023 #podcast #truecrime #truecrimepodcasts

Alex Murdaugh entered a guilty plea Thursday to federal fraud and money laundering conspiracy charges, marking the first formal acknowledgment of guilt by the disgraced former attorney. But of course, nothing in the Murdaugh case could ever be so straightforward. The hearing concluded with Murdaugh's attorneys requesting Judge Richard Gergel sign an immediate forfeiture order for Alex's assets to be seized by the federal government. Lawyers Jim Griffin and Dick Harpootlian projected altruism for Murdaugh's victims and cited a need to prevent other lawyers from "burning off" the money recovered by state court officers in charge of Alex's money. This has the potential to set up a legal fight between the state and feds over who has control over Murdaugh's millions.

I have to say that I’m a little confused as to why it should take so long to complete a trial transcript. Is it normal for a trial transcript to take over 6 months? I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if the transcript of a 6 week trial is over 10,000 pages but gosh it seems like a long time. Is this normal? Or is there some reason that this one would take longer than normal?
I've seen it take this long in other cases, especially considering the amount of witness testimony.

JMO

Eric Bland
@TheEricBland
Follow

I read Cory Fleming’s trashing of Judge Newman this morning, I mean his appeal from the sentence. Talk about chutzpah. A genie in a bottle who would grant Cory Fleming three wishes couldn’t help on this appeal and get the sentence reversed. Like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. It’s meaningless, a waste of money, waste of judicial resources and waste of time. Judge Newman properly dotted i’s and crossed t’s when he sentenced Cory Fleming. Bottom line don’t plead guilty to 22 felony counts that have a total of 225 years. And leave the sentence up to the judge’s discretion. EB
6:26 AM · Sep 26, 2023

The time to have raised a concern about Judge Newman’s alleged bias would have been before sentencing - not after. Still, Cory has chosen to appeal from his own decision to plead guilty without a plea agreement to cap his exposure. No take backs. No mulligans. EB
6:28 AM · Sep 26, 2023

You guys are all spot on with your comments. It’s a travesty. His true colors are showing only contrition and sadness and regret if the judge is going to give you a light sentence. Otherwise, I didn’t really mean it. EB
1:00 PM · Sep 26, 2023

Last edited:
The court appointed receivers for Alex Murdaugh did something very interesting today. In response to team Murdaugh’s motion to have the federal government seize the funds that the receivers recovered and are supposed to go to Alex Murdaugh’s victims, the receivers finally did something that we all have been dying to know. How much have Harpootlian and Griffin really been paid for their representation in all of these different matters and who has paid them? They sent the attached subpoena and list of documents to team murdaugh today. This stuff is nut cutting time. Harpootlian and Griffitt need to realize they don’t control the chessboard. They are in the middle surrounded by knights, Rooks, bishops, and a queen and they soon will be without moves. Harpootlian and Griffin will not give up this information willingly, and I am certain they will file a motion to quash the subpoena. The hearing on this will be so interesting. They are trying to give this money to the federal government so that it doesn’t end up in the hands of the true Victims of Alex’s thievery. EB

1695759588618.png

Liz Farrell
@elizfarrell

If the U.S. Attorney's Office doesn't FIGHT Alex Murdaugh's latest motion and FIGHT LIKE THEY MEAN IT, then we know exactly what side of this they're on. That plea deal was a JOKE and it wedged open the door just enough for them to try this nonsense ...
3:34 PM · Sep 25, 2023

The thought of U.S. Marshals being ordered to seize the money collected by the receivership is nauseating ...
3:34 PM · Sep 25, 2023

@elizfarrell

LOOK AT THESE CREEPS .... Alex Murdaugh has filed for an emergency hearing in federal court, asking for the U.S. Government to seize his assets ...

3:24 PM · Sep 25, 2023

1695761260043.png

I think we've come full circle now: IMO, CF was the perfect wingman for AM and his financial misdeeds. Despite CF's demeanor, he's no doubt been the beneficiary of AM's muscle and the iron shield of the Murdaugh forefathers since his college days! IMO, AM made CF an honorary 'Murdaugh' decades ago-- CF knows where the oldest bones are buried!

And the strategy for CF to take care of his white collar "federal business" while all eyes and ears of the nation were on Murdaugh's state murder trial was brilliant. CF's plea agreement with the feds (46 months and $102K restitution) sure feels like another Murdaugh favor to me.

Fortunately, the arrogance CF shares with AM was alive and well when he pleaded guilty to 23 state charges of siphoning, and facilitating AM's siphoning, from the most vulnerable victims, with the belief his punishment favored by the feds would simply transfer, easy-peasy, to the state Court because US District Judge Richard M. Gergel made the suggestion, is one for the books.

Once again, how fortunate for the People of SC to have Judge Newman presiding over this case.

Last edited:
I wont be surprised if Bland has a closet full of bones as much as he enjoys celebrating the downfall of others. He better watch out for that karma strike.
It’s bizarre. He bashes Murdaugh’s attorney for speaking outside the courtroom and using the media meanwhile he’s posting literal back to back clips of his appearances in the Murdaugh FOX series last night.

I don’t get why others don’t see that as even somewhat hypocritical but JMOO.

Holding everyone accountable, to the same standards and consequences, is very important; but if anyone needs a refresher on how Bland fought to have convicted murderer Greg Leon get some form of bond so he could “help” his restaurants and Eric sort thru money stuff, that “he’d never do this again” referring to the brutal murder caught on video as his legal arguments for why Leon should get bail…..some of the very same arguments he flipped around and used against Murdaugh. Murdaugh is a “danger to the state”, he could flee, he has “extensive ties” to the community. It’s interesting how he applied the same arguments, one for his friend and client and the other for an opposing party in some lawsuits. Weird.

But JMOO and all that.

Eric Bland
@TheEricBland
Well. Kudos to an absolute bad *advertiser censored* Julie Carpenter who pointed out in an interview that Dick and Jim gave to Angenette Levy of NewNation at the 14 minute and 55 second mark of the interview that Dick and Jim told Angenette that they also were paid legal fees from the trust funds that his father left him in addition to some 401(k) funds. Jim Griffin has said that they were paid only a total of $600,000 and $531,000 went to expenses for the trial and that he and Dick only split approximately $69,000. Don’t forget they were paid $500,000 to represent Paul on the Boating DUI homicide charges which they never really had to earn by trying the case because unfortunately he was killed by his father. When that statement was made we suspected that it was only partially true. How much did they receive from the $4 million that Alex was left in trust by his father? It’s high time that Harpootlian and Griffin come clean about how much they have been paid for all of the criminal cases and civil cases. Thank God Judge Hall denied the request for $160,000 for the appeal fees after we all objected and argued against it, But I’m sure they will appeal that too. It’s time for a groundswell movement to take place to implore the government (whether state or federal) to force the finances of Alex Murdaugh to be fully disclosed. EB Julie, Carpenter has done some amazing work in cataloging, inconsistent statements, admissions, and bombs that have been spoken by team Murdaugh. Great job, Julie. EB

5:02 PM · Sep 26, 2023

Eric Bland
@TheEricBland

The court appointed receivers for Alex Murdaugh did something very interesting today. In response to team Murdaugh’s motion to have the federal government seize the funds that the receivers recovered and are supposed to go to Alex Murdaugh’s victims, the receivers finally did something that we all have been dying to know. How much have Harpootlian and Griffin really been paid for their representation in all of these different matters and who has paid them? They sent the attached subpoena and list of documents to team murdaugh today. This stuff is nut cutting time. Harpootlian and Griffitt need to realize they don’t control the chessboard. They are in the middle surrounded by knights, Rooks, bishops, and a queen and they soon will be without moves. Harpootlian and Griffin will not give up this information willingly, and I am certain they will file a motion to quash the subpoena. The hearing on this will be so interesting. They are trying to give this money to the federal government so that it doesn’t end up in the hands of the true Victims of Alex’s thievery. EB
12:48 PM · Sep 26, 2023

1695777128082.png

Eric Bland
@TheEricBland
Well. Kudos to an absolute bad *advertiser censored* Julie Carpenter who pointed out in an interview that Dick and Jim gave to Angenette Levy of NewNation at the 14 minute and 55 second mark of the interview that Dick and Jim told Angenette that they also were paid legal fees from the trust funds that his father left him in addition to some 401(k) funds. Jim Griffin has said that they were paid only a total of $600,000 and $531,000 went to expenses for the trial and that he and Dick only split approximately $69,000. Don’t forget they were paid $500,000 to represent Paul on the Boating DUI homicide charges which they never really had to earn by trying the case because unfortunately he was killed by his father. When that statement was made we suspected that it was only partially true. How much did they receive from the $4 million that Alex was left in trust by his father? It’s high time that Harpootlian and Griffin come clean about how much they have been paid for all of the criminal cases and civil cases. Thank God Judge Hall denied the request for $160,000 for the appeal fees after we all objected and argued against it, But I’m sure they will appeal that too. It’s time for a groundswell movement to take place to implore the government (whether state or federal) to force the finances of Alex Murdaugh to be fully disclosed. EB Julie, Carpenter has done some amazing work in cataloging, inconsistent statements, admissions, and bombs that have been spoken by team Murdaugh. Great job, Julie. EB

5:02 PM · Sep 26, 2023
I don’t really understand why they are paid at all. I think that every dime AM has regardless of the source should be paid first to those he stole from until the entire $9 or $10 M or whatever the total is repaid in full and if his buddies don’t want to defend him pro bono then he can use a public defender. I don’t think his defense should take priority over repaying his victims. It shouldn’t matter whether the money comes from a trust or inheritance or sale of property or his piggy bank or he sells his plasma….until all of his victims are paid in full it isn’t really his money and not one cent should be given to attorneys. Of course that’s my opinion and has nothing to do with what the law says on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces