SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with Emily Limehouse this morning. She is the United States assistant district attorney, who prosecuted, Russell Laffitte, Cory, Fleming, and Alex Murdaugh‘s into a guilty verdict and guilty pleas. She wanted me to advise all Murdaugh victims of his theft or other malfeasance to make application for the victims restitution fund that the federal government will be establishing. She will be sending out letters and emails to known Victims explaining the process. Once I get it, I will forward it to everyone too. Good development. EB

I spoke with Emily Limehouse this morning. She is the United States assistant district attorney, who prosecuted, Russell Laffitte, Cory, Fleming, and Alex Murdaugh‘s into a guilty verdict and guilty pleas. She wanted me to advise all Murdaugh victims of his theft or other malfeasance to make application for the victims restitution fund that the federal government will be establishing. She will be sending out letters and emails to known Victims explaining the process. Once I get it, I will forward it to everyone too. Good development. EB

Please, please, don't tell me that the Feds are going through with granting the defense motion to immediately seize AM's assets ( being held by the state of SC) and circumvent the current claims by victims in process with the State of SC special receiver!

I agree. It seems to me that Judge Newman sentenced CF to less than 10% of the time that all of the individual max sentences could have been given so I don’t know how they can suggest it is cruel & unusual punishment with a straight face. As for the accusation of bias because of the Murdaugh murder trial, it just shows further that CF does NOT understand or appreciate the seriousness of his own crimes.

Every time the CF legal team makes a move, I find myself detesting him a little bit more.
I'm sure he's not used to being treated like common folk...keep thinking big fish little pond.

I'm sure he's not used to being treated like common folk...keep thinking big fish little pond.
None of the bunch of cons associated with AM and especially AM himself ever thought they'd be punished for the many, many crimes they've committed. I still think there are many more we'll never know about too. Corruption at its finest off the backs of poor, trusting people.

It makes me sick, the lot of them.

MOO

Is there any word on when the SC Appeals Court might issue a ruling regarding the motion to stay the appeal and remand to circuit court?
Last I checked, the defense hasn't even filed its appellant brief yet to commence the appeal process because the transcripts for the proceedings haven't been processed -- the last extension for transcripts was filed 9/19/23.

ETA: A review of the docket indicates that following the defense Motion on 9/5/23 to Suspend the Appeal, the state opposed the motion due to a material defect, and the defense responded by submitting an Affidavit by AM (Exhibit A) on 9/21/23. While the outgoing response by the Court on 9/21 is not publicly viewable, I believe it simply acknowledged receipt.

Within 30 days after receiving the transcript, the party must serve one copy of its initial brief on all parties and file with the Court. The Respondent will then have 30 days to prepare, file, and serve its initial brief (answer). In other words, I'm used to waiting and waiting for the details and/or the basis for the appeal by the Appellant.

ETA: I just looked up AM's post-conviction appeal and since the transcript was first ordered by his defense on 3/21/23, the Court already granted 5 extensions, and the last extension was filed on 9/19/23:

https://ctrack.sccourts.org/public/caseView.do?csIID=78062
^^rsbm

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 article

[…]

In the response filed Wednesday in district court, prosecutors said that while a preliminary order of forfeiture would give the government the authority to seize property, “the United States does not intend to seize the assets in the state court Receivership at this time.”

Prosecutors said that even if the federal government wanted to seize the assets they would not be able to because the state of South Carolina claimed jurisdiction over the assets first.

[…]

I just love Kinsey:

<snipped>

Kinsey, who spoke at this year's CrimeCon in Orlando, Fla., says he came to believe Murdaugh was guilty after he learned that Murdaugh waited close to 40 minutes to call his son Buster after he discovered the bodies.

“That's what did it for me,” Kinsey says. “You think if I come home and found my spouse and one of my children dead, maybe I'll dial 911. But immediately, especially if I believe there's a group out here, assassinating my family, I'm going to call my surviving child and say, ‘Get somewhere safe. Get to law enforcement. Get to a police department, sheriff's office somewhere. Don't pack anything. Get there now.’ But he was texting and looking at the menu at Edisto Beach. ... I knew then. That's in my heart. I knew it then.”

Murdaugh Crime Scene Reconstruction Expert Recounts Moment He Knew Alex Was Guilty: 'Not a Man'
MOO

None of the bunch of cons associated with AM and especially AM himself ever thought they'd be punished for the many, many crimes they've committed. I still think there are many more we'll never know about too. Corruption at its finest off the backs of poor, trusting people.
MOO: At least for some of these yahoos, I suspect this corruption is generational, because "that's just how things are done in this county."

I just love Kinsey:

<snipped>

Kinsey, who spoke at this year's CrimeCon in Orlando, Fla., says he came to believe Murdaugh was guilty after he learned that Murdaugh waited close to 40 minutes to call his son Buster after he discovered the bodies.

“That's what did it for me,” Kinsey says. “You think if I come home and found my spouse and one of my children dead, maybe I'll dial 911. But immediately, especially if I believe there's a group out here, assassinating my family, I'm going to call my surviving child and say, ‘Get somewhere safe. Get to law enforcement. Get to a police department, sheriff's office somewhere. Don't pack anything. Get there now.’ But he was texting and looking at the menu at Edisto Beach. ... I knew then. That's in my heart. I knew it then.”

Murdaugh Crime Scene Reconstruction Expert Recounts Moment He Knew Alex Was Guilty: 'Not a Man'
MOO

I'm reminded that between 10:21 pm - 10:30 pm, AM phoned Rogan Gibson five times! I believe these calls were before he reached out to Buster. Granted, AM was anxious to reach Rogan because he could see that both Paul and Maggie had missed calls/messages from Rogan.

I thought it odd during AM's interviews after LE first arrived at Moselle that AM thought it important to tell LE that he phoned Rogan when these were missed calls. Looking back, I think AM wanted Rogan to find the bodies at Moselle before he returned from visiting his mother. MOO

SLED agent: Paul's friend had 5 missed calls from Alex Murdaugh after homicides​

I'm reminded that between 10:21 pm - 10:30 pm, AM phoned Rogan Gibson five times! I believe these calls were before he reached out to Buster. Granted, AM was anxious to reach Rogan because he could see that both Paul and Maggie had missed calls/messages from Rogan.

I thought it odd during AM's interviews after LE first arrived at Moselle that AM thought it important to tell LE that he phoned Rogan when these were missed calls. Looking back, I think AM wanted Rogan to find the bodies at Moselle before he returned from visiting his mother. MOO

SLED agent: Paul's friend had 5 missed calls from Alex Murdaugh after homicides​

Wasn't RG out of town at the time and was the reason for PM boarding his dog?? IMO, AM was such a control freak, it was his nature to touch base with everyone and anyone in order to control.. he was all about control

Wasn't RG out of town at the time and was the reason for PM boarding his dog?? IMO, AM was such a control freak, it was his nature to touch base with everyone and anyone in order to control.. he was all about control
I think RG testified he was working out of town but I think he was nearby or at his GF.

Just loving this. The Receiver in the Beach case served <derogaoty nickname> and Jim Griffin with subpoenas today asking for all kinds of really good financial, fee and cost information concerning the representation of Paul and Alex Murdaugh, in all matters. They will fight hard to prevent this information from being discovered. The problem is that I have made so many inconsistent statements about what they’ve been paid to date. EB

View attachment 452443
2:44 PM · Oct 9, 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: movie
Looking forward to watching just to see what they do with it. I like Bill Pullman but am not sure how he will be as Alex. The last 2 Lifetime movies based on true stories, Sherri Pappini & Heidi Broussard, really tried to make the doers sympathetic. I might puke if they do that with AM.

Towards the end of this Greenville News article, it says :

“Murdaugh Murders: The Movie is produced by Murdaugh Productions Inc. in association with Johnson ProductionGroup.”[BBM]

Who is “Murdaugh Productions”??? o_O
We can only guess who is behind this. :mad: OMO.

You legal types: is there any way AM and/or D/J could be hidden behind this corporation?

Last edited:

“Murdaugh Murders: The Movie is produced by Murdaugh Productions Inc. in association with Johnson ProductionGroup.”[BBM]

You legal types: is there any way AM and/or D/J could be hidden behind this corporation?
I saw this name come up on the series released a couple of months ago on the NG network.

Despite the name, I doubt that "Murdaugh Productions" has anything to do with the Murdaugh family.

I believe it's common to create a legal entity that exists to make just one movie. The producers do this to limit their liability. And they often will name the entity to reflect the movie title.

I did some googling and found some other examples linked to the Johnson Production Group:

A movie called Caught in His Web about a cyber-stalker: Cyber Productions, Inc. is producing the film in association with Johnson Production Group.

A movie about an Amish teenager: An Amish Sin was produced for Lifetime by Amish Productions Inc. in association with Johnson Production Group.

On IMDB, both Cyber Productions and Amish Productions are listed with just a single movie associated with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky