SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish they had incorporated dates into the story. I was so taken aback by the scene where he tries to strangle the girl (and how I missed THAT tidbit after following the case almost from the beginning is beyond me) that I was unsure how long before the actual murders it might have happened.
I gotta say- Bill Paxson is doing a great job.
My only issue is this (and I say this as a nurse and as someone who does not for one minute believe the 'drug addict' angle) people addicted to oxy are not suddenly stricken with sweating/ shaking desperate withdrawal which is immediately relieved by downing a handful of pills.

Too funny. You guys know the facts. EB

I literally just fell asleep. This seems like this was just slapped together. It’s factually wrong in so many different respects. But I guess that’s what Entertainment is sometimes. EB

Watching a lifetime movie right now. It’s more entertainment than factual obviously. The accents are not good and it is factually flawed. Alex never spoke to 911 gloria fell. He showed up after Maggie called him. And there were eight steps on the front of the house and not three. EB

I was a bit stirred by the part just before the murders. Their recreation of the video moments where we’ve heard MM talking about the dog and “He’s got a
guinea” were powerful.

Part 2 of Murdaugh Murders: The Movie premieres tonight at 8:00PM on Lifetime. Part 1 airs again at 6:00PM.

Where to Watch Lifetime’s Murdaugh Murders: The Movie Part 1 and Part 2?

I actually thought that the made-for-TV movie was quite good. I followed the trial here but didn't know much about the case until then. I don't plan to watch Part 1 again tonight but definitely want to watch Part 2.

I do wish they had incorporated dates into the story. I was so taken aback by the scene where he tries to strangle the girl (and how I missed THAT tidbit after following the case almost from the beginning is beyond me) that I was unsure how long before the actual murders it might have happened.
I gotta say- Bill Paxson is doing a great job.
My only issue is this (and I say this as a nurse and as someone who does not for one minute believe the 'drug addict' angle) people addicted to oxy are not suddenly stricken with sweating/ shaking desperate withdrawal which is immediately relieved by downing a handful of pills.
It's Bill Pullman in the role of Alex Murdaugh. I agree that Pullman is doing a fine job. I know that Lifetime movies about true crime tend to toy with dates, facts, events, etc., but I think this movie has some merit beyond entertainment. JMO

Last edited:
It's Bill Pullman in the role of Alex Murdaugh. I agree that Pullman is doing a fine job. I know that Lifetime movies about true crime tend to toy with dates, facts, events, etc., but I think this movie has some merit beyond entertainment. JMO
Love Bill Pullman, kind of surprised he took this role.

I was a bit stirred by the part just before the murders. Their recreation of the video moments where we’ve heard MM talking about the dog and “He’s got a
guinea” were powerful.
They were worm, she almost squealed that in that moment and then Paul said No mom it's a chicken and they all kind of laughed. So hard to believe those were probably the very last words they spoke as a family. :(

I love Bill Pullman. I had recorded the movie without realizing he plays Murdoch. Definitely a plus to me since he’s a great actor, IMO.

Well I have to say that I was very disappointed in the movie. Bill Pullman did a pretty good job with the role but the writing of the movie was just awful. I’ve seen many true crime movies and I understand taking artistic liberties but this was just bad. If you weren’t familiar with the case, I don’t think you would have been able to follow the movie. Being familiar with the case, I found the movie disappointing - kind of like they took a bunch of headlines and threw them together rather than telling a story. It was more like a crime show where people re-enact a few scenes from the case rather than a movie that tells a story. I don’t understand and didn’t like their decision to use a man to be the one from the law firm that questioned AM about the missing money - still not sure who that was supposed to be - or the way they put the story about choking the prostitute in as if it happened shortly before the murders when the woman who made the accusation said it was years earlier. There were other things to - in the trial and before - that they changed up or mixed up that didn’t add anything to the movie and I didn’t care for the way some of the witnesses were portrayed. I expected them to use artistic license to tell parts of the story that we don’t really know - what he did with the guns or how he had 2 different shot shells loaded or why he stopped in his parents driveway before continuing to the house - things that would tie the movie together - I didn’t expect them to use it to make the story harder to follow. As movies go, I could not recommend this one. As true crime stories go, I would not recommend this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1