SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC didn't the judge query both the Prosecution and Defense and both were satisfied with the judge's action? I think I felt at the time that the judge was being especially judicial in order to be transparent about the sitiation and ruling, protect the defendant's rifht to a fair trial as well as securd the trial to proceed, both sides concurring, as a weigh to document and resolve it and save it from the fires of appeal.

Am I remembering that right?

I swear I recall the Defense agreeing to it.

JMO

If you're talking about the hearing that Judge Toal held, then no, the defense objected at several points. They specifically objected to the legal standard she was using, that they were not allowed to ask any questions of the jurors, and that the judge refused to admit an affidavit from one of the jurors. That's off the top of my head, I'm sure they objected at other times as well.

I'm not surprised one bit by either of these filings by the D. BH caused a lot of unnecessary turmoil with her unprofessional actions, but I honestly believe the verdicts on AM's Criminal conviction and Financial convictions will stand.

Even if the worst case scenario does happen and a retrial is granted, I believe AM would be found guilty again for Maggie and Paul's murders.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEYN0W
Back