Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few linked articles state the death mobile as 2017.
Idk how car financing works, I see ads for ‘low monthly, no down’, do they even check credit?
Don’t forget, he’s CEO of Dymoo Pynk Dymoo, no idea what the company is or if it exists.

Yeah, I did think of that and put it in another post. They stretch out payments like ten years now with newer vehicles. You lose your rear in the long run though. And probably very high interest. Insurance is not cheap either usually for 24 year olds and I think it is worse for males than females of that age. His CEO thing I am torn about, I tend to think it is a joke and the initials or something mean something to him or that it is just fake altogether but I honestly have no idea. Does he say he is in a relationship?

I found nothing about a relationship.
Maybe with his car, lol, he posed with his death mobile in one pic, kind of odd for an adult to pose with a generic vehicle, imo. Not like he’s driving a Maserati. Moo
Maybe it was his first car or first newer car, idk.
Only thinking of my circle of friends, we would not pose with our vehicle, lol.

This would be dif’, depending where one lives, how well they know their community & other factors, in my town/county, we have at least 2 men driving for Uber that should not be in MOO and the opinion of a lot of locals.
However, they met the criteria for employment.

You know, thinking about it, having a decent car fits a few things. A relative may even help if he says he is going to use it to taxi. I have talked to some very decent Uber and Lyft drivers (well a few) and have seen a few too that I am rather unsure how they were hired. It seems to be a job that is fairly easy to come by if one has a terrible work record or no work record. It is almost like being your own boss in a way... jmo.

If he had actually ever worked for Uber, Lyft or whatever else is out there we would have known about it by now.

And if he was gonna just get some pocket money by being a faux-Uber, he would have taken her in the opposite direction toward the Hub. Her phone pinging in Rosewood means he never went anywhere near where the destination was.

And he wouldn't have locked her in and murdered her.

I think the "company" he claims to be CEO of is a sexual joke. Again, he comes off as immature

You know, thinking about it, having a decent car fits a few things. A relative may even help if he says he is going to use it to taxi. I have talked to some very decent Uber and Lyft drivers (well a few) and have seen a few too that I am rather unsure how they were hired. It seems to be a job that is fairly easy to come by if one has a terrible work record or no work record. It is almost like being your own boss in a way... jmo.

IMO, Uber refuses few. At least in my area.
We have a very low unemployment rate. If Uber/Lyft wish to be in this market, they take what they get. I would walk
before riding with at least two locals.
In Cinci, I noticed a guy has both Lyft/Uber stickers & moves them from car to car, I’ve watched him when I walk my dogs while visiting the area.
If I drove for Uber & decided to quit, what would prevent me from giving my decals to someone else?

Last edited:
I don't believe it was specified but it implied it was marjiuana.

So, that's what doesn't go along with him being a dealer to drunk college kids.

I get the feeling he is kinda naive. And that this whole episode was something else gone very very wrong. Got out of control and he panicked.

He could have just stopped and let her out if there had been a mistake, but he clearly had a weapon (knife?) in his hand when he opened the rear car door.

I just don't know what to think yet. Some things are clear though--in his car was her phone, her blood, bleach, etc. His car matches the video. There is video of her getting in.

Whether he intended to murder, intended to assault, intended to rob or she just anxiously or quickly got in and he was surprised, is a bit murky yet. If so, what the reason was that he was there could be drugs, could be heading for a drink himself, there to buy drugs himself, any number of things, there to pick up a buddy even. Parking in the handicap spot though shows a likely intent to leave fairly quickly... Even if there were no cameras, with all of the people outside and using a handicap spot that no one else had parked in, knowing better, what a way to stand out and call attention to yourself. Pretty dumb or he was not there for that purpose and was surprised when she got in.

Could she have been having some issues we cannot see off screen or people who were harrassing her? Could he have said from his window do you need some help, swung in and she jumped in? She knew her Uber was coming but something was heating up? I don't know. Far fetched probably, that thought...

If he had actually ever worked for Uber, Lyft or whatever else is out there we would have known about it by now.

And if he was gonna just get some pocket money by being a faux-Uber, he would have taken her in the opposite direction toward the Hub. Her phone pinging in Rosewood means he never went anywhere near where the destination was.

And he wouldn't have locked her in and murdered her.

I think the "company" he claims to be CEO of is a sexual joke. Again, he comes off as immature

I agree on the CEO/company thing.

Likely right on the Uber, Lyft, etc. thing too, not that I think either company would want to rush to admit he ever worked for them :) I guess I am used to some things being held back. It was along the lines of coming in ideally just ahead of the Uber driver and thinking if he could see the travel/the route of the Uber and knew of the call for one... A friend's access or thought maybe he was one...

With the faux uber i mean he could have sometimes given real rides and was known to and on this occasion he did not expect her to jump in but she recognized him or some such and took advantage of it. Or a few other various things I can do with that thought but I am thought out you will be happy to hear :)

Just going to have to wait for more info I guess...

After hearing of this case, refreshing on other ride share cases, I will stick with conventional taxi service when the need for a driver arises.
Not that it happened in this case but think how easy a true Uber driver could advise his non Uber buddy ‘hey there’s a woman outside such & such bar, you want her’?
HLN playing g video of Samantha getting in car now, it makes my skin crawl.......

IMO, Uber refuses few. At least in my area.
We have a very low unemployment rate. If Uber/Lyft wish to be in this market, they take what they get. I would walk
before riding with at least two locals.
In Cinci, I noticed a guy has both Lyft/Uber stickers & moves them from car to car, I’ve watched him when I walk my dogs while visiting the area.
If I drove for Uber & decided to quit, what would prevent me from giving my decals to someone else?

We recently had a female driver that told us she worked for both Lyft and Uber too, she was awesome, so I am guessing it is okay with the companies?

She was great but I personally feel safer with the regular companies like yellow cab, etc. but have a friend who prefers Uber but I am going to change that. We live miles apart and share one and sometimes I am dropped first and I insist I say in front of the driver that she call me when she gets home (she is quite a bit younger). A few just put my instincts up and she would be in the cab alone. When we used the well know older services, we would often see the same cab drivers and get to know them some, they had better retention too. With Uber we have yet to have the same one twice and have probably had 15 (and have not been using them all that long) which lends to me thinking they take whoever as employees, how many and easily do so. Someone mentioned earlier like shopping delivery services. They seem to employ pretty freely and easily too some of them and people constantly come and go.

To be fair, most have been fine but there are a few...

Excellent point on the decals.

To be candid, if I’m still in a bar at closing time, I could never remember the protocol required to determine my car to be an actual Uber. Get the license plate...., name of driver, car model, omg.....
In my town, if a cop observed me crouched behind a car @2a.m., attempting to see the plate, I’d go straight to jail for PI.

Last edited:
Hahahahaha I am "all thought out" too.

Surely LE will release a bit more information for us. Even if they just told us who the woman was in the vehicle 3 am Saturday morning, or where he lived.

Just.... something

Yep, I have the same wishes. Am quite used to getting those wishes denied though... LE can be pretty quiet at times...

I had an Uber ride like that in Seattle, in a Kia. The driver missed a turn, and did a U-turn, with traffic coming right at us. It was crazy. I complained to Uber.

And it is bad publicity for the driver sincere about generating extra income, likes driving, enjoys people, etc.

The New Jersey hometown of Samantha Josephson will gather Tuesday evening to say goodbye to the University of South Carolina college student, who authorities say was killed by a stranger in South Carolinaafter mistaking his car for an Uber ride.

Robbinsville officials announced Monday a vigil will be held for Josephson at the West Town Center Lake Gazebo at 7 p.m. Her funeral takes place Wednesday.

Robbinsville Mayor Dave Fried and Police Chief Chris Nitti will speak to the media about Josephson’s death at 6 p.m. at the municipal building before the vigil begins at 7 p.m. Lake Drive will be closed to traffic in the area starting at 6 p.m.

N.J. hometown to hold vigil for college student killed after she got into car that wasn’t her Uber ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member