GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Love the judge. He reminds me of a cross between Morgan Freeman and Ben Carson, and I love both of them!

Justice is served. I pray for healing for Sam's family, especially her dad who was speaking of suicidal thoughts. I hope this brings him (and all of them) some measure of closure and comfort. Samantha would want them all to be whole in her memory.

And let’s pray for the jury. They sat through a nightmare.

Not sure if the lady with the family is a friend or family advocate, but she is so very caring.

I am pretty sure victim's advocate.
It's hard to take anything that resembles positivity from a nightmare like this, but as I was watching her support and literally hold up family members as they spoke, I kept thinking about all of the good people (judges, prosecutors, victim's advocates) who choose this path for themselves to help keep some balance against those who choose violence and evil.

Goes to a question I've asked but not had answered: Who was the female passenger in the car with NR when he was stopped by police?

I posted on this unnamed person (i.e., cooperating witness) 20+ pages back but they are not named in the MSM news link.

Also, it was not clear to me which if any of the women called to testify were present in the vehicle with NR when he was initially stopped and fled on foot.

Perhaps this inquiry in front of the jury was objected to in advance? MOO

New details released, timeline created in kidnapping, homicide of USC student

VERDICT WATCH - SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

ETA: I guess it's possible the person was not called to testify.

Last edited:
So glad to see this outcome. I have thought of this girl so often. Having a good time with her friends, maybe a little tipsy, feeling good, getting into her Urber, realizing something was wrong, fighting for her life trying to understand what the heck was happening and how could this possibly be happening??? Thinking how the friends she was with originally probably feel so much guilt for not keeping track of her better. Her family torn apart, they loved her dearly. Nothing will bring her back but at least there is this. Sadly they will probably still continue to live her last moments over and over in their heads. As parents, how could they not? I wish there weren't so many monsters in this world. RIP dear Sami.

So glad to see this outcome. I have thought of this girl so often. Having a good time with her friends, maybe a little tipsy, feeling good, getting into her Urber, realizing something was wrong, fighting for her life trying to understand what the heck was happening and how could this possibly be happening??? Thinking how the friends she was with originally probably feel so much guilt for not keeping track of her better. Her family torn apart, they loved her dearly. Nothing will bring her back but at least there is this. Sadly they will probably still continue to live her last moments over and over in their heads. As parents, how could they not? I wish there weren't so many monsters in this world. RIP dear Sami.
I keep thinking about the actual uber driver as well. He seems like such a nice, compassionate person like Samantha and their paths should have crossed. Such a tragedy.

His mother is speaking. She says my son didn’t commit it. Judge shuts her up right away.

She is in total denial.

Judge just tells her again that he is guilty and will not listen to her telling him of his innocence.

Defense is arguing with judge about his family support. Wow!

I missed it. Is there a link to watch replay (specifically of these things you mention)? TIA!

The defendant didn't shed a tear or show the slightest emotion even when his parents were asking the judge for leniency. That says it all IMO. Even more heartbreaking that it seems like he came from a good family yet turned out so evil.

NR is a cold, evil man. As loving and supportive as NR's family appear, I think NR is one of those men that was also ragging at his own mother with each 120 stabs he aimed at Samantha -- all for an attempt at $35! (No evidence of SA).

"Depraved heart, emotionless, no remorse, demons in your soul," -- some of the words the Judge used when addressing NR.

After NR left the courtroom, Judge further addressed what must have been made an issue when NR was earlier seen communicating with his parents in the courtroom during the trial's first days. The Judge reminded the public that NR was chained/shackled and guarded during this moment and that he believes in the presumption of innocence before being convicted.

Personally, I found this Judge to exhibit much humanity during the entire trial. It was his courtroom - it was his discretion to allow NR to face his parents -- yet it did not cause NR to stop and confess his guilt. Every road led to NR. Guilty as charged.

I posted on this unnamed person (i.e., cooperating witness) 20+ pages back but they are not named in the MSM news link.

Also, it was not clear to me which if any of the women called to testify were present in the vehicle with NR when he was initially stopped and fled on foot.

Perhaps this inquiry in front of the jury was objected to in advance? MOO

New details released, timeline created in kidnapping, homicide of USC student

VERDICT WATCH - SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

ETA: I guess it's possible the person was not called to testify.

During the last comments by the Judge just before sentencing, the defense brought up NR's girlfriend that is also standing by him along with his family. The Judge asked if she was a witness or if she was present in the courtroom and the response was "no."

IMO, I think it was probably NR's current girlfriend that was in the vehicle with him and she was not named and did not testify at the trial.

I reported to a Mod to change the title already! :)

No verdict yet? I'm off to bed to do a bit of reading - hopefully, when I come back in the morning - I shall see GUILTY on the title! :D Let me know "how long" the jury was out - okay? ;)
@Niner sure wish you could still watch verdicts with us!

Defense said jury was out 1 hour 7 minutes

Court TV said jury was out 1 hour 16 minutes

I can't believe he stood up and said to the judge's face that we is innocent but he guessed that doesn't matter.
Loved how the judge mentioned he had all the opportunity to do many things other than what he did.
Also very impressed with how all of SJ's friends were so involved and how the LE or EMT (not sure which) also stood up to say how much of an impact the whole crime had on all of them as well.
Bless Samantha and her family and friends.

Last edited:
Here is a video with verdict through sentencing…has it all

Thank you, BUF. I watched all of it, tears flowing from the moment Sami's mother began speaking. My God, how her family has suffered, and will continue to suffer. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

The audacity of that deranged, remorseless murderer to stand before the judge and proclaim he is innocent and that LE didn't do their job...my jaw is still on the floor! :eek::mad:

I will never understand how people can be so evil.
However, I have learned via my 67 years that evil walks amongst us.
Even those that are so called "leaders".
The history of humans document the evils of mankind.
We should never abandon the research to find out what makes a human being evil.
* In my opinion, other species are not afflicted with evil unless it is taught to them by a human.
Personally, I would have preferred that this man got the death penalty. Maybe, just maybe it would have given an evil person to think twice before killing their victim.
Yes, this is my opinion.

I think just the fact that the defendant sat there , no tears, no sadness as his parents spoke…I almost expected him to roll his eyes!..he looked bored!This guy is one cold , cold , evil monster.

MoO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back