GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is a shame the company would do that. Very dishonest.
I recall hearing something on NPR. Seemed to me it had more to do with their (rideshare) fight to treat driver's "independent contractors." It's a legal, slippery slope when corporate "directs" drivers to do something. Like everything -- follow the money. MOO

Their 21-Year-Old Daughter Was Murdered by a Fake Uber Driver. Here’s What the Grieving Parents Are Doing to Help Keep Others Safe.

But the Josephsons’ campaign ran into politics when they took it to Washington, in support of legislation that would require rideshare companies to “implement an enhanced digital system to verify passengers with their authorized ride-hailing vehicles and drivers.”

The Josephsons said they later found out that Uber was working against the legislation, even though the company initially supported the bill.

“That is 100 percent true. They said yes, now they say no,” Seymour told Ross.
Oh, that's so bad. What possible reason could they have to not support this?

Oh, that's so bad. What possible reason could they have to not support this?

That many "Uber Drivers" borrow out their status to maybe a sibling, or friend who is possibly undocumented, that would not pass the Uber standards. Loan them their car...and Uber sign. (Undocumented citizens cannot get a driver's license), or possibly a friend who cannot pass a background check, maybe has a DUI....

But, may not pass an actual visual check on the picture ID.

Uber is making money when the car is going, so...they are probably not wanting to have a complete visual identification available.

Slippery slope.

That many "Uber Drivers" borrow out their status to maybe a sibling, or friend who is possibly undocumented, that would not pass the Uber standards. Loan them their car...and Uber sign. (Undocumented citizens cannot get a driver's license), or possibly a friend who cannot pass a background check, maybe has a DUI....

But, may not pass an actual visual check on the picture ID.

Uber is making money when the car is going, so...they are probably not wanting to have a complete visual identification available.

Slippery slope.
Good thoughts and like @Seattle1 posted....follow the money $$ :(

Good thoughts and like @Seattle1 posted....follow the money $$ :(

Yeah. Uber can see the stats for each car/driver. I know that some stats are for like, 20 hours a day...7 days a week. Is that safe? Does Uber have a responsibility to ensure contract drivers work only so many hours a day? Or can they work 24x7? (Is it the same driver?)

There are so many issues with these ride share programs. I have taken Uber myself, and have since then, decided that I prefer a cab company, for many reasons.

Yeah. Uber can see the stats for each car/driver. I know that some stats are for like, 20 hours a day...7 days a week. Is that safe? Does Uber have a responsibility to ensure contract drivers work only so many hours a day? Or can they work 24x7? (Is it the same driver?)

There are so many issues with these ride share programs. I have taken Uber myself, and have since then, decided that I prefer a cab company, for many reasons.
As long as they are independent contractors, probably no legal responsibilty. They're essentially "dispatchers" of thousands of drivers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back