GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whenever I question whether or not a physically smaller per can handle a larger victim all I need to do is remember the Jodi Arias case and how she killed Travis and handled his much larger body.
Yes, he was at least 60 pounds heavier and she managed to drag him down that long hallway and put his body in the shower.

Well, the story of someone else taking his car might be more believable if he had been posting between 2:00 am and 5:00 am.
The family claims he was passed out at a party, which might explain where he was at that time, but I'm sure LE would have interviewed witnesses at that party and I would think if his alibi had checked out they would have released him by now and arrested someone else.
He probably had his phone with him and LE knows exactly where he was at the time of the murder. Imo
Yes, unless he had advanced plans to kidnap someone, then he definitely had his phone on him the whole time.
He's absolutely f#@&ed!

I could maybe get behind the “someone took my keys and stole my car to murder a girl while I was passed out” story IF he’d called police the next morning as soon as he found it. It’s very difficult to believe he wouldn’t notice the blood. It’s graphic, but with the description of her injuries I imagine there would’ve been blood spatter throughout the entire car, on windows, ceiling, all seats, etc. It doesn’t sound like it was only in one puddle on the back seat. Plus, the car had to smell strongly of blood and/or bleach & cleaning supplies. The find thing people do when there’s an unusual odor in your car is look for the source. And where do we look? The back seat. Are we expected to believe the car thief/“real murderer” cleaned up just the front seat and cleaned everything else a mess? Sorry man, not buying it.

Does anyone recall offhand when the next hearing is? Is it arraignment and is there a prelim scheduled? I have a bit too many cases stuffed in the head and am losing track. I think I will start a calendar with all of the ones I follow jotted in on the correct dates :)

I was just thinking that once we have a prelim some of these questions may be answered and we may find they have evidence showing it had to him in his car. I like everyone else would like to put that to rest.

I tend not to believe his "story". It is just a bit too far fetched. However, I would like to see some proof it cannot be true.

Far fetched:

Not one person from any supposed party has come forward and said nope, he was passed out, and "so and so" took his car or left around that time that night.

Someone who allegedly took his car then also just decided to kidnap someone and lucked out and found someone.

Someone who allegedly took his car was familiar with the child locks, the window locks, the dome light and how to keep his face off camera and knew where those cameras were and were just that positive no one nor any cameras would see him in the stolen car anywhere in this CITY nor know it was not NR who kidnapped the girl and murdered her. I find this very far fetched. Of course though, it is just as stupid for NR to think he would not be seen...

Someone who allegedly took his car then, after murdering someone, came back to the party residence and left the car having no way of knowing it would not have been discovered missing, called in as stolen, nor anything else, nor that he would not be seen bringing it back... mm-hmm

Someone who allegedly took his car knew the route late at night and intimately to take it to an area NR was very familiar with.

Someone who allegedly took his car frequented the 5 points area in the wee hours one night and it was NR the next night in the wee hours in the same area...

NR realizes someone had his car, sees blood but never calls police. Not only that he drives it with blood present, puts another person in it with blood present, as well as bleach, wipes, the victim's phone, etc.

To my knowledge, not one friend has come forward that knew of nor was at that party. Just his parents from an entirely different area and a cousin or some such from Texas, none of which I believe would have been at said party. I think with some fair solid proof, friends present could get him out. What does his phone show... Not a word about his phone. Somehow I doubt he was sitting on a laptop on FB, I would guess he was on his phone...

Add in FB, even if before the abduction, he is at a party getting so plastered that he will pass out shortly but is bothering to post on FB?

This crime was so brutal with multiple injuries and her body found so fast, I would think there has to be DNA.

I could go on but just some of the very far fetched hard to believe reasons.

They can bring on more information for us anytime so we can determine whether this is even a possibility :)

I doubt it though.

Those are very good questions/points and collectively do put more doubt in my mind regarding his story. In particular, as you and a few others have also pointed out, if he were passed out at a party, you'd think his friends would be all over the news defending him.

LE would have more info now than they had at the moment of arrest but isn't exactly being forthcoming with us, for some strange reason (lol!). Hopefully the prelim will be illuminating and offer more suggestion of proof that he was in that car than what we as the public have now. I think it's LIKELY he did this but that's the missing piece that's holding me back. Wouldn't even have to be a video of him in the car...if they found his shirt with her blood on it under his bed that would be enough for me.

Which makes me wonder...we've heard of the search of the car and the area that her body was found. Maybe I've missed it, but has anyone heard anything about searches at actual properties (i.e. to look for the clothes he was wearing) such as wherever he was staying, at his parents' house, etc?

I could maybe get behind the “someone took my keys and stole my car to murder a girl while I was passed out” story IF he’d called police the next morning as soon as he found it. It’s very difficult to believe he wouldn’t notice the blood. It’s graphic, but with the description of her injuries I imagine there would’ve been blood spatter throughout the entire car, on windows, ceiling, all seats, etc. It doesn’t sound like it was only in one puddle on the back seat. Plus, the car had to smell strongly of blood and/or bleach & cleaning supplies. The find thing people do when there’s an unusual odor in your car is look for the source. And where do we look? The back seat. Are we expected to believe the car thief/“real murderer” cleaned up just the front seat and cleaned everything else a mess? Sorry man, not buying it.

That's a really good point -- while most of it may have been in the back, it's hard to imagine that NONE would have ended up in the front. Even if he just found his keys in his car and didn't drive off, he'd have to at least lean in to get them. From what I recall upthread, the interior was tan, so even if there was no odor I would think the spots in the front would have caught his attention.

ETA -- I agree, I don't think anyone would believe that the thief/"real murderer" would have bothered to attempt to clean it up.

ETA #2 -- MOO, while I can see why him not calling LE can suggest guilt, I can also see, even if he didn't do it, why he would be terrified to call them because he'd likely be arrested anyway. So just for me, the fact that he didn't call doesn't hold much weight one way or another.

Last edited:
Those are very good questions/points and collectively do put more doubt in my mind regarding his story. In particular, as you and a few others have also pointed out, if he were passed out at a party, you'd think his friends would be all over the news defending him.

LE would have more info now than they had at the moment of arrest but isn't exactly being forthcoming with us, for some strange reason (lol!). Hopefully the prelim will be illuminating and offer more suggestion of proof that he was in that car than what we as the public have now. I think it's LIKELY he did this but that's the missing piece that's holding me back. Wouldn't even have to be a video of him in the car...if they found his shirt with her blood on it under his bed that would be enough for me.

Which makes me wonder...we've heard of the search of the car and the area that her body was found. Maybe I've missed it, but has anyone heard anything about searches at actual properties (i.e. to look for the clothes he was wearing) such as wherever he was staying, at his parents' house, etc?

Lol, I don't know why they are not more forthcoming with us either, in every case, they are so stingy with information :)

I have heard nothing about searches but there have to have been some I would think at anywhere he resided. We know they were back to the New Zion area searching the water and woods, etc. weren't they? I wonder what they were looking for there too, a weapon, her ID, his clothing, etc.?

I think he had to have changed somewhere and cleaned up. Was there anyone else present when he did? I would simply like to know where he lived, who the woman was he was with, etc. I am surprised there have not been a few more bits of information. Media does not seem to investigate anymore these days... Sigh...

I cannot rule out another person either nor him 100 percent guilty, so I do get what you mean. I lean though towards him (for all of the various reasons mentioned) and I believe they have reason to know they have the correct person. I hope anyhow.

ITA. I think this is a story he gave his loved ones. And that is about it. I think he probably said it early and without it being thought out as to how this can be disproved (and I am guessing it can be). I feel for his loved ones and I can even see giving the benefit of the doubt until they know otherwise. However, the only people this has come from are the family members to my knowledge, unless I missed something.

There has been not one partygoer that has come forward nor any corroboration of any kind.

There has been no confirmation of a party. Not that the prosecution side would do that or say that but I am just saying, where are the friends at this party helping to verify this and get him out of jail? There is no one saying he arrived at this time, passed out at this time and he never left the location of the party? Where are the people saying but this other guy did leave at this time and could have taken his car? Not to mention taken his car for what was probably a number of hours...? And then BROUGHT it back hours later to no one noticing? I do not buy it.

One final point is that the night he was arrested, he had a female with him and she was said to be cooperating. Cooperating regarding what if it was not him.....?

Great point about others that were at the party (assuming there even was one)...

JMO, but "cooperating" to me just means the person was willing to talk and doesn't really imply that they are speaking in favor of or against the person arrested.

Again this is just playing "Devil's Advocate" so take it for only that -- I don't think it's coincidence either, but what if... the person that could have taken his keys was an acquaintance from high school and would have known the area well also? The turkey hunters that found her body just 12 hours later were acquaintances from high school as well--just coincidence? I'm sure LE probably looks into anyone that found a body to make sure they weren't the one that actually put it there. :p

It seems Clarendon is the only high school in New Zion, so if they are around the same age, and lived in New Zion chances are they went to the same high school, and knew each other. It sounds like they were just acquaintances, not actual friends

I ran a few errands today and while in my car that is much smaller than the car in question here, I glanced toward my right side passenger seat and tried to imagine trying to control or harm a person sitting there while driving. I am at least this perp's height and in no way could I control a passenger sitting there. As for harming, maybe I could reach the legs without totally crashing the car but again, it would not be easy.

It doesn't mean much just saying... And my two seats would be much closer together than I believe this Chevy's would be.

He had to have pulled over somewhere imo.

Great point about others that were at the party (assuming there even was one)...

JMO, but "cooperating" to me just means the person was willing to talk and doesn't really imply that they are speaking in favor of or against the person arrested.

I agree but when one couples it with the fact she was riding in a car with blood and likely bleach smell and it was said she was cooperating, AND they were in the same general area when stopped, I give it a bit more weight...

I also I guess tend to think not cooperating would mean she did not want to speak against him so I take cooperating to possibly mean she is willing to do the opposite...

But then I PREFER to believe that, I will admit :) It would mean she had more info for them...

Lol, I don't know why they are not more forthcoming with us either, in every case, they are so stingy with information :)

I have heard nothing about searches but there have to have been some I would think at anywhere he resided. We know they were back to the New Zion area searching the water and woods, etc. weren't they? I wonder what they were looking for there too, a weapon, her ID, his clothing, etc.?

I think he had to have changed somewhere and cleaned up. Was there anyone else present when he did? I would simply like to know where he lived, who the woman was he was with, etc. I am surprised there have not been a few more bits of information. Media does not seem to investigate anymore these days... Sigh...

I cannot rule out another person either nor him 100 percent guilty, so I do get what you mean. I lean though towards him (for all of the various reasons mentioned) and I believe they have reason to know they have the correct person. I hope anyhow.

I read the other day where he had a lawyer. Usually defendant's lawyers will release information if LO doesn't. I wonder why his attorney hadn't spoken out yet.

I read the other day where he had a lawyer. Usually defendant's lawyers will release information if LO doesn't. I wonder why his attorney hadn't spoken out yet.

In one of the articles about this alleged party and someone else using his car, his attorney refused comment. Not sure that means anything but the attorney certainly did not push or confirm the story. It probably is not unusual to not comment though.

It seems Clarendon is the only high school in New Zion, so if they are around the same age, and lived in New Zion chances are they went to the same high school, and knew each other. It sounds like they were just acquaintances, not actual friends

I agree. Clarendon is actually a combined middle and high school, grades 6-12, and had 710 students for 2016-2017, with 83 in Grade 12. I went to a small high school as well. Even though there were only 42 kids in my graduating class and I knew who they all were I would consider most of them "acquaintances" rather than friends.

Search for Public Schools - East Clarendon Middle-High (450180000331)

Does anyone have the link to the video of the Impala, at a traffic light, that shows the car turning the wrong way...away from where she lived?

Supposedly, it was seen somewhere online yesterday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back