Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since her family hasn't posted, I'm leaning toward self-harm. Of course the timeline doesn't work very well to fit this. Perhaps the quoted time of the call with her mother was off a bit.
While I find the entire situation strange, I'm really getting the vibe that LE (and, more importantly, family) aren't looking for a suspect.

ETA: If any of you are familiar with manic episodes, you would undertand that mania can drive actions that don't seem possible. I don't know whether I want to be right or wrong. I just care about this family.

Last edited:
If you want to kill someone who's already "medicated" into unconsciousness or semi-consciousness it's a hell of a lot easier to just keep "medicating" them than it is to carry them up a tower and throw them off.

I have trouble even visualizing such a chain of events. The guy who has apparently been cooperative with law enforcement and says he gave her a ride from near the car crash to the fire station actually.. what, kidnapped her for a couple days then snuck her over to the fire station and threw her off the tower?

In some ways it may be easier to believe that some bad person did a bad thing than it is to believe that bad decisions and bad luck happened to align into a bad outcome in this case but the coroner's statement (gone undenied now for several days) makes me reasonably convinced it was the latter.

It's kind of like Kathleen Ryan. I felt pretty sure someone had killed her and I couldn't believe how quiet everyone was about it but then someone here in the forum uncovered one little piece of info and I became just as sure that it had been another combination of bad decisions and bad luck. Marilane Carter too.

Are they able to find the man who took her to the fire station, and ask him more questions?

The fact that her hat and sunglasses were found close to her body makes me think she climbed up on top the tower to hang out in the sunshine. I occasionally found myself in/on a training tower socially back in my mid-20s... mostly because it was right next door to a bar my friends and I used to frequent. I was never one to get close to the edge - but I watched a couple people come crazy close to taking a 3-story tumble.

Coroner: Sheridan Wahl was dropped off at Pee Dee fire department before her death

Sheridan Wahl was dropped off at fire station before her death due to ‘erratic’ behavior, coroner says | WBTW

1) Why did it take almost TWO MONTHS for this crucial fact to be unearthed / disclosed?

2) Why did Coroner Keith von Lutcken release this info instead of LE?

3) Is the (alleged) driver who dropped her off at the FD the same man referred to as a "witness" (story is unclear)?

4) Why is there a total info blackout on this (alleged) driver - including the actual time he (allegedly) dropped her off?

5) So SW was (allegedly) dropped off at the FD but NO ONE at the FD ever saw her until she was found dead behind their training tower?

6) 24 missing hours in the timeline - that's a long time for anyone with evil intent to potentially harm her. Also, while this is a very rural area, maps show there are houses all around. During those 24 mystery hours she never went inside the FD that she was allegedly dropped off at or knocked on anyone's front door to get water or food?

7) HOW did SW get up into the training tower? An open, four story structure is obviously and potentially very dangerous. When not officially being used for training, is the ground entrance LOCKED or its access point somehow secured? (It would be a mighty 'attractive nuisance', as it's known in the insurance / legal industries - a magnet for inquisitive, playful children.)

Something seems rotten with this whole case. JMO

WTH is going on with this case?
The facts of this case so far are absolutely absurd.
1-So Sheridan called her mom on September 19th, wanting to rent a scooter?
2-Had her car already been burned, since LE found the burned out car that day-Sept 19
3-She was given a ride by someone , from where? The scene of the burned out car?
4- She was dropped off by this person at the Fire Station ? Funny place.
5-Reason for drop off - she was acting erratically. Why not Police Station.
6- If car found on September 19th without her then was she dropped off at the empty Fire Station--since the 19th was a Sunday.
Nothing makes sense and if her family accepts all the suirrley events, then I guess that is end of story?
Very Weird!

4- She was dropped off by this person at the Fire Station ? Funny place.
5-Reason for drop off - she was acting erratically. Why not Police Station.
Very Weird!

It's a rural area....no police station handy. The good Samaritan who gave her a lift may have been upset by her erratic behavior, and decided to drop her off at the nearest place he deemed safe.

"My car is on fire, take me to the fire station!" is a completely believable line of reasoning for a manic person.

The case is quiet because of a combination of Sheridan's family not wanting to make this about mental health and the authorities knowing that if every detail was public, the internet would jump all over them (and ride guy) for not putting it together that she was at the fire station fast enough to save her, which I'm sure everyone feels terrible about but isn't actually negligence just an unfortunate sequence of events.

It's a rural area....no police station handy. The good Samaritan who gave her a lift may have been upset by her erratic behavior, and decided to drop her off at the nearest place he deemed safe.

So, I live about an hour away from where this happened and have only recently found out about it. I haven’t gotten through the middle portion of this thread, so if I’m missing any kind of inside information, please forgive me!

That being said, I actually had the exact same thought, and so I looked up the nearest hospital and police station to where her car was found. Working under the assumption that the Samaritan picked her up from near where her car was found crashed and burned, both the Lake City community hospital and the Lake City police department would have been a closer drive than the fire department (albeit, not by a large amount). Also, her body was found in the opposite direction of her car, which was closer to I-95, which is odd to me; it’s certainly not unexplainable, but it seems weird that she would’ve either asked to be driven back into a more rural area or have been taken in the opposite direction of where any local would have to know the nearest hospital or police department is located. I’ve attached screenshots.

Attachments

• B045F2A3-CA17-4CE7-B1C4-96F1FAA327DC.jpeg
    B045F2A3-CA17-4CE7-B1C4-96F1FAA327DC.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 31
  • C793A50F-2EC2-4047-BFDC-D7EB6BCACCFB.jpeg
    C793A50F-2EC2-4047-BFDC-D7EB6BCACCFB.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 29
  • CC428B0C-1D66-4469-BE36-4437FA4BF716.jpeg
    CC428B0C-1D66-4469-BE36-4437FA4BF716.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 26
So, I live about an hour away from where this happened and have only recently found out about it. I haven’t gotten through the middle portion of this thread, so if I’m missing any kind of inside information, please forgive me!

That being said, I actually had the exact same thought, and so I looked up the nearest hospital and police station to where her car was found. Working under the assumption that the Samaritan picked her up from near where her car was found crashed and burned, both the Lake City community hospital and the Lake City police department would have been a closer drive than the fire department (albeit, not by a large amount). Also, her body was found in the opposite direction of her car, which was closer to I-95, which is odd to me; it’s certainly not unexplainable, but it seems weird that she would’ve either asked to be driven back into a more rural area or have been taken in the opposite direction of where any local would have to know the nearest hospital or police department is located. I’ve attached screenshots.

great observation! This actually helped piece a couple things together in my brain! I wish they would reveal what SW said to the Samaritan. When she first was missing before they found her dead I was totally getting Emma Fillipoff vibes, especially when everyone just kept saying she was acting “erratically” but didn’t elaborate as to how, like mannerisms what was said state of mind etc. it bugs me that people can chalk stuff up to metal illness, it don’t explain what lead up to said “episode”. I mean usually with mental illnesses there is triggers, I had my fair share of problems but there’s always been a trigger or something to set it off. Does it mean she was murdered? Nope, but we don’t know for sure because of the weird circumstances that the coroner even had to label as “undetermined” Something was bothering the poor girl.

Being a local to the area, this case did not sit with me well.
SW could have sustained blunt force trauma injuries as the car went into the field, but it doesn't sound as if the car could have been going at a high rate of speed. She may have exited out of the car and been shook up, disoriented and such, (reference the Samaritan giving her a ride, stating that he let her out at the station for having erratic behavior. She could have tried to knock on the door of the fire station and when there was no answer she wandered to the back of the building and fell out due to her injuries. It is possible, but I have doubts.
She was found face down, clothed and no shoes. It was mentioned in one of the reports of discoloration of her skin. Depending on how long she was deceased, it points to that she was moved and placed in that position because blood settles sometime after death. The discoloration of skin is not elaborated on as to where on the body this was. So I wonder if she died and was laying somewhere for a while for this to happen. Or the discoloration could simply be bruising from blunt force trauma. We don't have a documented time of death given.

If she was having a mental episode, it would have been from the events leading to her death.
I feel she was with someone who either she brought with her or someone she may have met online and arranged meeting them. School was in during this time, so why wasn't she in Florida attending classes?

JMO

It's quite possible that the GS was more interested in picking up a very pretty girl who was wandering on the road. After getting her in his car maybe he felt her behavior was too erratic and alarming, so unbeknownst to him, dropped her off at an unmanned Fire Station where the physical injuries she sustained in the crash eventually caused her death.

It does seem like an awful lot of coincidences but who ever thought the Titanic, considered the most modern unsinkable vessel ever built would meet a random iceberg floating in the north Atlantic which has an area of over 16 million square miles, causing the death of over 1500 people.

Unless her parents are more transparent regarding their daughter's state of mind or mental health especially on the day she called her mom, which they are under no obligation to do so, people will continue to speculate regarding the circumstances because conspiracy theories are much more interesting than a tragic confluence of events.

Last edited:
No charges will be filed related to the mysterious case of a Florida college student who went missing from Myrtle Beach last fall and was later found dead in Florence County. The 12th Judicial Circuit Solicitor, which represents Florence County, declined to pursue any charges related to the death of Sheridan Wahl, according to a letter sent to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

“I find there is no prosecutorial merit to this case due to her death being caused by an accidental fall,” Solicitor Edgar Clements III wrote. “There was no evidence of foul play.”

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article260665557.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez
Back