Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is how it looks like to me. The car found in the field. The body, behind some fire station 10 miles away. (Probably no cameras on the station otherwise someone would be seen on them.) People posting that it is dangerous for a young woman to go to downtown Myrtle Beach at any time of the day, alone? Yes, Myrtle Beach seems to be part of nice beaches, but if the area where she tried to rent a scooter was considered dangerous, and it probably is, if she disappeared and was later found dead, what is it?

Just seems to designate an entire area as “God forsaken” is an extreme impression. But, thanks for the reply. Interesting….

Was the incident report hand written in the field or was it computer documentation? Back in the "old days" before computer charting in nursing, we were instructed never to erase an entry in charting. We were taught to draw a single line through the erroneous entry and write the time, date, and your name. Then enter the correct documentation.

upload_2021-10-3_13-58-20.png

https://www.scribd.com/document/526938845/Sheridan-Wahl-Missing-Person-Report

https://www.scribd.com/document/527158159/20210923150351

What if the car was already stolen and hence she needed to rent a scooter? The store might have merely not let her in because she had no shoes on.

Why would she rent a scooter when she could just call her father, who lives in MB, to come pick her up? Also, no police report her car was stolen. SO much info on this case is missing / puzzling!

You know, she might have gone back to her car to get the shoes, and abducted there?

Yes, very possible scenario but then what prompted the FaceTime call to her mom re: the scooter store / shoes if, in fact, she was headed to her car to retrieve her shoes? If she had been abducted at her car she wouldn't have been able to make that call to her mom.

That FaceTime call between SW and her mother is gonna be key in unraveling this mystery. All we know of the call is that 1) SW complained the scooter store wouldn't rent to her because she had no shoes, 2) that she was going to return home to Tampa and 3) mom told her to stay in a hotel overnight. So much background info missing around these tidbits.

This case is so tough.We have so few facts it's really hard to piece anything together.

Last edited:
I could see "#the9" being a gun reference but would she not have said...a9 or his9, their9, 9s, 9 etc? But by saying THE9, she could have been referring to a group or place? Depending on her state of mind at the time a since she was throwing hashtags around, maybe she was reflecting and thinking about 2015 and the 9 people shot at that church in Charleston or 2007 and the 9 firefighters who died at furniture store fire in Charleston....both approx 100 miles away though?? Is it a coincidence she was found by a Fire Department House and she earlier could have been referring to those firefighters who died? Longshot I know.

Good question about '#the9'. The only things I could find was that there is a Chinese girl group called "The9", but that's not likely the reference. Toronto is known as "The 6", but the only city reference I could find for "The 9" is a luxury hotel in Cleveland. Again, not likely relevant.

Just played around with phone keyboards for a moment and on an iPhone you have to deliberately switch modes from letters to numbers to get a 9. On Android you can get a 9 without doing that - you just do a long press on the letter ‘o’. Trying to understand if ‘The9’ could’ve been a typo basically.

To me this sounds like a manic episode. I've been through one with my brother and it's terrifying. You also have to remember that all/much of what the manic person is doing seems irrational.

I'm guessing she took off for Myrtle Beach without telling anyone. Maybe she did plan to see her dad, maybe she has friends in the area, maybe she just felt like going somewhere. But she's in college and this didn't happen during a break so there would be no reason for her to be driving for 8-9 hours. She gets there and for whatever reason goes to a scooter rental store and gets confrontational when she is denied service for not having shoes. Seems the cops may have been called. She calls her mom (or the cops instruct her to call her mom). Her mom finds out she is in SC, recognises she is manic and tells her to go to her father's. It is not safe for someone in this mental state to drive alone at all, let along 8-9 hours.

Given the timing of everything I'm guessing she takes off from the scooter store, maybe to drive back to FL or maybe to go somewhere else entirely but not to her dad's. Manic people tend not to take kindly to instructions. Now, do we know the car was actually "torched" or is it possible she crashed it and it caught fire. I'm thinking she's speeding away from MB, loses control of the car and crashes it into the cornfield. Possibly the car catches fire. Possibly she panics and torches it herself (there is a good chance she was also under the influence of drugs).

Now how does body get to where it was found two days later? She could have walked. If she was manic, she would have a ton of energy to get where she wanted to go. Maybe she walked there, was tired/dehydrated/took something and passed away. But I'm inclined to think she ended up meeting someone when she fled from her car and possibly she overdosed while with them and they dumped the body. Or something else nefarious happened.

All of this is just speculation, of course. There's a lot we don't know, especially about the time after she left the scooter shop. RIP Sheridan.

To me this sounds like a manic episode. I've been through one with my brother and it's terrifying. You also have to remember that all/much of what the manic person is doing seems irrational.

I'm guessing she took off for Myrtle Beach without telling anyone. Maybe she did plan to see her dad, maybe she has friends in the area, maybe she just felt like going somewhere. But she's in college and this didn't happen during a break so there would be no reason for her to be driving for 8-9 hours. She gets there and for whatever reason goes to a scooter rental store and gets confrontational when she is denied service for not having shoes. Seems the cops may have been called. She calls her mom (or the cops instruct her to call her mom). Her mom finds out she is in SC, recognises she is manic and tells her to go to her father's. It is not safe for someone in this mental state to drive alone at all, let along 8-9 hours.

Given the timing of everything I'm guessing she takes off from the scooter store, maybe to drive back to FL or maybe to go somewhere else entirely but not to her dad's. Manic people tend not to take kindly to instructions. Now, do we know the car was actually "torched" or is it possible she crashed it and it caught fire. I'm thinking she's speeding away from MB, loses control of the car and crashes it into the cornfield. Possibly the car catches fire. Possibly she panics and torches it herself (there is a good chance she was also under the influence of drugs).

Now how does body get to where it was found two days later? She could have walked. If she was manic, she would have a ton of energy to get where she wanted to go. Maybe she walked there, was tired/dehydrated/took something and passed away. But I'm inclined to think she ended up meeting someone when she fled from her car and possibly she overdosed while with them and they dumped the body. Or something else nefarious happened.

All of this is just speculation, of course. There's a lot we don't know, especially about the time after she left the scooter shop. RIP Sheridan.

Your observations of mania are spot on. And I could go with this EXCEPT, the one thing that is bothering me is that the license plates were removed. Were they removed before the crash? Immediately after the crash?

And, yes, I know that paranoia can be a part of extreme mania, but would she have actually have had the presence of mind to remove the plates? Did she have a screwdriver with her? Had she, or someone else, removed the plates well before the crash? Was she vulnerable and someone took advantage of this? Mania can lead to a person associating with people with less than noble intentions because common sense is lost.

LE is so, so silent. I really want to know what they know.

Last edited:
Was the incident report hand written in the field or was it computer documentation? Back in the "old days" before computer charting in nursing, we were instructed never to erase an entry in charting. We were taught to draw a single line through the erroneous entry and write the time, date, and your name. Then enter the correct documentation.
same in old school bookkeeping/accounting!

Yes, very possible scenario but then what prompted the FaceTime call to her mom re: the scooter store / shoes if, in fact, she was headed to her car to retrieve her shoes? If she had been abducted at her car she wouldn't have been able to make that call to her mom.

That FaceTime call between SW and her mother is gonna be key in unraveling this mystery. All we know of the call is that 1) SW complained the scooter store wouldn't rent to her because she had no shoes, 2) that she was going to return home to Tampa and 3) mom told her to stay in a hotel overnight. So much background info missing around these tidbits.

This case is so tough.We have so few facts it's really hard to piece anything together.

Of course we don't know anything. However, the small time between her call to mom and her car being burned (if I understood everything correctly and it was the same day?) leaves almost minutes for something to happen. A scooter renting place is usually full of people. Did someone notice her? Did the staff alert their friend? I was thinking, she could have picked up someone on the road, but her phone being silent after the call indicates something happened pretty soon.

BTW, where was her phone? In the car? Or disappeared? Found near her?

About an acute manic theory. Manic people can get distracted and lose their cellphone but surprisingly often, even very manic, they keep the phone on them. So where was her phone?

Why I am skeptical. First, if you remember Kelsey Berreth's story, when she disappeared, initially, there were hints at mania, or alcohol abuse, too. The reality appeared much worse. So until I hear "mania" from Sheridan's relative, I am not considering it.

Also: it would seem that there has been a surge of manic episodes in September, after a hot summer. However, if it was not Sheridan's first episode, I'd expect mother to drive to Myrtle Beach, or call the father. Manic people might be paranoid, but often they are very trusting. It is very dangerous to leave them alone.

... Now, do we know the car was actually "torched" or is it possible she crashed it and it caught fire. I'm thinking she's speeding away from MB, loses control of the car and crashes it into the cornfield. Possibly the car catches fire. Possibly she panics and torches it herself (there is a good chance she was also under the influence of drugs). ...

MYB-0925-Wahl-Mystery04.jpg Keith_Ln_-_Google_Maps_-_2021-10-03_23.05.26 - cornfield red circled area.png

I don't think she loses control and accidentally ends up in the cornfield. The 1500 ft "plow" through the field is nearly straight, with no evidence that the car attempted to brake, reverse or change direction at any point. The red circled area on the Google map shows a dark, short "driveway" connecting Hwy. 378 to the cornfield. If she was speeding away from MB she would have had to have slowed way down to make that sharp 90° turn from the highway into that driveway to get into the cornfield. In my view, this action was not accidental but deliberate.

Of course we don't know anything. However, the small time between her call to mom and her car being burned (if I understood everything correctly and it was the same day?) leaves almost minutes for something to happen. A scooter renting place is usually full of people. Did someone notice her? Did the staff alert their friend? I was thinking, she could have picked up someone on the road, but her phone being silent after the call indicates something happened pretty soon.

BTW, where was her phone? In the car? Or disappeared? Found near her?

About an acute manic theory. Manic people can get distracted and lose their cellphone but surprisingly often, even very manic, they keep the phone on them. So where was her phone?

Exactly. The hyper-condensed timeline - this is what's so confounding.

IF she was murdered, when did the killer have time to murder her? He would have been too busy driving 55 miles from MB to the Scranton cornfield. OR maybe when they hit the ditch in the cornfield, the killer forced SW to get out and they both ran into the nearby woods. Then, sometime during the next 42 hours, he dumps her body at the FD. But the FD is 10 MILES away. That means crossing vast fields and woods on foot if he wanted to avoid being seen with a missing woman, walking along Hwy 378. Would seem this murder scenario almost demands a second vehicle and/or an accomplice.

I don't know much about Instagram, but did anyone else notice that one instagram account with initials JR posted on a bunch of SW's pics 1 week ago? The posts are strings of different emojis followed by "......ba" [urban dictionary states "ba" means "badass"]?? Is this just spam? Seems weird to me. This person posted on every single photo from August 7 2020 to Sept 16 2021 except for two photos: the "stolencar" pic on Sept 17 and a bikini pic on Aug 30. All of the posts from this account were made 1 week ago, apparently on the same day.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back