SC SC - Sherry Jones, 24, Greer, 1 Sept 1972

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will re-check that one but I thought she was african-American!! I'll double check!! Thanks!

I should've specified the female Jane doe who is part of the mystery couple in 1976!

I spent a few hours earlier trying to find some information but kept ending up down rabbit holes/hitting dead ends! I will keep trying though. Do you have any other leads or information (that you may not be posting publicly) you think might be helpful that you could share?

I would like to reach out for help, I'm in need of someone who has ancestry.com I'm am looking for a copy of a marriage license that can be found in Los Angeles California for a Charles L Shirley year of birth 1946 to a sherry ann smith d.o.b April 29th 1948 the marriage would have been on April 13th 1963 and I believe there maybe a divorce in 1967/1968 at time of marriage he was 17 and sherry was 15!! I have reason to believe that this maybe her and if so it may give me more information about her life befor I was born and before she went missing!!i ask that if anyone can help to please do so,you can pm me at anytime and at any hour!! If anyone can find anything please forward me a copy!! Thank you!!

buttons06,
Did you ever receive this? I have an Ancestry membership and can do some searches.

I didn't until now, but thanks for your willingness to help!! I've looked some on a trial based but have only found 2 marriages for a sherry ann smith in California in the early60's one was to a Charles L Shirley born 2/15/1946 to a sherry ann smith born 4/29/1948 the marriage took place in Los Angeles on April 13th 1963 and I know my mom divorced in California in 1966/1967!! The 2nd marriage was to a Michael L miller born in 1944 to a sherry A smith born 1948 and they divorced in April of 1966 also married in Los Angeles!! I've ordered the later marriage certificate and am trying to get ahold of the marriage certificate to mr. Shirley as well as copies of both divorces!! I am only looking for things like her parents name, where she was born did she have siblings or other children, so basically her back ground from birth until she arrived in South Carolina in 1970!! Any help would be very welcomed and again, thank you for your efforts!!

I'm sure both these are not her marriages but I have a gut feeling one of them is!!

Reactions: BRS
I'm sure both these are not her marriages but I have a gut feeling one of them is!!

Sometimes it helps to search the people you know are related. In searching for Charles L. Shirley born 1946 I found his yearbook photo from Fremont High School in Los Angeles. It looks like he was a sophomore, and if it is the same one, Sherry may have still been in 8th grade, as I did not find her in the freshman class. However, it may be worth figuring out what junior high schools fed into Fremont High at that time as a way to search for a picture of Sherry.

Still looking...

Also, the Charles L. Shirley with the exact birthdate you list above has the following addresses associated with his name:
37842 Cluny Ave, Palmdale, CA, 93550-5579
[1427 E 19th St, Bakersfield, CA, 93305-5403 (1995)]
[2607 W 132nd St, Los Angeles, CA, 90059-3414 (1989)]
[2607 W 132nd St, Los Angeles, CA, 90059-3414 (1995)]

Reactions: BRS
I Am almost certain that's not her, I think new evidence has come to light that that lady was from Canada!! My mom I believe was born in Puerto Rico to an American mom and a Puerto Rican dad then adopted to a couple in California but they were killed in a car crash when she was 14 to 15 years old then she married in California and I think one of the two I mentioned maybe him, they divorced in 1966/67 she then ended up in Tennessee in 1967 where she obtained a social security card, I then can place her waiting tables in Georgia and the to South Carolina in 1970 where she met George Wilton jones and married him May 8th 1970 in gartwell Georgia (she was pregnant with me when she met George so I'm not his child) thank god!! I was born in September of 1970 from all I've been told she loved me dearly and would have never left Willingly but on July 16th 1972 she went to a movie and a witness stated that he saw George's brother Roy jones putting my mom in a car leaving behind her 6 year old stepson!! She has not been seen or heard from since! It was said that they killed her and placed her in a well on their property because it was quickly filled in the day after her disappearance! When I filed a missing persons report and this all came to light the greer police brought in cadaver dogs and 4 hit on the well so at that point the police wanted me to pay to excavate the well but I forced them to do it after all a crime most likely took place!! We did not find any remains!! I gave recently gotten my DNA taken to be put into Codis at the university of north Texas missing person data base!! I believe she's deceased but I want to know about her life and where I came from, who my dad is, do I have siblings?? Theses type things and id like to give her a voice!! I was blessed and adopted by a wonderful family and no doubt had the best life possible but she's my mom and I just need to know! There also have been no social security activities since the day she went missing got that straight from the social security office!!thanks and I'm happy to share anything that will help me with this!!

Sometimes it helps to search the people you know are related. In searching for Charles L. Shirley born 1946 I found his yearbook photo from Fremont High School in Los Angeles. It looks like he was a sophomore, and if it is the same one, Sherry may have still been in 8th grade, as I did not find her in the freshman class. However, it may be worth figuring out what junior high schools fed into Fremont High at that time as a way to search for a picture of Sherry.

Still looking...

I'm trying to research too and trying to figure out whether the Charles L Shirley with the same DOB that I've found to be remarried and alive now is the same person. Could you post the yearbook pic or PM me?

I feel like finding her first husband may be the best avenue for buttons06 getting some first-hand information.
Thanks!

I Am almost certain that's not her, I think new evidence has come to light that that lady was from Canada!! My mom I believe was born in Puerto Rico to an American mom and a Puerto Rican dad then adopted to a couple in California but they were killed in a car crash when she was 14 to 15 years old then she married in California and I think one of the two I mentioned maybe him, they divorced in 1966/67 she then ended up in Tennessee in 1967 where she obtained a social security card, I then can place her waiting tables in Georgia and the to South Carolina in 1970 where she met George Wilton jones and married him May 8th 1970 in gartwell Georgia (she was pregnant with me when she met George so I'm not his child) thank god!! I was born in September of 1970 from all I've been told she loved me dearly and would have never left Willingly but on July 16th 1972 she went to a movie and a witness stated that he saw George's brother Roy jones putting my mom in a car leaving behind her 6 year old stepson!! She has not been seen or heard from since! It was said that they killed her and placed her in a well on their property because it was quickly filled in the day after her disappearance! When I filed a missing persons report and this all came to light the greer police brought in cadaver dogs and 4 hit on the well so at that point the police wanted me to pay to excavate the well but I forced them to do it after all a crime most likely took place!! We did not find any remains!! I gave recently gotten my DNA taken to be put into Codis at the university of north Texas missing person data base!! I believe she's deceased but I want to know about her life and where I came from, who my dad is, do I have siblings?? Theses type things and id like to give her a voice!! I was blessed and adopted by a wonderful family and no doubt had the best life possible but she's my mom and I just need to know! There also have been no social security activities since the day she went missing got that straight from the social security office!!thanks and I'm happy to share anything that will help me with this!!

Hi, just to make sure I understand, do you mean that you now believe the Sherry Ann Smith that married Charles L. Shirley was from or is now in Canada and is not your mom?
Thanks!

Thanks guys you all are awesome with your kindness!! I know this may sound cliché but I just feel like I keep going in circles and then hitting a brick wall! I can not ever begin to tell you how great it feels to have fresh sets of eyes looking!! I have always felt if I could just find out who she was married to the 1st time that it alone could open up the flood gates of information on her early life!! Anything else that you need please know I'll provide anything that I have!! Thank you all!!

No!! There is a unidentified woman here in South Carolina and someone was asking could it be my mom! My mom was from Puerto Rico the best that I can tell!! Thanks

No!! There is a unidentified woman here in South Carolina and someone was asking could it be my mom! My mom was from Puerto Rico the best that I can tell!! Thanks

I didn't realize they'd said Canadian now. On one hand, I'm glad it's not your mom, but I know you need answers! And I completely understand and agree she is probably no longer living based on the story. It makes me both mad and sad that the person(s) responsible haven't been held accountable.

Buttons- check your PMs please. :)

I'm trying to research too and trying to figure out whether the Charles L Shirley with the same DOB that I've found to be remarried and alive now is the same person. Could you post the yearbook pic or PM me?

I feel like finding her first husband may be the best avenue for buttons06 getting some first-hand information.
Thanks!

Ugh. I cannot get the pic to post in a private message (only on IPad- any suggestions?) and I don't want to post his pic openly on the thread.

Oh- got it- referencing the mystery couple from Sumter. Thanks!

Ugh. I cannot get the pic to post in a private message (only on IPad- any suggestions?) and I don't want to post his pic openly on the thread.

i can pm you my email address. Would that work? I'm on my iPad too. I understand the limitations and frustrations at times well!

Edward and Ann (maiden name Ayeroff) Smith died in a car crash in Tracy, California on June 6, 1962. The couple lived in Los Angeles at the time of their death. Their grave stones note beloved father/mother, but I have been unable to determine their child(ren)'s names.

Edward does not have a middle name per his death certificate. He was born 3/1/1906 in Russia. Ann Ayeroff was born 6/19/1908 in New York. They were married some time between 1933 - 1939, as they are listed as married in the 1940 census as married with no children.

Can someone else take a look and see if they can find children's names? I've looked everywhere I can think of. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Edward and Ann (maiden name Ayeroff) Smith died in a car crash in Tracy, California on June 6, 1962. The couple lived in Los Angeles at the time of their death. Their grave stones note beloved father/mother, but I have been unable to determine their child(ren)'s names.

Edward does not have a middle name per his death certificate. He was born 3/1/1906 in Russia. Ann Ayeroff was born 6/19/1908 in New York. They were married some time between 1933 - 1939, as they are listed as married in the 1940 census as married with no children.

Can someone else take a look and see if they can find children's names? I've looked everywhere I can think of. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Hey ObsererEagle, you are a better sleuther than me, I have been looking in "NewpaperArchives" and can't even find that article.
I can only find A. Edward Smith accident ( he was a attorney/ politician) dod June 5 1962 and his wife injured with skull fracture. Can you reference your find so I can try to search more.
I did see the gravestones though TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scooterlou
Back