SC SC - Stanley Kotowski, 60, Hilton Head, 16 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

citizen_sleuth

Verified family member - Orie Donald Esh thread
Reaction score
The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office (BCSO) is asking for the public’s help locating a missing and endangered man out of Hilton Head Island.

60-year-old Stanley Kapowski was last seen around 10:30 a.m. today Friday Aug. 16 leaving 226 South Sea Pines Drive.

Kapowski was last seen wearing a Coors Light t-shirt and blue shorts with no shoes

He is approximately six feet tall and weighs around 200 pounds. He has short brown hair.

Anyone with information about Stanley’s whereabouts is encouraged to call our non-emergency dispatch line at 843-524-2777.
Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 3.29.09 PM.png

This is unusual. The sheriff's office put out a notice 4 hours after this man was last seen. There must be some other concerns that aren't being said here. Also, he left barefoot. Seems there are a LOT of missing people who left without shoes recently. Prayers he's found safe.

This is unusual. The sheriff's office put out a notice 4 hours after this man was last seen. There must be some other concerns that aren't being said here. Also, he left barefoot. Seems there are a LOT of missing people who left without shoes recently. Prayers he's found safe.
The fact that they're calling him "missing and endangered" coupled with the short notification time to me might mean he has some physical or cognitive issues that are of concern. https://www.wsav.com/crime-safety/p...g-and-endangered-man-from-hilton-head-island/

We live in HHI in the same neighborhood as Stan. We don’t personally know of him but we do have friends that live on the same street. Sea Pines is gated with a 24/7 guard house, and heavily secured with cameras everywhere. It would be nearly impossible for him (or anyone) to enter/exit Sea Pines without it being captured on the CCTV footage nor being scanned in at the guard house.

Sea Pines is a mix of single family homes and condos. The area he went missing from is part of where the condominiums are and is very close to the ocean and beach access. It’s normal for residents to walk around barefoot especially when you’re minutes from the sand.

We do have several lakes and ponds here that are populated with alligators which is one likely scenario. Law enforcement immediately jumping to him being endangered though makes me think they have tips from his family that support something unfortunate happening.

I am an extended family member of Stan’s (I am willing to verify whenever/however). He is a completely normal guy and a genuinely innocent victim of an unexpected mental break suffered while on vacation. He does not have substance abuse issues, a criminal history, or any suicidal ideations.

If there is anyone local who can help spread the word and/or search for him, his entire extended family would be beyond thankful.

I am an extended family member of Stan’s (I am willing to verify whenever/however). He is a completely normal guy and a genuinely innocent victim of an unexpected mental break suffered while on vacation. He does not have substance abuse issues, a criminal history, or any suicidal ideations.

If there is anyone local who can help spread the word and/or search for him, his entire extended family would be beyond thankful.
I can assure you there are many residents keeping an eye out for Stanley. I know someone thought they saw him riding a bike on the Cross Island Bridge near Sea Pines. Was this ever checked out?

I can assure you there are many residents keeping an eye out for Stanley. I know someone thought they saw him riding a bike on the Cross Island Bridge near Sea Pines. Was this ever checked out?
Thank you very much! I am not sure. I'll relay the information.

Here's a news segment covering the situation with additional pictures:
"“He just walked out the door. He had really bad insomnia for about a month. He doesn't have dementia. His anxiety just kept getting worse and worse and worse and he started to get a little paranoid." said his wife, Jackie Kotowski."

The article also confirms that the home Stanley walked away from is a vacation rental.

this is where some local information would be so very helpful.....

Like, where could he even walk to , given staying at a vacation rental.
SeaPines is a rather structured environment, so i would really think that comings and goings would be well monitored...

Hopefully.

Very concerned for this man. The insomnia, anxiety, recent paranoia sounds as if there may be something neurological going on, or are precursors for a mental health crisis. (symptoms I had before I fell into a deep and incapacitating clinical depression many years ago).
Anything happen before the vacation that may have triggered this, and when was his last physical?

I really hope he is found safe soon, I feel for him and his family.

Very concerned for this man. The insomnia, anxiety, recent paranoia sounds as if there may be something neurological going on, or are precursors for a mental health crisis. (symptoms I had before I fell into a deep and incapacitating clinical depression many years ago).
Anything happen before the vacation that may have triggered this, and when was his last physical?

I really hope he is found safe soon, I feel for him and his family.
I agree.
Insomnia from racing and anxious
thoughts?
Possible depression coming on.
Not a doc, just experienced in the ways of my own wacky brain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back