SC SC - Stanley Kotowski, 60, Hilton Head, 16 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be good to see the video footage from the Ring camera. In the still shot he doesn’t look in distress, facially.
I wonder how he was moving? Looking around as if he felt he was being followed? Casually passing by or determined to get away from something?
Since he was feeling paranoid, he may be hiding.
I hope he is found soon.

AUG 21, 2024
The family said he can be identified by a thick Boston accent, a reminder of home, where they wish to return.

"I want to go home," Jackie Kotowski said. "I want to take him home."

"We can't leave without him," Zak Kotowski said.

The family is hoping someone spotted him on their security camera and can help in the search.

Kotowski, 60, was last seen the morning of August 16 leaving the family’s vacation rental at 226 South Sea Pines Drive, shoeless and without his phone.

It was the same day that two Hilton Head vacationers were killed in separate drownings due to rough waters from Hurricane Ernesto.

Last edited:
It would be really unusual for a 60 yr old man with no history of mental illness to suddenly develop a psychotic disorder. The month of insomnia and increasing anxiety without an identifiable stressor would be concerning for a medical condition. Or substance use. The family stated that wasn’t an issue, but people often hide their use. No judgment, of course. Just something to consider.

It would be really unusual for a 60 yr old man with no history of mental illness to suddenly develop a psychotic disorder. The month of insomnia and increasing anxiety without an identifiable stressor would be concerning for a medical condition. Or substance use. The family stated that wasn’t an issue, but people often hide their use. No judgment, of course. Just something to consider.
Sleep deprivation (insomnia) can cause a psychosis.

We live in HHI in the same neighborhood as Stan. We don’t personally know of him but we do have friends that live on the same street. Sea Pines is gated with a 24/7 guard house, and heavily secured with cameras everywhere. It would be nearly impossible for him (or anyone) to enter/exit Sea Pines without it being captured on the CCTV footage nor being scanned in at the guard house.

Sea Pines is a mix of single family homes and condos. The area he went missing from is part of where the condominiums are and is very close to the ocean and beach access. It’s normal for residents to walk around barefoot especially when you’re minutes from the sand.

We do have several lakes and ponds here that are populated with alligators which is one likely scenario. Law enforcement immediately jumping to him being endangered though makes me think they have tips from his family that support something unfortunate happening.
How quickly could one make it to the water from where Stanley was last seen? Would they have to go through (/over) a fence or any other major impediments?

How quickly could one make it to the water from where Stanley was last seen? Would they have to go through (/over) a fence or any other major impediments?
I've attached a map to the area where the family is staying (marked in red). There are a few ponds with very close proximity and the ocean is accessible via a few walking paths. A Hilton Head resident posted upthread that the Sea Pines community they are staying is gated with multiple surveillance cameras and SK would have been detected had he left the community via the main entrance. It would seem (imo) that he is either somewhere hiding in the community, although after 6 days, it seems he would have been sighted or he headed to the beach and traversed that way or unfortunately ended up in the water. I'm curious how long the family had been visiting Hilton Head before his disappearance - I haven't seen that reported by MSM.

Attachments

• HHMap.jpg
    HHMap.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members