SC - Susan Smith engaging in phone sex with sugar daddies in anticipation of parole - July 2, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Smith committed the premeditated murder of two innocent children simply because a man she was infatuated with told her he didn’t want to be encumbered with children. She has no business being eligible for parole ever.

Smith committed the premeditated murder of two innocent children simply because a man she was infatuated with told her he didn’t want to be encumbered with children. She has no business being eligible for parole ever.
It would be good if the prosecutor appeared before the parole board in an effort to deny parole at this time. I would emphasize strongly the way she murdered her children, pushing the car into the water- the children being so terrified, no doubt crying and screaming for their mother- and the tortuous way they died- slowly drowning in that coffin. iMO she should never ever ever get out of prison.

It would be good if the prosecutor appeared before the parole board in an effort to deny parole at this time. I would emphasize strongly the way she murdered her children, pushing the car into the water- the children being so terrified, no doubt crying and screaming for their mother- and the tortuous way they died- slowly drowning in that coffin. iMO she should never ever ever get out of prison.
I am feeling confident that parole will not be granted to her.

jmo

Somehow wasn't it her infatuation with a sugar daddy that led to said murders of her sons?? I fear she hasn't learned anything from her time in prison.
Nope, SS's continued to manipulate guards, prisoners, etc and has had numerous misconduct charges (mostly sex related) against her while incarcerated IIRC.

I don't believe she feels one bit of remorse for killing her precious little boys, she's just sorry for herself in that she didn't get away with it. I think she has no soul or feelings. That poor Dad believed her at first and was devastated after learning the truth. :(

JMO

Nope, SS's continued to manipulate guards, prisoners, etc and has had numerous misconduct charges (mostly sex related) against her while incarcerated IIRC.

I don't believe she feels one bit of remorse for killing her precious little boys, she's just sorry for herself in that she didn't get away with it. I think she has no soul or feelings. That poor Dad believed her at first and was devastated after learning the truth. :(

JMO
I think you nailed her personality: probably meets the definition of a sociopath-
Regarding her husband, thank goodness he was able to move on with a new wife and a couple of children.

Smith. Motivation to Kill Sons? Sugar Daddy?

@SweetDreamsAreMadeOfCheez
FWIW, per wiki,
"Her motivation was reportedly to facilitate a relationship with a local wealthy man named Tom Findlay. Prior to the murders he sent Smith a letter ending their relationship and expressing that he did not want children."

Not only is she a murdering psychopath - she's also a fool. I.e., she wanted to get together with this wealthy guy & decided to eliminate her kids because he didn't want children? What did she think would happen here - that he would get back together with her afterwards, after he had already ended things with her?! Idiot.

FWIW, if anyone out there has seen/is a fan of the somewhat iconic HBO prison drama Oz (1997-2003), there is a character on the show named Shirley Bellinger (expertly portrayed by Kathryn Erbe) who was in several seasons. Bellinger was in prison for intentionally drowning her daughter & was actually on death row. And, this character is very obviously based on SS.

It's worth noting that the way SB is portrayed seems very accurate to SS IRL - especially in light of these recent articles.

Note that I've seen Oz a couple of times over the years, and it's definitely a difficult/rough watch - and not for everyone. Also note that it would definitely be considered R-rated (if it were a film).

Last edited:
In the article, SS has not ruled out having children again, at age 52. Seriously?! I would have thought that ship has sailed by now.

The transcripts of her phone calls, are sick. I really wonder what kind of man would even be interested in a felon like SS.

snipped for focus.......She is a perfect example of rehabilitation for murderers. She has learned nothing about appropriate and legal behaviors. She has learned nothing about understanding requirements. She has learned nothing......IMO, MOO

snipped for focus.......She is a perfect example of rehabilitation for murderers. She has learned nothing about appropriate and legal behaviors. She has learned nothing about understanding requirements. She has learned nothing......IMO, MOO
Ironically, that lack of remorse and understanding may make the argument against letting her out among an unsuspecting public.

And if she ever gets out I’d advise any sugar daddy she snares to sleep with one eye open.
MOO

Ironically, that lack of remorse and understanding may make the argument against letting her out among an unsuspecting public.

And if she ever gets out I’d advise any sugar daddy she snares to sleep with one eye open.
MOO
If he's smart, he'll sleep with the other eye open too.

Everyone in her sphere is a prop.

It's a shame that parole is even a consideration, hoping it's a short conversation and she stays where she is. She's done enough damage for a lifetime.

JMO

This case happened minutes from here and I don’t think parole is in her cards regardless of how optimistic she is. I think things with sentencing changed just as this case went on in 95 and there wasn’t life with no parole at that time. I’m sure this area isn’t looking forward to her being in the news again.

Parole. Possible in Future?

@ilovewings
Briefly, per link*
"Smith was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 30 years[2]
"According to the South Carolina Department of Corrections, she will be eligible for parole on November 4, 2024."
(ETA: Keep in mind, under terms of her sentence, she gets a parole hearing in Nov., but being "eligible for parole" does not mean she will be paroled. Many convicts have series of parole hearings but end up dying in prison.)

Not so briefly:
"....she confessed on November 3, 1994, to letting her car roll into nearby John D. Long Lake." Kids were in the car.

From The Trial section below:*
"It took the jury only two and a half hours to convict her of murdering them. During the penalty phase, Tommy Pope, the lead prosecutor in the Smith case, argued passionately in favor of sentencing Smith to death. The jury ultimately voted against imposing the death penalty.[16] Smith was sentenced to life in prison in 1995 for the murders of her two sons. Smith's defense psychiatrist diagnosed her with dependent personality disorder and major depression.[9]"

[bbm]

dependent personality disorder could explain why she's got sugar daddies on the phone and questions about where she's going to get income once released

but also, does she really think she'll be released the first time she's up for parole? I would hope not

JMO
Well, at a minimum, she should be neutered so that she never reproduces again. [Oh, never mind. I'd forgotten how long-of-the-tooth she is by now.] She should be about 52 years old, so, barring an immaculate conception, no worries about spawning any future victims. She needs to stay right where she is for eternity, and then final judgment.

Last edited:
Rehab?
@texaslb218
In ^ post:
"a perfect example of rehabilitation for murderers"???

A different way of looking at it:
"a perfect example of NON-rehabilitation for murderers."
Agreeing w ^ that she has not learned much.
imo

In the article, SS has not ruled out having children again, at age 52. Seriously?! I would have thought that ship has sailed by now.

The transcripts of her phone calls, are sick. I really wonder what kind of man would even be interested in a felon like SS.
Yes. The Titanic can only sink once -- thank heaven!

Not only is she a murdering psychopath - she's also a fool. I.e., she wanted to get together with this wealthy guy & decided to eliminate her kids because he didn't want children? What did she think would happen here - that he would get back together with her afterwards, after he had already ended things with her?! Idiot.

FWIW, if anyone out there has seen/is a fan of the somewhat iconic HBO prison drama Oz (1997-2003), there is a character on the show named Shirley Bellinger (expertly portrayed by Kathryn Erbe) who was in several seasons. Bellinger was in prison for intentionally drowning her daughter & was actually on death row. And, this character is very obviously based on SS.

It's worth noting that the way SB is portrayed seems very accurate to SS IRL - especially in light of these recent articles.

Note that I've seen Oz a couple of times over the years, and it's definitely a difficult/rough watch - and not for everyone. Also note that it would definitely be considered R-rated (if it were a film).
Maybe she and Diane Downs can share an apartment. I don't know -- maybe Diane Downs is already dead? (So, may be too late for SS.) Well, Sugar Daddy it will be if she gets out. I'm sure she'll attract and hook just the person she deserves.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlukeBC
Back