Found Deceased SC - Tevin Thompson, 25, missing after crash, Spartanburg, 8 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New MSM from yesterday - still missing.

Family, police ask public to help find missing Spartanburg man

“We’ve been able to put helicopters up in the air to try and see whether or not he ran off the road,” Littlejohn said. “We’ve done some things with some drones. Some private citizens have actually stepped in with some of their drones to try and help us locate the vehicle; but, at this point, we have not been able to find that vehicle.”

Police said they’re keeping an eye on Thompson’s electronic footprint.

“Phone records, ATM, things of that nature, and there hasn’t been any activity on those,” Littlejohn said.

Police said they can’t rule out any foul play, but they’re staying optimistic.

Family, police ask public to help find missing Spartanburg man

“He was last seen at the Reserve at Hillcrest apartments on E. Main Street.

“He visited two or three friends and family members that evening,” Major Littlejohn said. “On the east side, the family member he visited was the last person who saw him.”

Thompson’s sister said he was headed home but never made it.

Police told 7 News that they know he crashed his car the night he went missing, possibly due to weather conditions, but they said the car would have very minor damage if any at all.

“He slipped off the road, but he was able to get back into his vehicle and drive to another location,” Major Littlejohn said.

But, not long after that, Thompson seemed to disappear.”

Maybe I have brain fog this morning but I cant figure out the event sequence.

Did he wreck the car before out visiting people? In between?

From what I've been reading up to now, I assume that he was visiting friends and family, then had an accident, went to his cousin's home from where he disappeared.
We don't know if he told his cousin that he was going home and left - and never made it home, or if he just left his cousin's home without saying anything.

I'm also confused about the timeline.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Disappearance
Subject reported last seen driving from his cousin's apartment the night of 01/08/2021 and neither he or his vehicle have been seen since.

Subject's phone was turned off at that time and there has been no activity on his financial account since that time.

According to all witnesses interviewed by the Police, the subject stated the intent to be at work the next day.

All family and friends indicate this disappearance is completely out of character for the subject.

The Spartanburg County coroner said a man whose body was found in a pond of Lake Forest Drive on Wednesday has been identified as a man who had been missing since early January.

Also from this article :

Troopers said Thompson was traveling east on Lake Forest Road when he crossed the center of the roadway. He then drove off the left side of the road, striking a mailbox, a tree, and then crashed into the pond.

How sad that someone knew their mailbox was damaged, but had no clue there was a car in the pond. :( I saw this on the local news earlier, but had no clue it was related, as coroner had just been called.

Rest peacefully, Tevin.

Google Maps

From the first car crash and the possible sustained injuries plus that he still had to be under heavy influence I am surprised he got that far. Those last 10-15 min of his life must have been awful. Very sad..

Troopers said Thompson was traveling east on Lake Forest Road when he crossed the center of the roadway. He then drove off the left side of the road, striking a mailbox, a tree, and then crashed into the pond.

Dive crews from the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office and DNR were involved in the retrieval efforts.
Coroner: Body found in pond identified as man missing since January

I feel confused. So he crashed the truck, went on foot to a relative's place to sober up a little bit, went to retrieve the truck and drove it into a pond?

I feel confused. So he crashed the truck, went on foot to a relative's place to sober up a little bit, went to retrieve the truck and drove it into a pond?

Yes you are correct. But I personally would use the word crashed instead of drove.

Above I posted the possible route he took.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back