Found Safe SC - Three children, ages 2-4, Smoaks, 9 March 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If they ventured into the woods and search teams hadn't found them as of 2:00am last night and they been searching again since 7:00am this morning, how far into the woods would these children have gone in the darkness of 6pm or 7pm last night??

And how do all three seem to have stayed together, they did not find ONE CHILD last night??!?!?

Family's assumption is abduction, they must have some serious issues if that is what they first believe!

“if I owe anybody, I’d be glad to give you what I got, I don’t got much, but I’d be glad to give it to you. If you don’t want to bring them back to where you got them from, take them to the store, everybody knows me…” -Legal Guardian of children

http://counton2.com/2016/03/09/coll...sheriffs-offices-search-for-missing-children/

Does this statement bother anyone else as much as it bothers me? Sounds to me like someone knows a little more than they're saying if they automatically go to the "if I owe anybody" route...do these people have reason to believe that this is someone's way of getting revenge because they owe them money?

What? Who's "Deuce"? So he has yet another child he's caring for, who noticed the children were missing after he went inside briefly to get a cigarette, and the boy said "Daddy, where's Deuce?" and at that time they began a search for 3 kids.

Okay, that kind of doesn't make any sense at all.

The man talking in the video, Mr Williams, he was said to be their great uncle. I also think he's their legal guardian, he says he's raised them, he calls them his kids and they call him daddy.
Hope they find them soon.

10068978_G.jpg

Officials say the children went missing after playing in the backyard of this home.

http://www.walb.com/story/31430987/...for-three-missing-children-in-colleton-county

Does this statement bother anyone else as much as it bothers me? Sounds to me like someone knows a little more than they're saying if they automatically go to the "if I owe anybody" route...do these people have reason to believe that this is someone's way of getting revenge because they owe them money?

Absolutely bugs me bad!! That thought would never enter my mind.

Well, it is tax season. Who gets to claim the kids?

Being lost in the woods seems very likely. I grew up in rural SC, and we used to go and do a lot of things we weren't supposed to do when mom or dad wasn't watching closely. My sister always followed me, even if she knew we could get in trouble for wandering where we were told not to.

Absolutely bugs me bad!! That thought would never enter my mind.

When I read it my first thoughts were that I don't think that would've crossed my mind if my children went missing unless I had been threatened or I knew that I owed someone a lot of money who was capable of doing something like this. It made my hinky meter go haywire!

Well, it is tax season. Who gets to claim the kids?

Good question. I had not thought of that either.

This isn't a laughing matter, but I do have to admit I giggled a little when I first read these statements. It is a good question though.

If she had turned around to talk to some one, wouldn't the person she was talking to see something? This makes no sense.

These three have captured my heart. Please let them be found safe!

My hinky meter started clicking with the "if I owe anybody" statement by the great-uncle/guardian. It could just be a statement from someone very nervous and upset about the kids and is rambling without making much sense, or it could be a clue that something is amiss, or it could be a cover for something he knows happened.

I'm hoping the kids got curious about the woods, wandered off, and will be found today.

JMO.

If she had turned around to talk to some one, wouldn't the person she was talking to see something? This makes no sense.

Unless you're reading a different article, I think the children were in the custody of their great uncle. In the latest video shot this morning, he states that he went inside to get a cigarette and when he returned, another child said "Daddy, where's Deuce"? So the idea that he was chatting with a neighbor when the kids disappeared apparently has morphed. I will be very surprised if these little ones are found wandering in the woods, which at first seemed very likely until the guardian's story changed so significantly.

I think it's likely he may have been asleep, or not even on the property when the kids disappeared.

Maybe it's just me, but why would the point people away from the woods. I'd look or bust after that statement!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?
Back