Found Safe SC - Three children, ages 2-4, Smoaks, 9 March 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Either the got into the trailer late at night (since it had been searched already) or someone didn't really do a full search of the abandoned property. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

:happydance: Great all the kids are safe and accounted for.

Trailers and manufactured homes are not soundproof at all. If these children had been crying or yelling, even locked in a closet, they should have been heard, especially in rural area.

IMO, of course.

I'm wondering if they were kidnapped by someone who eventually put them in the abandoned trailer since LE were there...It appears it would have to be someone who lived close to know when it was clear to put the kids in the closet. Maybe they were hoping to get them out later and do something with them. IDK but it sounds like a bad person who lives nearby to me. If LE had been there earlier and the kids werent there then it means some other person is involved. Otherwise the kids would have just went home or been found outside. IMO

I'm wondering if they were kidnapped by someone who eventually put them in the abandoned trailer since LE were there...It appears it would have to be someone who lived close to know when it was clear to put the kids in the closet. Maybe they were hoping to get them out later and do something with them. IDK but it sounds like a bad person who lives nearby to me. If LE had been there earlier and the kids werent there then it means some other person is involved. Otherwise the kids would have just went home or been found outside. IMO

Interesting. The family stated (can't recall which link) the kids wouldn't go with someone they didn't know.

:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many unanswered questions. Who took the children? How did they end up at the abandoned trailer after officers had already checked the trailer? Authorities plan to release more details after they investigate the incident.

http://counton2.com/2016/03/09/missing-children-found-alive/

I'm SO relieved this approach is being taken! The forensic intetview(s) will be crucial. Just because they've been found means it's all over. Not by a long shot. The community deserves to know if a(n imminent) threat remains IMO.

Again, just beyond thankful they've been found alive. They're so young. LEO's investigation is, in many ways, their voice. :moo:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: I so glad they were found alive!!!

So many questions tho...I'm sure the 4 yr old will be able to tell LE what happened, hopefully. I still think someone who the children knew took them. Someone mentioned a page or two back that trailers have very thin walls - how could no one hear them? I'm sure they were crying - surely someone would have heard them if they were there that whole time. Only time will tell I guess.

There are many unanswered questions. Who took the children? How did they end up at the abandoned trailer after officers had already checked the trailer? Authorities plan to release more details after they investigate the incident.

http://counton2.com/2016/03/09/missing-children-found-alive/

Sheriff Strickland says when the children were found, they were awake, alert, tired, thirsty and hungry.

There are many unanswered questions. Who took the children?

And why? Whoever found them would have been able to tell if they were accidentally trapped or deliberately locked in.

I'm glad they're safe and out of the closet. I hope they find out why they were there..

Wow, my cable went out, just came back on to this fantastic news. Would like to now know what everyone is asking. How the heck did this happen?

Interesting. The family stated (can't recall which link) the kids wouldn't go with someone they didn't know.

:thinking:

I suspect a neighbor..they probably know their neighbors.

Inside the abandoned gray and white mobile home with green trim, there's a small closet with a dirty diaper. Cousin Jasmine Linder says she thinks it belongs to 2-year-old Shamyra Campbell, who took it off after soiling it. The door to the closet locks from the outside, meaning once the children entered the closet and closed the door behind them they would have had no way out. There's no door knob on the door, so it takes a screwdriver or some other took to open it.
http://abcnews4.com/news/local/coll...searching-for-missing-children-ages-4-3-and-2

But cousin Linder doubts the claim that deputies searched the home or tried to check the locked closet.
They did not search this closet. They could not have searched this closet. If that Pamper was in there, they could not have searched this closet," she said. "They couldn't even get in the closet, so no they didn't search it. There's no way in the world."

Wonder if an older kid or teen that they knew was playing a trick that got out of hand

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?
Back