Found Safe SC - Z’Maiah Carter, 15, last seen shopping plaza, Columbia, 25 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

KDOGG

Reaction score
this needs to be posted here. i did a search & shockingly nothing came up. an admin can delete this altogether & restart w/ all the correct rules & whatnot. i just want to get this out there. she's been missing a week from my city. she actually just moved to my neighborhood recently & my son goes to her high school, although we did not know her or her family personally. anyway, family/friends are getting no where fast in the search. there's not much info out there at this point unfortunately.

Zmaiah Carter missing from Richland County | wltx.com

A Columbia family is searching for their missing 15-year-old daughter, Z’Maiah Carter.

Today the family came together at a shopping plaza in Columbia where they say the teen was supposed to be last seen more than a week ago.

"Just know that we love you. We want you home. We want you home safe. We miss you," said April Carter, Z’Maiah's mother.

"We had reports that she was walking over to Chik-Fil-A to meet a friend for some money for school work. They say she never made it that way," said James Boy, Z’Maiah's father.

The shopping plaza on Two Notch Road is where Z’Maiah's family says she was supposed to be last Tuesday when she disappeared. The plaza is less than half a mile from Spring Valley High School where Z’Maiah is a freshman.

"A 911 call was made of someone screaming in the parking lot asking for help on the exact same day," said Chandra Cleveland, private investigator.

The family says through working with private investigator Chandra Cleveland they've learned that call to authorities fits the timeline of when Z’Maiah left school and did not ride the bus home like she usually does.

"People in the area heard a young girl scream "help, someone please help me" they heard it all the way in the store," said Cleveland.

"It shouldn't take for us to hire a private investigator to do the work that Richland County Sheriff's Department should be doing all alone. I am not trying to bash anyone but we need to do better as a team," said Carter.

As they wait for answers the family is banding together in prayer and asking anyone that saw something to say something.

"We want her home today. It has been going on over a week and we need her back now," said Boyd.

Family of missing teen speaks out after hiring help

...she was walking over to Chik-Fil-A to meet a friend for some money for school work. They say she never made it that way...[snip] "A 911 call was made of someone screaming in the parking lot asking for help on the exact same day," [snip] that call to authorities fits the timeline of when Z’Maiah left school and did not ride the bus home like she usually does. "People in the area heard a young girl scream "help, someone please help me" they heard it all the way in the store,"

Family of missing teen speaks out after hiring help
It's not looking good for Z'Maiah, imo. :(

So what happened during/after the 911 call? Did LE show up? What do cameras show happened in and around the parking lot? Did Z'Maiah have a phone? Was it located in the parking lot? Has it been pinged? Why am I not finding media alerts from LE? o_O

This seems to be a heavily travelled area. It is hard to imagine a daylight abduction with a screaming victim and no-one saw anything.

It is also hard to figure out why LE would not share this information with the family unless they have cause to believe the two events are unrelated.

I live here. There is not much LE help at all. Which is why the parents had to resort to hiring a private investigator
The statements from the father and the private investigator are conflicting. The investigator said something about her running away from people; yet the father said she is friendly and will talk to strangers…supposedly, Instagram plays a big part so clearly someone knows something more, in my opinion. Can they see who she was talking to on social media?

Little to no help from law enforcement is disheartening!

Also, did you see that she went missing last April? Where was she that time…?

Technical difficulties until about 5:28 in the 15:12 min video. MOO

Chandra Cleveland
FB FRIENDS AND COMMUNITY! JOIN ME AND THE PARENTS OF MISSING ZMAIAH CARTER. THE PARENTS WANT TO PLEAD FOR YOUR HELP IN FINDING ZMAIAH, SO I AM GOING TO LET HER PARENTS TELL YOU A LOT ABOUT ZMAIAH.

• Z' left school headed in direction of Chik-Fil-A
  • Instagram is culprit of this - Z' met a man on there. Z's friend told them that the man told Z' to meet @ Chik-Fil-A to get some money from him
  • stays to herself
  • often on the internet
  • doesn't have a phone; IG guy gave her a phone
  • has some developmental delays - not fully aware of what's going on
  • she's easily persuaded
  • she's from a loving, non-abusive home
  • she's never ran away before
  • new to area; came from a smaller community on the other side of SC
  • per PI - Z' may run, she doesn't know ppl in the area so she may not be open to ppl coming to talk to her
  • Z' has 3 others sisters - they've been working hard trying to investigate on SM - still need other ppl's help
  • Have had potential sightings. Reported she was @ a gas station but it wasn't her. If you think you see her, take snapshot pics & send it in. Call Sheriff's Dept.
  • per Dad - Z' is a people person. She's very talkative. Will carry on a conversation. She doesn't think ahead; she just reacts. He's been searching around town for her. If anyone knows anything pls call so they can bring her home
  • per PI - Z' has developmental delays. Whoever coerced her surely picked up on her gullibility. Strategically planned by someone who is up to no good

where did u get this info? it is the 1st i heard it
My coworker was looking up the case and it was an old Facebook post from April 2021. The comments didn’t reveal much more except a bunch of “praying that she is found.” We couldn’t find any other mention of it.

my son (who goes to the same school she does) told me earlier that he asked 1 of his teachers about her today & the teacher didnt even have a clue about it. she was shocked when my son told her that a student from their school was missing. SMH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inthesun123
Back