Scapegoats and Grasping at Straws

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rainsong said:
As for being a normal little girl--JonBenet was already a normal little girl with many pursuits other than pageants.
Rainsong

A 6 yr. old girl with "many pursuits?" LOL!! And you don't see anything wrong with this picture??
WHOSE "pursuits" were they?
That's right. And she devoted an entire chapter in their book to it.
It's titled: "Like Mother, Like Daughter".... and it is very revealing.

K777angel said:
A 6 yr. old girl with "many pursuits?" LOL!! And you don't see anything wrong with this picture??
WHOSE "pursuits" were they?
That's right. And she devoted an entire chapter in their book to it.
It's titled: "Like Mother, Like Daughter".... and it is very revealing.

Skating, bike riding, playing with dolls, swimming--all those and more have been mentioned as things JonBenet enjoyed, but nothing grabs the eye of the voracious, salacious public like those pageants.

Rainsong

Rainsong said:
Skating, bike riding, playing with dolls, swimming--all those and more have been mentioned as things JonBenet enjoyed, but noting grabs the eye of the voracious, salacious public like those pageants.

Rainsong
None of those are "pursuits." What 6 year old doesn't enjoy those or similar activities?

GuruJosh said:
(snip)
No one else in the whole plethora of protagonists comes close, in my view, to being more simultaneously interesting and bizarre, than John.
(snip):

Oh, GuruJosh, I so agree! Have you ever seen the film of John and Patsy leaving church after JonBenet's death--Patsy is more or less flopping limply forward and weeping: John is looking over the crowd with totally wary eyes, no shock, no horror, no grief, just wariness--he reminded me of the Secret Service when the President is in a crowd.

Voice of Reason said:
None of those are "pursuits." What 6 year old doesn't enjoy those or similar activities?

All of them are pursuits: hobbies, pastimes, recreation, leisure activities.

Oops. There I go with semantics again.

Rainsong

little1 said:
And if this person were so bizarre, so weird, then why have they not shown themselves already? How have they not given temselves away?
The perp returned to his lair, element, foreign country, hole, underside of rock, or whatever.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Experts have said that this case has a "bizarre" and "highly unusual" character to it. John Douglas said it, Clint VanZandt said it, and those are national experts. What that should tell you is the perp is probably going to be on the "bizarre" and "highly unusual" side.

IOW, the perp may write, sound, and act just like the ransom note and the killing suggest.

Lets face it: Nobody listed here so far, even the local run of the mill bad-guys, go up very high on the "bizarre" and "highly unusual" scale, do they.

High up on the bizarre scale are, Mike Mcelroy, Oliva, Candy Cane man, and Santa.
A few of the fringe guys that appeared after the murder are "right up there" as well, guys such as JTColfax.
You really were kidding when you suggested there weren't any bizarre characters, weren't ya'?

sissi said:
High up on the bizarre scale are, Mike Mcelroy, Oliva, Candy Cane man, and Santa.
A few of the fringe guys that appeared after the murder are "right up there" as well, guys such as JTColfax.
You really were kidding when you suggested there weren't any bizarre characters, weren't ya'?
Maybe give me some examples of bizarre instead of just claiming bizarre. Any of these people killed kids before? Kidnapped? Shoplifted?

I think when the serial killer experts at the FBI are saying bizarre and highly unusual, its not the same as your bizarre and highly unusual. Its a special kind of bizarre and unusual.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Maybe give me some examples of bizarre instead of just claiming bizarre. Any of these people killed kids before? Kidnapped? Shoplifted?

I think when the serial killer experts at the FBI are saying bizarre and highly unusual, its not the same as your bizarre and highly unusual. Its a special kind of bizarre and unusual.

Do you think the serial killers such as BTK were known to be "quirky" in their communities, or do you think they were known as "bizarre"?

Each and every man in Boulder that set up a shrine to Jonbenet that included her pictures, her "mentions", candles, candy canes, and votive candles is IMO bizarre.
Each and every man who was interviewed and found to have a collection of barbie dolls, is up there with the bizarre as well.
A man who could devote a web page to "Barbie the ultimat *advertiser censored**" is bizarre.
A guy that could say, "that cowboy number of Jonbenet's was pure genius" , is bizarre!
IMO Boulder has the corner on "bizarre" residents per capita!

sissi said:
Do you think the serial killers such as BTK were known to be "quirky" in their communities, or do you think they were known as "bizarre"?

Each and every man in Boulder that set up a shrine to Jonbenet that included her pictures, her "mentions", candles, candy canes, and votive candles is IMO bizarre.
Each and every man who was interviewed and found to have a collection of barbie dolls, is up there with the bizarre as well.
A man who could devote a web page to "Barbie the ultimat *advertiser censored**" is bizarre.
A guy that could say, "that cowboy number of Jonbenet's was pure genius" , is bizarre!
IMO Boulder has the corner on "bizarre" residents per capita!

IMO, this is the 'bizarre' Ressler was talking about:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/classics/bob_crane/5.html?sect=13

Similar MO, plenty of hype, scandal, and scapegoating associated with that case too. It even has a political angle. Its a shame its still unsolved after all these years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back