ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it could be the subject child that was there deceased, then removed.
I wonder how long decomp would last. As in, the other missing persons decomp would still be strong enough for cadaver dogs to detect 2 years later? If it is Serenity, and wildlife scattered the remains, how would they know if the dog detected every area of remains?

Send us a sign sweet Serenity, we’re still looking for you. Your Momma’s are missing you, today especially.

A good cadaver dog can find remains that are decades old, or more. There are cases where they've found remains buried under 20-40 feet of mud and muck after a flood. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're picking up the lingering traces of one of the earlier bodies.

A good cadaver dog can find remains that are decades old, or more. There are cases where they've found remains buried under 20-40 feet of mud and muck after a flood. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're picking up the lingering traces of one of the earlier bodies.
So my question is can they train dogs to distinguish between old scents from fairly new scents? As I’m typing this I feel like that might be a lot to ask and impossible to do probably. Moo. Idk if cadavers smell changes or not during decomposition.

So my question is can they train dogs to distinguish between old scents from fairly new scents? As I’m typing this I feel like that might be a lot to ask and impossible to do probably. Moo. Idk if cadavers smell changes or not during decomposition.

I can't imagine that it doesn't change, but I've never heard of dogs being trained to distinguish. There aren't even many dogs that can detect both living and deceased.

Any idea of how close that body was to the search area?

I don't know for sure since no MSM actually say more than South of Rockerville but locals more familiar with specifics have made several comments Rehfeld's body was found in one of the areas that cadaver dogs alerted and that LE has marked as places to follow up according to the articles they released on that. I think the most recent comments I saw were also on Lynne's video post about this subject. I believe this follows TOS since Lynne's videos have been approved previously.

I too looked for info about dogs alerting once a body was removed and related info and found nothing more specific than what was already shared. Just that dogs can alert on blood, bones, and decomposition fluids so I would imagine it could be possible that those sents remain in the ground depending on how deep LE dug and removed the dirt surrounding where Rehfeld was buried.

MOO

Apparently the birthday party wasn't a big success.

Lynne DiSanto SD Senate District 35
17 hrs ·
I would estimate about 50 people attended.
My questions are, why does my community seem like they would rather ignore this? Why does a missing girl, in an area with 100,000 people, have only 50 show up?

I'll be honest. I think intentions were good here. The little girl is still missing and presumed deceased, it's a recovery effort (IMO). People may have felt the Birthday celebration was ghoulish. I don't think it means they don't care. They simply don't know what to do. More professional boots on the ground are most likely needed. All my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay