Search Center: Information, Pics, and Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Onamission ... Does LE ever acknowledge your briefing/debriefing paperwork or have they ever contacted you to clarify something in the report or ask questions? Thx.

Yes LE has been Awesome and they do acknowledge our paperwork, they have asked us about paperwork, all levels of LE have been great.

On a Mission

I am hoping that searchers are screened before they are allowed to search. I was wondering if anyone has ever been denied the right to search for Lindsey because of
their background?

I am hoping that searchers are screened before they are allowed to search. I was wondering if anyone has ever been denied the right to search for Lindsey because of
their background?

If LE feels the need to do it, then I'm sure they do. As far as the volunteer search center staff doing it.. no, we don't have the time nor the money to run background checks on every single person who comes to help.

I run names through the court website sometimes

Onamission, I didn't quote your post up there as it was lengthy, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write that explanation. It was very interesting to read and makes my adoration of Klaas Kids even stronger. :blowkiss:

Yes even yesterday. Can't even get a ticket off your record when you win in court wtf is that??

Seriously? I thought they removed those...

Talked to 3 diff people in a certain large county yesterday & they we're all too happy to justify why a dismissed ticket should remain

their background?

I would also like to add something here. I've got a late start today on WS and everything going on so I apologize.

I don't know of ANY search center or a missing person who has LE and volunteer searchers who show up and get screened BEFORE they search.

Never heard of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Can you imagine? Please come help search and volunteer. But when you get here we are screening you. That would take hours!

Is this your thought for all searches everywhere for missing people and children, or just because some of you think that it should be the standard in Lindsey's search because you think her mom or KK or company is involved?

Just wondering.

We don't have a "screener" at the Search Center who has access to background checks. I don't know of other search centers who do either.

You must give your ID. Then it's up to LE to go and do a screen and/or background check once they've received the paperwork on those searching.

I'm pretty sure they have all our information. I would imagine my phone is tapped, and they know what color my Christmas tree will be. As well as what color underwear I buy. I'm also ok with that.

So....

Breanna
I actually do not know who is involved with Lindsey being missing, nor do I have a clue, so that was not the context of my question. It was a question because I have heard of what you stated about having to give an id? And you answered my question at the end of your post, so thank you. The other question I asked was by chance, since that kind of information I am sure is not to be disclosed, but I thought I would ask because I am not an expert in missing children searches or the law.

Another thing is quite odd to me, am I speaking to an actual core member of the search team for Lindsey Baum?

Id like to comment on this one... our searches consist of VOLUNTEERS. if they are trained WONDERFUL! if not, thats ok! we have a list of items to look for including description of her clothing and then the typical stuff such as tape, rope etc. you woudl be shocked at how much tape there is in mccleary! we try to give our searchers as much info as we can in what to look for. they are also equipped with the center phone number as a contact if there are ANY questions.

as for who can search. everyone must present a valid Id and fill out paperwork. they are submitting to potential background checks. Now, obviously we havent had to deal with 'poi's" wanting to help. they tend to stay pretty far away from the searches themselves. Any suspicion is noted and passed to LE.

The group is volunteers. we cant pick and choose who comes to help. we can however make sure their present background has nothing potentially harmful to the case. In the ideal situation, we would have so many searchers we could choose who to send where but these days we are lucky to get much ground covered at all because we arent getting the turnout we need.

Sorry for my post above, I should have read this first, it would have avoided the the reply to mine

Good Morning, It is a beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest. There was heavy frost covering the cars early this morning as it was very cold out. It is in the mid 30's now but no rain and not a cloud in the sky.

I hope the search is fruitful today, leading to something being found that will bring Lindsey back home. I wish I could send each searcher a hot cup of cocoa. xox

Prayers for the searchers that something will be found that will bring Lindsey home for Christmas.

Prayers for the searchers that something will be found that will bring Lindsey home for Christmas.

Hi SouthernMom, I pray for that too, that Lindsey is brought home for Christmas.

I wanted to stop in and see how the searches went this weekend. It is cold and clear here in Portland and we have an Artic cool down hitting the area tonight. Winds up to 60 mph in the mountains and they are saying at 6am it will be 21 degrees. Shiver my timbers, that is just dern cold! xox

Id like to comment on this one... our searches consist of VOLUNTEERS. if they are trained WONDERFUL! if not, thats ok! we have a list of items to look for including description of her clothing and then the typical stuff such as tape, rope etc. you would be shocked at how much tape there is in mccleary! we try to give our searchers as much info as we can in what to look for. they are also equipped with the center phone number as a contact if there are ANY questions.

as for who can search. everyone must present a valid Id and fill out paperwork. they are submitting to potential background checks. Now, obviously we haven't had to deal with 'poi's" wanting to help. they tend to stay pretty far away from the searches themselves. Any suspicion is noted and passed to LE.

The group is volunteers. we cant pick and choose who comes to help. we can however make sure their present background has nothing potentially harmful to the case. In the ideal situation, we would have so many searchers we could choose who to send where but these days we are lucky to get much ground covered at all because we aren't getting the turnout we need.

Excuse this delayed question. Thank you for explaining it simple enough that at least I can understand how a search is conducted. I have some more questions(as a student)

*who provides the search team a list of what the searchers should be looking for? (Such as , clothing items and other objects)

*If a searcher comes across something, they call the command center right? What does the command center do if they receive this call?

*At the end of a search everyone gathers for a debriefing? What is covered during this meeting? Is LE there also? I ask b/c it seems there's a high risk of information that could get dropped b/w volunteers and those specifically trained to investigate and look for clues.

*Is information that searchers give to those at the command center respected as confidential until LE can make a determination or can this information be passed to others not involved in the search?

*Is there a log book, sorta speak, that's kept for any and all information from the searches? Who would be responsible for guarding it?

*(last question, promise) Are searchers held to certain legal standards such as confidentiality of information?

Novice Seeker

*who provides the search team a list of what the searchers should be looking for? (Such as , clothing items and other objects)
that was originally provided by Klaas Kids and LRC. It is standard info in the missing of a child.

Those who seen Lindsey last provided a great description of what clothes to look for.

*If a searcher comes across something, they call the command center right? What does the command center do if they receive this call?
If the searchers call the center with something that they feel needs checked out a core group is immedately sent to the location. If they infact find human remains that are obviously human (ie skull) they are to call LE FIRST! then notify the search center.

*At the end of a search everyone gathers for a debriefing? What is covered during this meeting? Is LE there also? I ask b/c it seems there's a high risk of information that could get dropped b/w volunteers and those specifically trained to investigate and look for clues.

debriefing is when the group gathers together and with a core member. the discuss everything they seen as well as the terrain they went thru etc. thi sis there time to let search center staff know the area and possible evidence. Any infomration that could prove useful in finding Lb is passed to LE!

*Is information that searchers give to those at the command center respected as confidential until LE can make a determination or can this information be passed to others not involved in the search?

Absolutely! All INFO provided including tips are confidential! the info goes from the debriefer and then directly to LE.

*Is there a log book, sorta speak, that's kept for any and all information from the searches? Who would be responsible for guarding it?
We have a filing system in place to assure every piece of information is secure at all times.

*(last question, promise) Are searchers held to certain legal standards such as confidentiality of information?

Yes. The searchers are briefed, asked to search, then debriefed. we have a great core team to assure all information is processed correctly.

that was originally provided by Klaas Kids and LRC. It is standard info in the missing of a child.

Those who seen Lindsey last provided a great description of what clothes to look for.

If the searchers call the center with something that they feel needs checked out a core group is immedately sent to the location. If they infact find human remains that are obviously human (ie skull) they are to call LE FIRST! then notify the search center.

debriefing is when the group gathers together and with a core member. the discuss everything they seen as well as the terrain they went thru etc. thi sis there time to let search center staff know the area and possible evidence. Any infomration that could prove useful in finding Lb is passed to LE!

Absolutely! All INFO provided including tips are confidential! the info goes from the debriefer and then directly to LE.

We have a filing system in place to assure every piece of information is secure at all times.

Yes. The searchers are briefed, asked to search, then debriefed. we have a great core team to assure all information is processed correctly.

FleeceC, thank you for explaining this simple enough for me to understand how a search is operated. I've always heard about the searches when a child goes missing but never thought about all that is involved. Even more respect and appreciation to every single person who comes forward to volunteer their personal time to search for someone they have never met.

Please understand that it's b/c of my admiration for every searcher who has ever volunteered that drives me to seek answers. So, any information collected or discussed within a Search event is confidential what happens when someone shares or passes information to others not involved in the search? Are laws broken? If that person is allowed to continue in other searches does it remove credibility from the search team that say a defense attorney could use in favor for his/her client?

My questions and concerns aren't b/c of a need to attack an individual. My only motiviation is to make sure that nothing hinders Lindsey from receiving the justice she deserves. I would be devastated if someone walked b/c of what someone did at the search center.

Novice Seeker

We are not LE nor are we working for them. So it is not illegal to discuss stuff outside of the search center. We just ask people not to just in case something they found does have to do with the disappearance of Lindsey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back